sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: sixpackgut] #553021
12/16/09 06:43 AM
12/16/09 06:43 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7571/

back for the holidays

are you guys ganging up attacking me again? when I get time I will debunk your movie or should I call it made up fairy tails? you do have a good imagination though .

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: sixpackgut] #553022
12/16/09 09:14 AM
12/16/09 09:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

back for the holidays

That was hilarious..... but you forgot the comment about not being able to use a 4 wheel drive for comparison.....

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success #553023
12/16/09 09:59 AM
12/16/09 09:59 AM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

back for the holidays

That was hilarious..... but you forgot the comment about not being able to use a 4 wheel drive for comparison.....

that was made 74 pinion angle threads ago

Last edited by sixpackgut; 12/16/09 10:00 AM.

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success #553024
12/16/09 10:11 AM
12/16/09 10:11 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
If all the pinion setting is required to be determined at the trans out put shaft,then eveytime you adjust your suspension,ladder bar or 4 link do you have to pull the driveshaft and if you can't get the correct pinion angle relationship by adjusting the rearend do you then move the trans I don't think so I agree that when building a chassis you place the driveline so that the u-joints are within the best working ranges.No disrespect to Mr. Morgen,I have read the Doorslammers book and attended one of his classes years ago and found that I disagree on some of his findings.I have never run a ladder bar at negative on backhalved cars with stock suspension,always level or positive.Different strokes for different folks.

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553025
12/16/09 01:15 PM
12/16/09 01:15 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I too have read Dave's book and find a lot of it that I don't agree with either. He(Dave) talked with a friend of mine recently, about doing a class at my friends shop and during the conversation, even Dave admitted he needed to update some of his info, as it was dated and things had changed quite a bit, since he had spent much time at the track. Dave Morgan is a smart man, no doubt, but does that mean we should all take what he says as the absolute gospel, of course not. His opinions are just that, opinions, same as the rest of us and not everyone will agree. So Quicktree, you can do it however you want, but just because I choose to do it differently, does not mean I am wrong, or that you are wrong, just different.

And as far as an "explanation", I have posted countless times, why I do it the way I do it, but you always seem to forget that part. Maybe if I had a pretty drawing I could call on everytime someone asked, I might be called the "expert"....

Monte

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Monte_Smith] #553026
12/16/09 01:51 PM
12/16/09 01:51 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

I too have read Dave's book and find a lot of it that I don't agree with either. He(Dave) talked with a friend of mine recently, about doing a class at my friends shop and during the conversation, even Dave admitted he needed to update some of his info, as it was dated and things had changed quite a bit, since he had spent much time at the track. Dave Morgan is a smart man, no doubt, but does that mean we should all take what he says as the absolute gospel, of course not. His opinions are just that, opinions, same as the rest of us and not everyone will agree. So Quicktree, you can do it however you want, but just because I choose to do it differently, does not mean I am wrong, or that you are wrong, just different.

And as far as an "explanation", I have posted countless times, why I do it the way I do it, but you always seem to forget that part. Maybe if I had a pretty drawing I could call on everytime someone asked, I might be called the "expert"....

Monte

There is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.If what anyone is doing works than that's what they must rely on and share that knowledge.To not be open minded only limits what one can learn.To Tony(Quicktree)A mind is like a parachute,it only works when it's open.I agree with Monte that we may all be correct but achieve the same things buy different process.The method we proport is the simplest to do and understand.I have had many inquires of people that took Tony's drawings and tried to apply them to their set-up only to scratch their heads in confusion.Some tried to move the trans and created a lot of other issues,:clearence,binding and etc.Only to find that using the adjustments at the bars solved the great pinion debate of this century.Like Monte said some of us are different,I think some of us are"wierd"

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Monte_Smith] #553027
12/16/09 03:34 PM
12/16/09 03:34 PM
Newark,Ohio
kissmyaspen Offline
pro stock
kissmyaspen  Offline
pro stock

Newark,Ohio
Quote:

Monte

Last I talked to him he was writing a new book. that was 3 years ago when i was in school. i had him for 2 six week classes i would still like to go to one of his seminars. Very smart man. on of the 6 week i spent a lot of time under a 68 NSS AA car.

