Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2462066 - 03/06/18 01:45 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Bad340fish]
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events

Loc: NJ
Great cars and pics thanks Ryan!
OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS. 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS,,1970 DODGE ADVENTURER 383,4SPD,DANA TRUCK, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!

#2462076 - 03/06/18 02:08 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog and Pictures

www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2462131 - 03/06/18 03:49 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: hosehead]
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Mesa, Arizona
Originally Posted By hosehead
It's not really roadkills fault. Discovery bought mtod fired a bunch,of people and cut budgets. Then they crammed all their bogus shows on mtod. Subscriptions are now up because people who like ass monkey and that ilk can pay five bucks a month to see all those silly shows without paying for cable.
Pretty smart business move actually. Just sucks for the fans of all the roadkill type shows. They've already dropped house of muscle. We'll see what else they do.
I work in the tv biz. Pretty standard stuff unfortunately.

So, did Elena cut ties with hotrod totally? I like her small writeups in the HR rag

#2462136 - 03/06/18 03:53 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Mesa, Arizona

#2462146 - 03/06/18 04:10 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: moparpollack]
RamblerMan Offline
master

Loc: Castlegar, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By moparpollack

I guess you have a good mechanical record, me I Roadkill a lot. Just look at how many cars you listed and imagine what it takes to maintain them. I wouldn't call them inept more like Murphy's law hits more often as the amount of vehicles increase. twocents

Actually, I have a terrible record. BUT, I learn from my mistakes. I know damn well if it possibly can bite me in the ass; it will bite me in the ass!

That's why I cover my bases. Having said that, I'm sure my budget is a fraction of Roadkill's budget! grin

And, on the topic of the Disgustang, yeah, I would acknowledge that it's motor was probably not long for the world and completely untested. But I certainly would not have taken it out to do donuts. And then miraculously, here's a rebuilt, tested, dyno'd Ford small block?? Nah. That was planned.

I've Roadkill'd before myself. But I did about an hour's worth of planning and things went down with only minor Glycerine Poisoning. :lol:

Attachments
dscf2088.jpg

Edited by RamblerMan (03/06/18 04:11 PM)

#2462281 - 03/06/18 07:36 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: RamblerMan]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Originally Posted By RamblerMan
Originally Posted By moparpollack

I guess you have a good mechanical record, me I Roadkill a lot. Just look at how many cars you listed and imagine what it takes to maintain them. I wouldn't call them inept more like Murphy's law hits more often as the amount of vehicles increase. twocents

Actually, I have a terrible record. BUT, I learn from my mistakes. I know damn well if it possibly can bite me in the ass; it will bite me in the ass!

That's why I cover my bases. Having said that, I'm sure my budget is a fraction of Roadkill's budget! grin

And, on the topic of the Disgustang, yeah, I would acknowledge that it's motor was probably not long for the world and completely untested. But I certainly would not have taken it out to do donuts. And then miraculously, here's a rebuilt, tested, dyno'd Ford small block?? Nah. That was planned.

I've Roadkill'd before myself. But I did about an hour's worth of planning and things went down with only minor Glycerine Poisoning. :lol:

They have engines lying everywhere. It did legit go down like you saw. No setup or anything. The car ran pretty good, just smoked a little. No way to forsee it locking up like it did.

Elana has gone freelance. She had recently been head editor at Roadkill Magazine and the Roadkill website. Both of which have recently been killed. She might still do the blurb in Hot Rod, like I do. But there are a lot of changes going on at Hot Rod right now. So we shall see.

www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2462357 - 03/06/18 09:14 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Dcuda69 Offline
master

Loc: WI
Watched 2 more episodes today...still on the fence.

Motorhome/Charger build. Really? The only place to grab a running 440 is to buy a whole beat up motorhome and then have no plan what to do with the rest of it? Cut it up and put it in a dumpster? The 440 was banging threw the carb in MH and still doing it in the Charger(my guess is it was lean or late timing)All that work to swap it but not an effort to make it run right? Didn't get the converter into the trans right and tore up the pump gears...1st time at this? Stuck the trans dipstick in with RTV but not the bell bolt through the bracket to hold it in and it comes out on the freeway...really? You expected RTV to hold that in?

