Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2463180 - 03/08/18 02:11 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: crackedback]
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master

Loc: jersey
Originally Posted By crackedback
Good god I hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of writers at HR from now on.

"The difference in engine displacement for the 318cid, 340cid and 360cid engines is not in the bore or stroke but in the piston height. The piston in the 360cid engine is the smallest and also the lightest of the three allowing for more displacement overall. In addition, these use a press-fit piston pin as opposed to the floating piston design used in the other LA-engines."

Dumb as a box of rocks and the rocks want their box back!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/big-power-small-packages-360cid-mopar-small-block/

Cam Benty - what a name for a guy that writes this stuff. I guess "Wrong Info" was taken and where are the editors/proof people on these things. Jeez.

Cameron Benty has been writing articles since at least the early 90’s. He was even editor of Car Craft.

#2463204 - 03/08/18 02:59 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Spaceman Spiff]
crackedback Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Good god I hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of writers at HR from now on.

"The difference in engine displacement for the 318cid, 340cid and 360cid engines is not in the bore or stroke but in the piston height. The piston in the 360cid engine is the smallest and also the lightest of the three allowing for more displacement overall. In addition, these use a press-fit piston pin as opposed to the floating piston design used in the other LA-engines."

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/big-power-small-packages-360cid-mopar-small-block/

Cam Benty - what a name for a guy that writes this stuff. I guess "Wrong Info" was taken and where are the editors/proof people on these things. Jeez.

Cameron Benty has been writing articles since at least the early 90’s. He was even editor of Car Craft.

Yeah that softens the blow, not at all.

So much worse that he's been around as long as he has.

#2463206 - 03/08/18 03:01 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: crackedback]
Dcuda69 Offline
master

Loc: WI

Holy crap! Someone actually wrote that,does someone proof read that? Then it actually gets published? That whole bore x bore x stroke formula was apparently wrong...it's all about piston height. Not feeling bad about cancelling my subscription a long while back.....not at all.

Edited by Dcuda69 (03/08/18 03:04 PM)

#2463241 - 03/08/18 03:43 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Spaceman Spiff]
6PakBee Offline
master

Loc: North Dakota
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
I've tried to give the show a chance but..... Reminds me of watching two teenagers 40 years ago cobbling together an Olds 394 into a '50 Chevy. No skill, no class, no finesse. I mean really, leaf blowers for superchargers??? I'll go back to Fantomworks.

You mean the show where the owner thinks proper braking is all 4 wheels locking up?

I'm not going to defend Fantomworks as being always correct. Worm style hose clamps and Dorman bolts are not my idea of 'restoration' hardware. But IMHO it's still better than RoadKill.

#2463530 - 03/08/18 11:01 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
SomeCarGuy Offline
master

Loc: Someplace you aren't
I thought Cam did popular hot rodding? No wonder that one failed.

The whole hobby is doomed if the main publication for it prints something that obtuse!

#2465054 - 03/11/18 11:42 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
RoadRunnerLuva Online   tonguue
master

Loc: Ball of Confusion
Originally Posted By Devil
Originally Posted By hosehead
Originally Posted By dart4forte
Originally Posted By hosehead
It's not really roadkills fault. Discovery bought mtod fired a bunch,of people and cut budgets. Then they crammed all their bogus shows on mtod. Subscriptions are now up because people who like ass monkey and that ilk can pay five bucks a month to see all those silly shows without paying for cable.
Pretty smart business move actually. Just sucks for the fans of all the roadkill type shows. They've already dropped house of muscle. We'll see what else they do.
I work in the tv biz. Pretty standard stuff unfortunately.

So, did Elena cut ties with hotrod totally? I like her small writeups in the HR rag

She told me that they(discovery) reduced her job to sitting at a desk doing social media so, she decided to leave. I know all the roadkill people are super bummed that she's gone but discovery channel holds the cards. I am confident she'll be around in some capacity. I know she is very popular with the roadkill fans. I watched her sign autographs for hours at the Tucson zip tie drags.
If discovery has half a brain they'll bring her back in some capacity. twocents

There is a bunch more then that involved. But yeah, with Roadkill Magazine dead, she got stuck. Actually Discovery was going to let her go when the magazine died.

Unfortunately everyone I worked with when I started with Hot Rod has now either left the company or moved into other fields in the company. It's sad to see it happen. Elana was the last one.

I call corporate B/S and that's what it is too...B/S! I miss
Elana, she was cool!

