Graham, WA
P
Polarapete Offline
top fuel
Polarapete  Offline
top fuel
P

Graham, WA
I once did a master cylinder replacement on a VW Rabbit and could not get pedal after bleeding the brakes many times. Finally discovered pin holes in the hard brake lines leading from front to rear in the perimeter of the driver's footwell!! Car had a water leak in the cowl and soaked the carpet backing, kept the tubing wet and over the years pinholes developed! Trace the metal lines and verify no leaks is my suggestion.

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer
Re: STOP on a dime? NOT! (UPDATE) [Re: quick77rt ] #59016
05/22/08 08:37 AM
05/22/08 08:37 AM
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
Magnum Offline
master
Magnum  Offline
master

Hamilton, Ontario Canada
Quote:

Man thats crazy, my girl cant boil water, but she helped bleed the brakes in my van, if you scream loud enough most will listen.

Glad its fixed, there is always the do it alone method, either a rubber strap on pedal from the backside or the concrete block leaning on the pedal, pop bleader let it go a few seconds re-set block.....

That made me laugh, the storey about your girl.

Also love your no helper method. That's ingenious.

I've had to get my kids to help me on occasion. My boys are old enough 8 and 13 to help out but there has been a few times my girl, who is 5, was the only one available. I'd disconnect the throttle cable, run the engine and have her pump the pedal. Watch for brake lights and crack the screw.

Quote:

I wouldn't go any more (less?) than 1 degree negative. Actually, to me that is a little excessive and is bordering on tire wear, IMHO. Maybe some of these others with more experience in racing setups have a different opinion, but I don't think I'd go anymore than 1/2 degree negative.

I totally agree dodgeram440. Especially on a car with 17" rubber. Mostly likely low profile tires.

On a skinny tire car. A couple of degrees of neg camber is not a tire wear issue. Neg is great for cornering and every bit extra on a skinny front tire car helps.

69 Super Bee, 93 Mustang LX, 04 Allure Super
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3