phx
M
metalgod Offline
top fuel
metalgod  Offline
top fuel
M

phx
the blower motor on a non a/c b body is on the inside of the passenger compartment, is your car a/c equipped? i have heard alot about the header troubles with the schumacher mounts? i used the arruzza mounts in a hemi e body swap and the 2 1/8 ttis practicall fell into place from underneath, no clearnce problem no sterring linkage problems, my car has power sterring with no problems, wonder what the deal with the schmaucher mounts is? i wouldnt want the motro any higher than it already is and the stock location was designed for a purpose, interesting to stay the least, good luck

Re: HEMI engine swap tech help [Re: dart_sportsatellite] #28212
06/26/06 09:50 PM
06/26/06 09:50 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

dart_sportsatellite,
Do you mind if I ask what hemi you used? Was it a crate or custom built?
Bob

Re: HEMI engine swap tech help #28213
06/27/06 08:44 AM
06/27/06 08:44 AM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
hi
as other people have said the big tube headers are 2 1/4". my motor is a custom build one. maybe to give you inspiration on low dollar build i purchased everything for my motor USED over a 3 year span. the only new stuff i bought was gaskets, rings and bearings. i built the whole motor including the headers, mounts and carb for less than $2000.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: HEMI engine swap tech help #28214
06/27/06 05:47 PM
06/27/06 05:47 PM
twin cities
D
dart_sportsatellite Offline
super stock
dart_sportsatellite  Offline
super stock
D

twin cities
Quote:

dart_sportsatellite,
Do you mind if I ask what hemi you used? Was it a crate or custom built?
Bob

I guess you could say custom built, using my heads and some other odds and ends I had, I went to Lofgren Automotive Specialties, and ended up with the short block he used in the engine challenge. As for the Schumacher mounts, they mean it when they say trim the pad on the K frame to match the motor mount(driver's side). Oops, that's the wiper motor behind the carb, isn't it. Looks like the power steering could have stayed, but it leaked anyway, so...out it went. It's tight on the driver's side with the 2-1/8" tti headers, but it did fit after trimming the pad.

As for the engine being higher, maybe 1/4 inch.

Last edited by dart_sportsatellite; 06/27/06 05:48 PM.
Re: HEMI engine swap tech help #28215
06/27/06 08:05 PM
06/27/06 08:05 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I called Cummins today after finding out that they are the new manufacture of Chrysler's 426 crate Hemi. They have taken over the reproduction of the motor. I talked to the engineers involved with the project and told them of the bad flack that the crate motor was getting from the old time Hemi builders. I asked them about the honing of the cylinders without torque plates(Being Done), lifter valley clearances(insuring proper clearance), lack of valve guides in the cast cylinder heads(guides are part of the cylinder head casing then machined) and they assured me that they were aware of the problems that the past builders of this Hemi had done and have made any and all corrections to the Hemi. The said they knew of all the problems I addressed and that every bit of care and quality was going into the NEW Hemi as they put into there Cummins Diesel Motors. They said anyone buying a New Hemi was getting a quality motor not the old motor that had all the problems that we have talked about here. They sounded honest to me..Here is there phone number to judge for your self but I feel a little better: 1-800-387-0009 ext 846
Bob Jack

Last edited by cobratech; 06/28/06 09:37 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4