Next up..the Hemi/55. MUCH,MUCH MUCH better episode. Good coverage on the build with less antics.The end product showed the effort. Great car!

I'll likely watch a few more and I like the theme of the show. F and F are entertaining for sure but some of this is realcrazy

#2462366 - 03/06/18 09:32 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: dart4forte]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Loc: Pasadena, california
Originally Posted By dart4forte
It's not really roadkills fault. Discovery bought mtod fired a bunch,of people and cut budgets. Then they crammed all their bogus shows on mtod. Subscriptions are now up because people who like ass monkey and that ilk can pay five bucks a month to see all those silly shows without paying for cable.
Pretty smart business move actually. Just sucks for the fans of all the roadkill type shows. They've already dropped house of muscle. We'll see what else they do.

So, did Elena cut ties with hotrod totally? I like her small writeups in the HR rag

She told me that they(discovery) reduced her job to sitting at a desk doing social media so, she decided to leave. I know all the roadkill people are super bummed that she's gone but discovery channel holds the cards. I am confident she'll be around in some capacity. I know she is very popular with the roadkill fans. I watched her sign autographs for hours at the Tucson zip tie drags.
If discovery has half a brain they'll bring her back in some capacity. twocents

#2462386 - 03/06/18 10:28 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: hosehead]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Originally Posted By dart4forte

She told me that they(discovery) reduced her job to sitting at a desk doing social media so, she decided to leave. I know all the roadkill people are super bummed that she's gone but discovery channel holds the cards. I am confident she'll be around in some capacity. I know she is very popular with the roadkill fans. I watched her sign autographs for hours at the Tucson zip tie drags.
If discovery has half a brain they'll bring her back in some capacity. twocents

There is a bunch more then that involved. But yeah, with Roadkill Magazine dead, she got stuck. Actually Discovery was going to let her go when the magazine died.

Unfortunately everyone I worked with when I started with Hot Rod has now either left the company or moved into other fields in the company. It's sad to see it happen. Elana was the last one.

www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2462418 - 03/07/18 12:10 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
RamblerMan Offline
master

Loc: Castlegar, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By Devil
The car ran pretty good, just smoked a little. No way to forsee it locking up like it did.

hahaha, really?? I saw that coming a mile away. Maybe I should play the lottery more often.

It's almost like playing the Walking Dead Drinking Game: Think of the worst possible thing that can happen, and that will happen.

I'll concede that it may not be setup, but it's gotten very predictable. Any adult knows that you don't take a junkyard fresh, untested motor and blast it at full throttle and do donuts starving it for oil. Ray Charles' Ghost was sitting next to me while watching that episode and HE saw that coming.

Quite frankly, with the knowledge that Freiburger and Finnegan have, they should know better, too.

#2462471 - 03/07/18 08:07 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
JAMESDART Offline
mopar

Loc: nj
of coarse they know better, but they still try. Makes it interesting to me. my favorite is the 440 duster. Crop duster or whatever they named it. The end result was my favorite kind of build. When I was growing up that's the kind of stuff people i knew were building.

#2462481 - 03/07/18 08:28 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: JAMESDART]
DaveRS23 Offline
master

Loc: Benton, IL.
They do some interesting stuff. But they just tear up and destroy too much for my taste.

#2462567 - 03/07/18 11:12 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Magnumguy Offline
master

Loc: S.E.Ohio
R Kill and GYC are what I watch, the Garage Squad is good.

Take these shows for what they're worth, they are not instruction TV. It's entertainment. 2 shows that have Mopar connections and content. Beggars can't be choosers.