79 Dodge Aspen
12.265 at 109.75 MPH

67 Satellite NSS/E
11.83 @ 110

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 472 Hemi

3 time MOPAR NATIONALS CHAMP '03 FWD and '06 & '09 Street.
'07, '10, '12 Mopar Nats runner-up Street.
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553028
12/16/09 05:19 PM
12/16/09 05:19 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

There is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.If what anyone is doing works than that's what they must rely on and share that knowledge.To not be open minded only limits what one can learn.To Tony(Quicktree)A mind is like a parachute,it only works when it's open.I agree with Monte that we may all be correct but achieve the same things buy different process.The method we proport is the simplest to do and understand.I have had many inquires of people that took Tony's drawings and tried to apply them to their set-up only to scratch their heads in confusion.Some tried to move the trans and created a lot of other issues,:clearence,binding and etc.Only to find that using the adjustments at the bars solved the great pinion debate of this century.Like Monte said some of us are different,I think some of us are"wierd"

wait a minute , I have no books or drawings what was posted if off of rosslers(who builds trannnies for some of the quickest and fastest cars on the planet) web site not mine. and I have said many times that I agree to dissagree. and i don't have a parachute either. you guys keep attacking me and I am not the expert writing these things I just believe they seem like a a better way than the 30 year old method that was taught by the early chrysler racers. I listen to everyone then decide for myself which way I think is better for me right or wrong. I would be willing to bet there are more people setting their angles like this than offf the drive shaft. there were 13 people in our class and not a one used the drive shaft method.

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Monte_Smith] #553029
12/16/09 05:28 PM
12/16/09 05:28 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Monte

I hope I have never said you were wrong. I don't recall saying that anyway. it's obvious that your method works but still can't see any benefit to doing it that way. you asked for a link to tests do you have any links to your private test sessions? Monte you know I admire your work and have deep respect for your knowledge. I love to learn new things and follow your posts. there are plenty on this site who disagree with you on this subject but don't post in fear of getting attacked as you have seen over the years I have thick skin and say what I think

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553030
12/16/09 06:32 PM
12/16/09 06:32 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

wait a minute , I have no books or drawings what was posted if off of rosslers(who builds trannnies for some of the quickest and fastest cars on the planet) web site not mine. and I have said many times that I agree to dissagree. and i don't have a parachute either. you guys keep attacking me and I am not the expert writing these things I just believe they seem like a a better way than the 30 year old method that was taught by the early chrysler racers. I listen to everyone then decide for myself which way I think is better for me right or wrong. I would be willing to bet there are more people setting their angles like this than offf the drive shaft. there were 13 people in our class and not a one used the drive shaft method.

Tony,maybe that's why they were in the class J/K I'am glad you have alligator skin

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553031
12/16/09 07:27 PM
12/16/09 07:27 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
eye aldwayz thunk it waz two tri too cansel da 2 werking angels out underz load.

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: TS3303] #553032
12/16/09 07:55 PM
12/16/09 07:55 PM
A tad North of Indy
B
Blown71X Offline
super gas
Blown71X  Offline
super gas
B

A tad North of Indy

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Blown71X] #553033
12/16/09 08:02 PM
12/16/09 08:02 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

why do you keep reading these boring posts?

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: TS3303] #553034
12/16/09 08:28 PM
12/16/09 08:28 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

eye aldwayz thunk it waz two tri too cansel da 2 werking angels out underz load.

Youz a dumazz,youz needs sum angles ta keep da needles turnen

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553035
12/16/09 08:35 PM
12/16/09 08:35 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
Quote:

Quote:

and youz need glazzes old man ( ). I didn't say everything inline line at 0º. ezample -2.5º trans/driveshaft and +2.5º drivehaft/pinion..... both ujoints will have angles to make them "work"

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: TS3303] #553036
12/16/09 08:37 PM
12/16/09 08:37 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and youz need glazzes old man ( ). I didn't say everything inline line at 0º. ezample -2.5º trans/driveshaft and +2.5º drivehaft/pinion..... both ujoints will have angles to make them "work"

oh no now your going to be attacked by the ancient army

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553037
12/16/09 08:51 PM
12/16/09 08:51 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

oh no now your going to be attacked by the ancient army

Ouch!!! you cut me Jim,cut me deep!I'am going to

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553038
12/16/09 08:59 PM
12/16/09 08:59 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: TS3303] #553039
12/16/09 09:10 PM
12/16/09 09:10 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

That's just so not right You probably think I hadn't noticed Where's the Shadow when I need him?You poked the "Bear"

Last edited by B G Racing; 12/16/09 09:13 PM.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11