1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham...400ci Big Block (SOLD)
1972 Plymouth Duster...418 ci Stroker Small Block
1971 Plymouth Duster...360 4bbl (SOLD)
1970 Dodge Challenger...340 4bbl (SOLD)
1969 Dodge Dart...440 Big Block (SOLD)
1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible...440 Big Block (SOLD)
1968 Dodge Dart Custom...318 4bbl (SOLD)
1998 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9 Magnum
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0

#2465307 - 03/12/18 03:30 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
lilcuda Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Northern California
Just started watching this a while back when they started showing them on Velocity. The earlier ones with Freiburger on them are cool, the one I watched this weekend where they pulled a 76 El Camino out of a barn to go racing was sorely disappointing. No Freiburger (although I like Finnegan). The new guy wasn't that great (Tony something). Plus they started doing the thing that I HATE about car shows. Some idiotic producer thinks that people want to hear some third-rate cheezy rock music over the sound of the cars. Those producers should be drawn and quartered.

#2465341 - 03/12/18 04:39 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
5thAve Offline
master

Loc: Posts: 4034 - Register...
I've been watching roadkill since near the beginning. I liked the older episodes better where it was doing something on the cheap and having fun. The later episodes get into spending some serious money on stuff or plain doing stupid things with beater cars. But still worth watching over the other junk that's out there. Hot Rod garage is good too. Both are on the top of the list of youtube stuff I regularely watch.

#2465355 - 03/12/18 05:09 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Silver70 Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Rust Belt, SW PA
Friedburger is pretty much in every episode except a few. Hot rod garage is the on Tony and Lucky do now. Originally Frieburger did that one too. My favorite is Roadkill garage, Frieburger and Dulich, I like them as a pair way more than Finnegan.

The one episode I didn't like much was where they took the hellcats and a viper and basically tried to destroy them. I know they were test/crush cars, but still painful to watch.

#2465504 - 03/12/18 08:47 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Silver70]
Bad340fish Offline
master

Loc: Tulsa OK
Originally Posted By Silver70
Friedburger is pretty much in every episode except a few. Hot rod garage is the on Tony and Lucky do now. Originally Frieburger did that one too. My favorite is Roadkill garage, Frieburger and Dulich, I like them as a pair way more than Finnegan.

The one episode I didn't like much was where they took the hellcats and a viper and basically tried to destroy them. I know they were test/crush cars, but still painful to watch.

They were not crush cars, they all ended up in the TEN fleet. Elana drive the viper for a few months I believe and had a good write up on it. The Charger turned into "General Maintenance" and the Challenger ended up in the fleet somewhere, Freiburger drove it on one lap of america. So as bad as they thrashed them, they cleaned them up and put them back to work lol.

I think Tony will be in more and more episodes, he isn't bad and he works well with Finnegan it seems.

Edited by Bad340fish (03/12/18 08:48 PM)

#2466237 - 03/14/18 05:58 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
titan Offline

Loc: central Florida
started watching show after seeing the thread on you tube. I figured they are on a time crunch & just cut corners & their antics are " just for the audience" BUT, watched the Crusher Camaro at PRI show and it was tough! they absolutely appeared to be Clueless.

#2466287 - 03/14/18 09:37 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: titan]
Bad340fish Offline
master

Loc: Tulsa OK
Originally Posted By titan
started watching show after seeing the thread on you tube. I figured they are on a time crunch & just cut corners & their antics are " just for the audience" BUT, watched the Crusher Camaro at PRI show and it was tough! they absolutely appeared to be Clueless.

I would probably look pretty clueless also. If I had to do a motor swap from a blown rat to an EFI LS in the middle of a trade show I could imagine some challenges coming from that lol. They did drive it to California the episode after that if I remember right.

#2467707 - 03/17/18 10:38 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
Cooter Offline
top fuel

Loc: Chicagoland
Originally Posted By Devil
Originally Posted By RamblerMan
Originally Posted By moparpollack

I guess you have a good mechanical record, me I Roadkill a lot. Just look at how many cars you listed and imagine what it takes to maintain them. I wouldn't call them inept more like Murphy's law hits more often as the amount of vehicles increase. twocents

Actually, I have a terrible record. BUT, I learn from my mistakes. I know damn well if it possibly can bite me in the ass; it will bite me in the ass!

That's why I cover my bases. Having said that, I'm sure my budget is a fraction of Roadkill's budget! grin

And, on the topic of the Disgustang, yeah, I would acknowledge that it's motor was probably not long for the world and completely untested. But I certainly would not have taken it out to do donuts. And then miraculously, here's a rebuilt, tested, dyno'd Ford small block?? Nah. That was planned.

I've Roadkill'd before myself. But I did about an hour's worth of planning and things went down with only minor Glycerine Poisoning. :lol:

They have engines lying everywhere. It did legit go down like you saw. No setup or anything. The car ran pretty good, just smoked a little. No way to forsee it locking up like it did.

I've heard rumors that oil pressure guages are pretty cheap and easy to install these days...

#2467781 - 03/17/18 02:42 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
rapom Offline
top fuel

Loc: Northern OH
Another vote for Roadkill garage being better than roadkill. Frieburger and Dulich seem to have better chemistry.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
25,352 Registered Members
32 Forums
190,349 Topics
2,220,926 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Fuel Leak
by GTX4spd