Is there an Eric Rood or Root on the show any? I bought some parts from him as they'd bought a Magnum for 24 hours of Lemons, but it was too far gone. Good guy to deal with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146952895354657/

#2462579 - 03/07/18 11:33 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Magnumguy]
56_Royal_Lancer Offline
My Mouth Is Shut II

Loc: The Center of Ohio
FWIW the Road Kill Dirt Track Challenger just about killed me. A semi brought it to the Mopar Nats about a week before the event. Well, there was no one there but me to help unload it and naturally it was on the top rack of the semi. With no brakes.I stood on the endgate of the semi as the truck driver and I pushed it out. Did I mention no brakes? it comes rolling out and gains speed at the last second the truck driver throws a wedge under the tire to keep it from falling off the endgate that is 8' in the air. Meanwhile I am hanging onto the driprail by my fingertips and barely have my toes on the edge of the ramp. Damn near pushed me off the endgate to the asphalt below and I could envision that POS Challenger landing on top of me. I'm cussing and screaming at the truck driver, felt like it took an eternity for that endgate to lower the car and me to the ground.
Ahh...good times

#2462625 - 03/07/18 01:05 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

They have pulled worse out of junkyards and driven them a lot further. Junkyard Barracuda, Earl-Camino, Dirt-Track Challenger, Pig Pen 50 GMC (Had bent in half exhaust pipe, but ran fine).

Eric Rood was only on screen in the episode with the Missing-Linc where they did the Lemons Escape from Moscow. He's associated with the LeMons series and did some writing for Roadkill Magazine. He's a good guy who lives here in Chicago.

www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2463089 - 03/08/18 11:02 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
6PakBee Offline
master

Loc: North Dakota
I've tried to give the show a chance but..... Reminds me of watching two teenagers 40 years ago cobbling together an Olds 394 into a '50 Chevy. No skill, no class, no finesse. I mean really, leaf blowers for superchargers??? I'll go back to Fantomworks.

#2463103 - 03/08/18 11:36 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: 6PakBee]
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master

Loc: jersey
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
I've tried to give the show a chance but..... Reminds me of watching two teenagers 40 years ago cobbling together an Olds 394 into a '50 Chevy. No skill, no class, no finesse. I mean really, leaf blowers for superchargers??? I'll go back to Fantomworks.

You mean the show where the owner thinks proper braking is all 4 wheels locking up?

#2463112 - 03/08/18 11:59 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
crackedback Offline

Loc: CA
Good god I hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of writers at HR from now on.

"The difference in engine displacement for the 318cid, 340cid and 360cid engines is not in the bore or stroke but in the piston height. The piston in the 360cid engine is the smallest and also the lightest of the three allowing for more displacement overall. In addition, these use a press-fit piston pin as opposed to the floating piston design used in the other LA-engines."

Dumb as a box of rocks and the rocks want their box back!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/big-power-small-packages-360cid-mopar-small-block/

Cam Benty - what a name for a guy that writes this stuff. I guess "Wrong Info" was taken and where are the editors/proof people on these things. Jeez.

#2463115 - 03/08/18 12:04 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: crackedback]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Originally Posted By crackedback
Good god I hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence of writers at HR from now on.

"The difference in engine displacement for the 318cid, 340cid and 360cid engines is not in the bore or stroke but in the piston height. The piston in the 360cid engine is the smallest and also the lightest of the three allowing for more displacement overall. In addition, these use a press-fit piston pin as opposed to the floating piston design used in the other LA-engines."

Dumb as a box of rocks and the rocks want their box back!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/big-power-small-packages-360cid-mopar-small-block/

Cam Benty - what a name for a guy that writes this stuff. I guess "Wrong Info" was taken and where are the editors/proof people on these things. Jeez.

Unfortunately all that stuff is now freelance. Heck, even the guys they are hiring are pretty dumb. The last people with passion and knowledge are being pushed out for cheaper, dumber individuals. Sound familiar?

www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2463128 - 03/08/18 12:25 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
crackedback Offline

Loc: CA
It's an embarrassment to the people publishing this garbage, freelance or not.

There are other nuggets of nonsense in that "article" (term used loosely).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
25,346 Registered Members
32 Forums
190,219 Topics
2,219,516 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
CARBON FIBER HOOD
by A/MP
06/22/18 12:22 AM
TUNING W2 HEADS
by A/MP
06/22/18 12:15 AM
727 clutch pressure plate gap newb question
by radar
06/22/18 12:01 AM
Dakota clip- who has done and retained the EFI?
by CrAzYMoPaRGuY
06/21/18 11:26 PM