I've got a 70 Roadrunner convertible with manual windows & I'm having trouble adjusting the window down-stop on the rear quarter windows. Let me first say that this car has been SERIOUSLY disassembled, so I don't have much to compare against.

Anyway, I've identified & loosened the screw/nut for the oblong cam near the regulator that I'm told is the down-stop for manual window cars. I rolled the window down near the bottom, turned the cam in all different directions, lowered the window some more & repeated. I can see cam down in the quarter panel, but I cannot see anything for it to contact and create the lower stop. The window is now all the way down (off tracks slightly) & I can spin that cam in any direction and it doesn't touch anything.

1. What does the cam actually hit on/near the regulator?

2. Is it possible that I've got the whole regulator mechanism down so low in the quarter panel that the down-stop can't be adjusted? (this window's regulator is at the bottom of the adjustment stops & a nut was missing, which is why I ask).

3. Any other tips/info. that any of you have that will help?

4. Had a thought....I seem to recall that the "gear where window crank attaches" is separate from the rest of the window regulator, right? (I recall replacing just this part on my driver door many years ago). Is it possible this window mechanism is installed so that the "crank's gear" and the "long arc gear"'s teeth are off? I mean "clocked" wrong so that the "long arc gear" doesn't reach the end of it's travel downwards (so whatever is supposed to hit the cam never makes it that far)? Say, if the window mechanism is so low in the quarter panel that the window itself bottoms out before the down=stop (wherever it is) hits the adjustable cam? Possible?
THANKS EVERYONE!

Last edited by PurpleBeeper; 11/05/18 10:53 PM.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"