06/08/08 09:50 AM
06/08/08 09:50 AM
E.Amherst, NY
69RR Offline
top fuel
69RR  Offline
top fuel

E.Amherst, NY
I don't understand. The car is long gone and you had a title made in your name for a vin tag?,

Now you want to build a car around the vin tag? Why do you need a build sheet for? its not for any car you're going to revin anyway?

Dean Got my hands on the wheel, foot to the pedal, gonna drive this car till the tires turn to metal - gonna sleep when I'm dead and laugh at the devil..
Re: Need Source for Dash VIN Dry Transfer "Chrysler Cor [Re: daniel_depetro] #45492
06/08/08 10:09 AM
06/08/08 10:09 AM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
Dan I was thinking of robbing my local convenience store and was wondering if you would send me some ammunition for my 9MM. TIA

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Need Source for Dash VIN Dry Transfer "Chrysler Cor [Re: Alaskan_TA] #45493
06/08/08 11:47 AM
06/08/08 11:47 AM
Jacksonville, Fl
426runner Offline
enthusiast
426runner  Offline
enthusiast

Jacksonville, Fl
Quote:

Quote:

Wow, I was searching through Barry Washingtons site and found he had a build sheet for a 1970 Challenger R/T-SE 440 we had that we parted out back in the early 80's. I was so excited I sent him and e-mail with the VIN plate as proof of owership of the vehicle and he black listed the cars VIN and told me I was in criminal activity because it was not attached to the dash! I sold the dash out of the car and wanted to keep the VIN tag with the car, but I guess that was my mistake. The car is titled in my name as well and of course the fender tag was long gone as the car was hit very hard in the front end. They cut the front end off and we parted the rest, however now I would like to put the car back together and he will not send me the build sheet and says he will never deal with me. I guess I should have just send him a picture of the title in my name. Shortly after that I re-registered the car so nobody else could use my VIN number. Just frustrating. That build sheet is obviously critical to a 440 R/T-SE Challenger.

Daniel,
Your title must be a fake, the VIN is not complete.

You admitted to parting the car out (more than once), so if it is gone, it is gone and I WILL NOT help you in ANY way.

Michigan does have VERY strict laws about loose VIN tags including those from parted cars. You should look them up sometime.

Everyone here should look into the federal & their state laws concerning VIN tags before they do anything with them at all.

Barry Washington

Daniel- Are you saying you still have whats left of the car, minus the front end, dash pad and whatever else you parted out off the car?

Later, Sandy '70 HEMI Road Runner B5/B5, 4 spd "Sandy's Garage" on Facebook
Re: Need Source for Dash VIN Dry Transfer "Chrysler Cor [Re: 426runner] #45494
06/08/08 12:07 PM
06/08/08 12:07 PM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
I was wondering the same thing as above. Does he have only the rusted out remains of a long dead hull? I could live with him having the body, minus the fenders or doors. But if Barry (perhaps) thinks......and I cant speak for him, he has nothing left of this and wants the build sheet to rebuild virtually a car that had practically nothing left, I dont dig that either. There are unanswered questions here. How much parting out was there? Does the cowl with the vin numbers remain? Door with vin remain? It would appear if it was hit "hard" in the front the radiator support vin is gone. If it was deemed not worthy to salvage before, and now it is, then I would fear for the wrong reasons. Barry seems to look out for the hobbies best interest, least wise as far as Ive seen, I think so. I wish I had my own 70 RT/SE build sheet. Ive listed my car on that LA version of the Hamtract historical thing. How would Michigan title this car without inspection? If totally all apart would there not be a "salvage type title" like we have down here in Kentucky? I tend to run a wee bit toward the suspicious side on things like this. However, if the owner is willing to provide information, pics, more documentation etc, ...hmm I still dont know.

With a build sheet goes a certain amount of status and credibility. Easy to take something long gone and build another car around the build sheet and vin. Armed with that info one can even get a fender tag made. Im an NOT suggesting that would be the purpose of this individual. Not saying that at all, however the risk of something like that being done is substancial. Especially when you think of a relatively high dollar 440 70 model Challenger. Oh well all this is simply specualation on my part and simply worth only

Re: Need Source for Dash VIN Dry Transfer "Chrysler Cor [Re: daniel_depetro] #45495
06/08/08 01:02 PM
06/08/08 01:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have checked your seatbacks before parting out your car. That's where it was all along. Post some pictures of what is left of the car. Curious to see.

At least now I know Chrysler didn't just put the wrong buildsheet in my car. Maybe there's still hope that my orginal seats (with broadcast sheet) are still out there. Ok, everyone w/'70 Challenger seats, please check your seatbacks for a JS29U0B......

Re: Need Source for Dash VIN Dry Transfer "Chrysler Cor #45496
06/08/08 02:09 PM
06/08/08 02:09 PM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV

JS29U0B162182 ** Parted out
JS29U0B166546 ** Parted out
JS29U0B273661 ** Parted

From a pretty reliable source, it seems at least 3 of the 875 US spec. 440 4bbl '70 Challenger R/T SEs have been parted?

I also would like to see pictures of what remains of the original poster's JS29U0B273xxx car.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4