SW Ohio
C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
You do not have to run heads-up with Barton or Wescott to win in SS. Look at Tueton and Hess last year, both did well in SS Eliminator running 8.80's. The ability to dial the car and drive the track at both ends is far more important.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: cgall] #565355
12/30/09 11:08 AM
12/30/09 11:08 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quote:

You do not have to run heads-up with Barton or Wescott to win in SS. Look at Tueton and Hess last year, both did well in SS Eliminator running 8.80's. The ability to dial the car and drive the track at both ends is far more important.

Unless you line up against another AH car it is just a bracket car in a bracket race. Warford's car is a steal for the price adn IMO Wendel's car is also a good deal just a little older racecar.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: B G Racing] #565356
12/30/09 11:15 AM
12/30/09 11:15 AM
Western New York
sixpackbee Offline
master
sixpackbee  Offline
master

Western New York
Quote:

Class racing is like chasing your tail,SS/AH racing to a newbie on a budget is like mimiture poodole chasing the tail on Bull Mastif.

Here we go again. Although I will agree that to race class on a budget is nuts but AH on a budget is double nuts.

1959 Bugeye Sprite
1967 Charger Black L code
1967 Coronet R/T Convert Green 440 auto bought from original owner
1968 Charger R/T Bronze 440 4 spd console AM/FM
1969 Super Bee WM21H B5 A40 D21 N96
1969 Barracuda Formula S 340 Convert pilot car
1969 Hemi Road Runner RM23J D32 Omaha orange 4.10 Dana N96 N85
1970 Super Bee WM23N FE5 V1X 3.91 axle package, N96
1970 Road Runner RM21N B3 V1X D13
1971 MG Midget
1971 Road Runner RM23H GW3, A57
1972 Road Runner RM23P FY1, D21
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: sixpackbee] #565357
12/30/09 11:23 AM
12/30/09 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565358
12/30/09 11:31 AM
12/30/09 11:31 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
IMO there are not enough AH cars out there to worry about having to run one heads up at a divisional or national event race. Personally I woudl nto let that fact get in the way if that was what I wanted to do. Look at the other stock and super stock classes. Plenty of cars out there that win that are just under the index. With the new .3 reduction on ALL indexes and added weight to many others in Stock and SS it just made a lot of cars a lot slower, but it is across the board. All in an effort to let the new cars run hard.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: Al_Alguire] #565359
12/30/09 12:41 PM
12/30/09 12:41 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

IMO there are not enough AH cars out there to worry about having to run one heads up at a divisional or national event race. Personally I woudl nto let that fact get in the way if that was what I wanted to do. Look at the other stock and super stock classes. Plenty of cars out there that win that are just under the index. With the new .3 reduction on ALL indexes and added weight to many others in Stock and SS it just made a lot of cars a lot slower, but it is across the board. All in an effort to let the new cars run hard.

Last count there was over 46 SS/AH cars running NHRA events and more on the way.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: B G Racing] #565360
12/30/09 02:17 PM
12/30/09 02:17 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Last count there was over 46 SS/AH cars running NHRA events and more on the way.

There are a lot cheaper ways to run NHRA super stock than with these cars. Many, if not most, care little about anything other than going fast and winning class at the national events. It's strictly a rich man's class. That's why I'm kind of surprised Al doesn't jump on this deal.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: BobR] #565361
12/30/09 03:11 PM
12/30/09 03:11 PM
Kansas City Metro
M
mbogina Offline
enthusiast
mbogina  Offline
enthusiast
M

Kansas City Metro
I see an awful lot of comments on this thread disparaging Super Stock Class Racing by people that Don't race in Super Stock Class. Money is really only number three on my list of "what it takes to compete in Super Stock Class Racing", the most important ingredient is desire, the second is determination. I have seen many SS trophies won by the slower of a particular pair of cars. If you have the desire, determination and enough $$, go for it.

At Indy a couple years back, my car wasn't running well and Dan Fletcher had me covered by over .25 seconds. In the SS/EA class final, he redlit to me.

Warford's car is a quality piece, fast enough to win, and a bargain for the money.

Be a Rebel- Break the Laws of Physics!
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: mbogina] #565362
12/30/09 04:51 PM
12/30/09 04:51 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

I see an awful lot of comments on this thread disparaging Super Stock Class Racing by people that Don't race in Super Stock Class. Money is really only number three on my list of "what it takes to compete in Super Stock Class Racing", the most important ingredient is desire, the second is determination. I have seen many SS trophies won by the slower of a particular pair of cars. If you have the desire, determination and enough $$, go for it.

At Indy a couple years back, my car wasn't running well and Dan Fletcher had me covered by over .25 seconds. In the SS/EA class final, he redlit to me.

Warford's car is a quality piece, fast enough to win, and a bargain for the money.

I hope that it wasn't anything that I said. I didn't mean to slight anyone. What I meant was to run in SS with a SS/AH car is expensive and there are cheaper alternatives(like a 340 in SS/IA) that are as capable of winning the eliminator for that class. Most of the guys who run the hemis do it because they enjoy the elite status this car brings.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: B G Racing] #565363
12/30/09 05:10 PM
12/30/09 05:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Class racing is like chasing your tail,SS/AH racing to a newbie on a budget is like mimiture poodole chasing the tail on Bull Mastif.

so BG explain this statement to me regarding newbie on a budget in regards to ss/ah racing, who are you refering this to?

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565364
12/30/09 06:35 PM
12/30/09 06:35 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

It takes DEEP POCKETS to run AH. Some of the guys spend as much as a a pro stock racers do. You also better be ready to do a lot of wrenching.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565365
12/30/09 06:39 PM
12/30/09 06:39 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

so BG explain this statement to me regarding newbie on a budget in regards to ss/ah racing, who are you refering this to?

General statement:Would never call you a Newbie on a budget,that would be a mis-statement Where's the love?I.am not feeling any.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: B G Racing] #565366
12/30/09 07:58 PM
12/30/09 07:58 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

General statement:Would never call you a Newbie on a budget,that would be a mis-statement Where's the love?I.am not feeling any.

as long as we got that straight.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: mbogina] #565367
12/30/09 10:14 PM
12/30/09 10:14 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure

5699126-IMG_1176.JPG (290 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: hemi-itis] #565368
12/30/09 10:19 PM
12/30/09 10:19 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565369
12/30/09 10:21 PM
12/30/09 10:21 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Why SS/AH is your goal to become cannon fodder in a higher class than NSS

Or he could run in an exibitionist class making SOLO passes playin' withizelf.No threat of competition in da utter lane

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: Quicktree] #565370
12/30/09 10:55 PM
12/30/09 10:55 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

TONY,please let everyone know whats funny?
I'm curious

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565371
12/30/09 11:00 PM
12/30/09 11:00 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

TONY,please let everyone know whats funny?
I'm curious

That would be the creative second grade editing of the last sentence......

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda [Re: B G Racing] #565372
12/30/09 11:01 PM
12/30/09 11:01 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im here for ya Bob....

5699268-bobgeorge.jpg (414 downloads)
Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda #565373
12/31/09 12:04 AM
12/31/09 12:04 AM
Fort Worth, TX
Dago Red Offline
mopar
Dago Red  Offline
mopar

Fort Worth, TX
Quote: