Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2466062 - 03/13/18 08:22 PM Ladies of Moparts...
ruderunner Offline

Loc: ohio
While I don't expect a lot of women on this site, I would have expected a few more to comment in some recent threads. Namely the relationship thread and the car show girls thread.

Where are you? I'd really like to hear the other side of the story.

#2466069 - 03/13/18 08:38 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer

Loc: Moredoor, PA
I know a fair number of Mopar ladies.

Some post, but never mention they are girls.

Many of them rarely post, regardless of forum.

I have been told stories about some men here & on other forums & what they send to females I know.

Some men have messaged photos to them that are very inappropriate, questions too. Low life types have no respect for women.

It is very sad.

#2466077 - 03/13/18 08:47 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: Alaskan_TA]
64Post Offline
master

Loc: Baltimore/Denver
Lemme see...

well...

there's Chally Girl whistling laugh

#2466196 - 03/14/18 12:40 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: Alaskan_TA]
Morty426 Offline
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA

I have been told stories about some men here & on other forums & what they send to females I know.

Some men have messaged photos to them that are very inappropriate, questions too. Low life types have no respect for women.

It is very sad.

WTH?

Really?

I thought as Mopar owners we were above that. Chevy guys I can understand, they are limp

#2466218 - 03/14/18 02:06 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: Morty426]
Pale_Roader Offline
Swears too much

Loc: the frozen wastes...
Originally Posted By Morty426

It is very sad.

WTH?

Really?

I thought as Mopar owners we were above that. Chevy guys I can understand, they are limp

People here aren't any better than any other forum, car or not, i've been on. Anonymity spawns the worst behavior in people, no matter the medium. The above sadly doesn't shock me at all. And why would Mopar guys be better? If anything, stereotypically, they are even more hillbilly than the rest. And while we're at it, Chevy guys are 'common' and simple, import guys are... well, import BOYS are immature, exotic or fancy car guys are elitist, blah blah...

Forums are only as good as their moderation, and (stupid censorship aside) i think this one does pretty well. Its a fine line between a free-for-all... which drives away a lot ov good members, and a nazi power trip, which does the same. Its a hard balance. I've admin'd a big forum before, it can be a lot ov work.

Ironically, i think, one ov the worst forums i've ever been a part ov was a big 'educated' forum, predominantly university types. Jesus... was a horror show. 'Social justice' has taken the very worst aspects ov political correctness, and supercharged it.

I think the ratio is about right here. Not many girls, but then, not many girls in the hobby either. I'd love to see more. hell... i'd love to see more ov ANYBODY in the car hobby these days...

#2466221 - 03/14/18 02:27 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
Guitar Jones Offline
I Live Here

Loc: in a cattle trailer down by th...
From the amount of animosity shown towards women on this site those are exactly the threads I would expect them to avoid.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi!

#2466238 - 03/14/18 05:59 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
ruderunner Offline

Jones, those are the types of threads I'd expect them to join. Tell us what you think.

Otoh, if what ta says is true.... Wow really guys.

#2466263 - 03/14/18 08:50 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: Pale_Roader]
pushbutton Offline
pro stock

Loc: tennessee
Originally Posted By Pale_Roader

It is very sad.

WTH?

Really?

People here aren't any better than any other forum, car or not, i've been on. Anonymity spawns the worst behavior in people, no matter the medium. The above sadly doesn't shock me at all. And why would Mopar guys be better? If anything, stereotypically, they are even more hillbilly than the rest. And while we're at it, Chevy guys are 'common' and simple, import guys are... well, import BOYS are immature, exotic or fancy car guys are elitist, blah blah...

Forums are only as good as their moderation, and (stupid censorship aside) i think this one does pretty well. Its a fine line between a free-for-all... which drives away a lot ov good members, and a nazi power trip, which does the same. Its a hard balance. I've admin'd a big forum before, it can be a lot ov work.

Ironically, i think, one ov the worst forums i've ever been a part ov was a big 'educated' forum, predominantly university types. Jesus... was a horror show. 'Social justice' has taken the very worst aspects ov political correctness, and supercharged it.

I think the ratio is about right here. Not many girls, but then, not many girls in the hobby either. I'd love to see more. hell... i'd love to see more ov ANYBODY in the car hobby these days...

Proud to say i'm a MOPAR man and a HILLBILLY.

#2466266 - 03/14/18 08:58 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
NewbombTurkk Offline
master

Loc: West Virginia
I don't know when they would find the time to post on here, in between the kitchen and cleaning???

DartGirl?

Now 1972 El Camino, original 402

#2466284 - 03/14/18 09:33 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
coronetgirl Offline
Rotten to the core

Loc: Somewhere I Belong
I visit the site when I am not working. I rarely comment anymore as I tend to offend a lot of people and get in trouble. I communicate regularly with a few very good friends via PM.

#2466286 - 03/14/18 09:36 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: NewbombTurkk]
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Mass
Originally Posted By NewbombTurkk
I don't know when they would find the time to post on here, in between the kitchen and cleaning???

DartGirl?

Eve passed away a few years ago due to illness...

#2466288 - 03/14/18 09:40 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: pushbutton]
justinp61 Offline
master

Loc: W. Kentucky
Originally Posted By pushbutton
Originally Posted By Pale_Roader

It is very sad.

WTH?

Really?

Proud to say i'm a MOPAR man and a HILLBILLY.

Hillbilly here too, happily married and have never sent any message to females on the boards I visit.

All women aren't saints, just like men. As mentioned get a group of women together and they will make a sailor blush.

#2466322 - 03/14/18 10:58 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here

Loc: md
Here... There....There are crappy people everywhere.

#2466407 - 03/14/18 01:13 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: justinp61]
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer

Loc: -
Originally Posted By justinp61
get a group of women together and they will make a sailor blush.

That's a fact...

Add alcohol, even better...

(Male/Female 'equality'???

Testosterone and estrogen, when mixed, is beyond explosive...

#2466499 - 03/14/18 03:43 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: Morty426]
feets Offline
Senior Management

Loc: Irving, TX

It is very sad.

WTH?

Really?

Look at how many views this thread has.

How many of them opened it because the title contained the word ladies?

#2466518 - 03/14/18 04:21 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
krautrock Offline
top fuel

Loc: central texas
given the posts in this short thread here, i wouldn't out myself if i were a lady. it's not a surprise at all to see that no women post here. enjoy the sausage fest guys.

#2466530 - 03/14/18 04:28 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: RSNOMO]
Superfreak Offline
master

Loc: the great wet north
If you ever get the chance to see and hear a half dozen of older Hungarian women sitting around chin wagging after a few drinks.....my oh my...Nasty!

#2466588 - 03/14/18 06:33 PM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: ruderunner]
ruderunner Offline

Oh you've met my grandmother?

#2466850 - 03/15/18 10:11 AM Re: Ladies of Moparts... [Re: 64Post]
ChallyGirl Offline
ChallyGuy

Loc: Challyville
Originally Posted By 64Post
Lemme see...

well...

there's Chally Girl whistling laugh