Print Thread
our 74 space duster #282873
04/09/09 06:11 PM
04/09/09 06:11 PM
fort knox ky
440 trucknduster Offline OP
440 trucknduster  Offline OP

fort knox ky
here is a pic of it before it was takin apart for the winter redo,s bought it in san jose california where it was sold for the first time and bought new 8/74,was 318 bench seat car ,
got it home put a stock b uilt 440 in it to have some driving time in it before i figured what i wanted to do to it,the original color and strips were still on it at time i bought it for $ 1700 and drove it home from san jose to monteray,the car pretty much had not been touched with the addition of a trailer hitch?
jack was still in the bag all the decals still in place,though faded.
was an ac deleet car one speaker am player for tunes.some one put an 8,1/4 posi in it some time in its life with 321 gears,the springs were wasted due to towing a trailer i guess?
we got stationed here at fort knox ky and took it to a fue shows and the funny thing is that one show we were at a couple was looking at it real hard and was talking to my son about the car and asked him about the california blue plates on it and he told the couple we just got here and where we bought it,the guy told my son he just looked at buying the very same duster when he was out in cali but the guy wanted to much for and asked how much we paid for it, he about fell out when helearned we talk the guy down to $1700,
anyway the 440 is getting the works,kb pistons comp solid lift cam 68 model 915 heads with goodies added plus abunch of other stuff,single tunnel ram with an 850 holleu double pump,toped off with a band m scoop ,
the tran is a hughe 727 reverse man valve bodie trans break 400o conveter .new super stock springs ,ce shocke in rear kyb up front all new break lines new font end,it runs on 15x 10 in the rear on centerlines and 14 8 up front for that 70,s look,the car is in the body shop now getting all the 35 years of bumps and dings out of it and is going to get a new coat from HOK plum shimering purple with billboards on the side stating 440,i know? its not a challenger,but why not? new go wing chin spoiler up front.
soon as we got here i found the same car 74 space duster that came from the factory with buckets and a 3 speed, bought the whole car for a hundred bucks and robed the needed parts to compleet mine to have the facto look of buckets with console and correct sterring column.
here it is as it was and one of it under works.thanks for looking

Last edited by 440 trucknduster; 04/09/09 06:13 PM.
Re: our 74 space duster [Re: 440 trucknduster] #282874
04/10/09 12:04 AM
04/10/09 12:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To bad that tunnel ram has only one carb two is always better in my book. Car looks nice though.