Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: 70sixpkrt] #2487908
04/25/18 07:14 PM
04/25/18 07:14 PM

M
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By 70sixpkRT
What was the problem? I just read a little higher and I see it was the Bearings.

Yessir.
Those who guessed "bearings" step forward and claim your prize!

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: SomeCarGuy] #2487914
04/25/18 07:24 PM
04/25/18 07:24 PM

M
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By SomeCarGuy
I’ve seen these threads with similar answers for years and years. Had my own go that way. No reason to throw your hands up. Wasn’t even a big deal what was said anyway. If you want to quit over that, I’d say we just watched the weak get killed and eaten. And this isn’t even the Bullet!

It's one thing to be irrelevant in posting on forums; it's quite another to be a horses' ass just for the attention whoring.
That sort of childish, immature schoolyard nonsense neither serves to amuse nor does it offer anything of use to the conversation.
A lot of folks just blow it off when someone shows their ignorance like that, which leads ultimately to some extent to the degradation of society as a whole; we become more and more desensitized and we're less and less apt to be decent to one another.
I'm the kind that confronts it.
Have been for many a decade now.

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: ] #2488032
04/26/18 12:06 AM
04/26/18 12:06 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Good luck with that. You should buy some rental property and set the fools straight there too!

I want my fair share
Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: ] #2488207
04/26/18 12:32 PM
04/26/18 12:32 PM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted By moparedtn
What was the problem? I just read a little higher and I see it was the Bearings.

Yessir.

Did your shop give you the old bearings? I would REALLY be interested in an inspection of the defective bearing. I am still struggling with the bearing being the culprit even though it now seems to be obvious.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: 6PakBee] #2488253
04/26/18 01:53 PM
04/26/18 01:53 PM
Wheatfield, NY
Cuda340 Offline
top fuel
Cuda340  Offline
top fuel

Wheatfield, NY
Originally Posted By 6PakBee

Yessir.

Did your shop give you the old bearings? I would REALLY be interested in an inspection of the defective bearing. I am still struggling with the bearing being the culprit even though it now seems to be obvious.

I am interested in seeing the bearing as well.

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: Cuda340] #2488265
04/26/18 02:17 PM
04/26/18 02:17 PM
God's Country Maryland
GODSCOUNTRY340 Offline
top fuel
GODSCOUNTRY340  Offline
top fuel

God's Country Maryland
Originally Posted By Cuda340

Yessir.

I am interested in seeing the bearing as well.

It may have had a bad bearing, but my bet is the bearing was causing a vibration causing something else to make that buzzing sound. I've never heard a bearing sound like that either.

I love the smell of Deer guts in the morning, it smells like... VICTORY!
Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: ] #2488337
04/26/18 04:42 PM
04/26/18 04:42 PM
P
Porter67 Offline
master
Porter67  Offline
master
P

So who we dealing with here, John Wayne, or Johnny Rambo?

Bad seeds and Have been for many a decade now. Whats with the cheesy movie lines?

Whats next, a line from a Hank Williams Jr song?

Come on, go toss your box of old vhs tapes, cassettes in the dumpster and get out and live a little and LOOSEN UP while your at it.

But glad ya got your car fixed, now we can all sleep better at night.

Originally Posted By SomeCarGuy
I’ve seen these threads with similar answers for years and years. Had my own go that way. No reason to throw your hands up. Wasn’t even a big deal what was said anyway. If you want to quit over that, I’d say we just watched the weak get killed and eaten. And this isn’t even the Bullet!

It's one thing to be irrelevant in posting on forums; it's quite another to be a horses' ass just for the attention whoring.
That sort of childish, immature schoolyard nonsense neither serves to amuse nor does it offer anything of use to the conversation.
A lot of folks just blow it off when someone shows their ignorance like that, which leads ultimately to some extent to the degradation of society as a whole; we become more and more desensitized and we're less and less apt to be decent to one another.
I'm the kind that confronts it.
Have been for many a decade now.

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: Porter67] #2488342
04/26/18 04:49 PM
04/26/18 04:49 PM
Northeast MA
Charger446 Offline
enthusiast
Charger446  Offline
enthusiast

Northeast MA
what movie lines did he quote? Johnny Rambo? must have missed that one shruggy

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: 6PakBee] #2488871
04/27/18 11:23 PM
04/27/18 11:23 PM

M
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
M

Yessir.

Keep in mind, I was there for the whole re-installation of the unit and did some of it myself.
I had the bearings in my hands at one point, then tossed them out.
The rear one was fairly rough; I played with it for a while.
Again, I defer to the knowledge of the transmission guy - and the trip home was uneventful, too.

The car will get an extended drive this weekend. We'll see.

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: Charger446] #2488878
04/27/18 11:31 PM
04/27/18 11:31 PM

M
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By Charger446
what movie lines did he quote? Johnny Rambo? must have missed that one shruggy

Me too, since I didn't.
Never liked the Rambo movies much, either. up

Re: Can anyone confidently identify this noise? A833 4 speed [Re: GODSCOUNTRY340] #2488882
04/27/18 11:38 PM
04/27/18 11:38 PM

M
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
moparedtn OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By GODSCOUNTRY340

It may have had a bad bearing, but my bet is the bearing was causing a vibration causing something else to make that buzzing sound. I've never heard a bearing sound like that either.

I happen to concur.
The theory developed on the scene was that the roughness of the rear bearing caused it some manner of "galling" (for lack of a better descriptor) at speeds above 45 or so - and that when this galling occurred, something else (likely the shifter adapter plate we found slightly loose) or some such commenced to vibrating and making the buzzing sound.
Whatever it was, it was totally gone on the drive home and the transmission shifted as beautifully as it ever had.
We'll see with longer drives...

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7