P
PLATINUM6BBL Offline
master
PLATINUM6BBL  Offline
master
P

PA
Quote:

many years ago when i restored the rts rrunner i could not get an nos set to stick so i repopped 10 of ea side. i possibly gave a set to tony a long time ago.
thanks for the input. steve

And what happened to the other 9? Have always wanted to see a set close-up. I've also wanted a set of Car of the Year decals that went in the quarter windows as well, anyone repopping them? I had a customer tell me he still has a packet he got w/ his '69 383 Runner that had the quarter window COTY decals but he never installed them. Of course I asked if they could be bought, which was "no", but that he would keep me in mind.

Last edited by PLATINUM6BBL; 11/29/06 07:16 AM.
Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: PLATINUM6BBL] #32442
11/29/06 11:45 AM
11/29/06 11:45 AM
boogie down bronx, ny
S
stevenjuliano Offline OP
enthusiast
stevenjuliano  Offline OP
enthusiast
S

boogie down bronx, ny
Quote:

Quote:

many years ago when i restored the rts rrunner i could not get an nos set to stick so i repopped 10 of ea side. i possibly gave a set to tony a long time ago.
thanks for the input. steve

And what happened to the other 9? Have always wanted to see a set close-up. I've also wanted a set of Car of the Year decals that went in the quarter windows as well, anyone repopping them? I had a customer tell me he still has a packet he got w/ his '69 383 Runner that had the quarter window COTY decals but he never installed them. Of course I asked if they could be bought, which was "no", but that he would keep me in mind.

hey NICK a big THANK YOU once again for bailing me out with your photos. i am not sure where the other 9 sets are. my guess is they still reside in ny and didnt make it out here to california. those car of the year stickers may have come in both black or white. when i get over to my building today i will check on that. if i had a 69 rrunner i would decorate it with these for sure....

Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: stevenjuliano] #32443
11/29/06 12:04 PM
11/29/06 12:04 PM
Ramona, CA
NicksGarage Offline
master
NicksGarage  Offline
master

Ramona, CA
Quote:

hey NICK a big THANK YOU once again for bailing me out with your photos. i am not sure where the other 9 sets are. my guess is they still reside in ny and didnt make it out here to california. those car of the year stickers may have come in both black or white. when i get over to my building today i will check on that. if i had a 69 rrunner i would decorate it with these for sure....

No problem Steve, Here is side shot of the '70 RTS Road Runner with the decals and the hand painted extended dust trail.

Nick.

Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: RoadRunnerJD] #32444
11/29/06 01:43 PM
11/29/06 01:43 PM
The Last Frontier
Alaska_A12 Offline
master
Alaska_A12  Offline
master

The Last Frontier
Quote:

The wheel discs were just a factory promotional item available over the counter and not for any particular car. As far as I know, they were available in the accessories catalog before the A12's were announced? Some one with a black A12 in a magazine in 1990 set a precedent for other A12 guys I guess...

Let's discuss the roadrunner disc specifically. I doubt anyone with a GTX, Belvedere, etc. would want a roadrunner disc.

In 1969 (correct me if I'm wrong) the only two road runners to have 15 inch wheels were the Hemi and A12. Since the Hemi had the hubcaps then I would say by default these discs were pretty A12 specific.

Anyone have pictures from back in the day of the road runner discs on anything other than an A12?

______________________________________________ http://regcars.homestead.com/car107.html
Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: stevenjuliano] #32445
11/29/06 06:31 PM
11/29/06 06:31 PM
PA
P
PLATINUM6BBL Offline
master
PLATINUM6BBL  Offline
master
P

PA
Quote:

when i get over to my building today i will check on that. if i had a 69 rrunner i would decorate it with these for sure....

That's what I'm wanting to do! The COTY award is often overshadowed today. In fact I don't remember it being brought up at the reunion last year .
Can the repopped big Runner decals be purchased
Lon

Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: Alaska_A12] #32446
11/29/06 10:30 PM
11/29/06 10:30 PM
boogie down bronx, ny
S
stevenjuliano Offline OP
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

boogie down bronx, ny
Quote:

Quote:

The wheel discs were just a factory promotional item available over the counter and not for any particular car. As far as I know, they were available in the accessories catalog before the A12's were announced? Some one with a black A12 in a magazine in 1990 set a precedent for other A12 guys I guess...

Let's discuss the roadrunner disc specifically. I doubt anyone with a GTX, Belvedere, etc. would want a roadrunner disc.

In 1969 (correct me if I'm wrong) the only two road runners to have 15 inch wheels were the Hemi and A12. Since the Hemi had the hubcaps then I would say by default these discs were pretty A12 specific.

Anyone have pictures from back in the day of the road runner discs on anything other than an A12?

the 15" issue is a valid point that got past me. the hemi with steel wheels with dog dish and the plain steel wheeled a12 car would be the only 2 choices for 1969. im going to stick them on a hemi superbird with rallye wheels though maybe thats a bit unorthodox...again very good observation.

Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: PLATINUM6BBL] #32447
11/29/06 10:33 PM
11/29/06 10:33 PM
boogie down bronx, ny
S
stevenjuliano Offline OP
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

boogie down bronx, ny
Quote:

Quote:

when i get over to my building today i will check on that. if i had a 69 rrunner i would decorate it with these for sure....

That's what I'm wanting to do! The COTY award is often overshadowed today. In fact I don't remember it being brought up at the reunion last year .
Can the repopped big Runner decals be purchased
Lon

lon...i looked at the order form and the car of the year awards were avail in both black and white. when i get back to nyc i will crawl in my attic and look for the giant stickers. if i find them i'll just mail you a set.

Re: DONT OWN AN A12 BUT HAVE A QUESTION????? [Re: stevenjuliano] #32448
11/30/06 12:21 PM
11/30/06 12:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bought an original set of those decals a few years back on ebay. The seller used to work at a dealer back in the 60's-70's and had this unused set. I always knew they were for the Roadrunner doors, but he told me they were used for promotional purposes on the front windows of the dealership. My guess is they were used for both.

Page 2 of 2 1 2