Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2460387 - 03/03/18 07:35 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Bad340fish Offline
master

Loc: Tulsa OK
I love it, the MTOD is well worth the money even though it is getting polluted with the velocity stuff. I really like "Chasing Classic Cars" and I have enjoyed that being available on MTOD but that is the only velocity add on I have watched and it will likely stay that way.

According to Frieburger he will do everything in his power to keep roadkill real. I really hated to see Elana go, she was great with roadkill and when she did stuff for Hot Rod.

#2460391 - 03/03/18 07:50 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Bad340fish]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Loc: Pasadena, california
Originally Posted By Bad340fish
I love it, the MTOD is well worth the money even though it is getting polluted with the velocity stuff. I really like "Chasing Classic Cars" and I have enjoyed that being available on MTOD but that is the only velocity add on I have watched and it will likely stay that way.

According to Frieburger he will do everything in his power to keep roadkill real. I really hated to see Elana go, she was great with roadkill and when she did stuff for Hot Rod.

Agreed, Elana has been a friend of mine for twenty years and was a great part of roadkill. I went to the zip tie drags in January with her and her husband and got to hang out with freiburger, finnegan, dulcich, etc. They really put on a fun event and were super bummed about her leaving. I think there is talk of her doing freelance stuff here and there as she is quite popular with the roadkill fans.

#2460392 - 03/03/18 07:54 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Bad340fish Offline
master

Yes I think she has enough of a following now that she will do great Freelance. My Dad and I normally bump in to her on a Drag Week. The two times my car has made it into Hot rod for drag week coverage she has written it.

#2460394 - 03/03/18 07:59 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Bad340fish]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
Yes I think she has enough of a following now that she will do great Freelance. My Dad and I normally bump in to her on a Drag Week. The two times my car has made it into Hot rod for drag week coverage she has written it.

Very cool! Glad you got to work with her. Like I said, she is good people! From one Tulsan to another! laugh2

#2460413 - 03/03/18 09:11 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
JAMESDART Offline
mopar

Loc: nj
I've been watching RK and dirt every day, on YouTube for years. I don't I is if it's my internet or what but the quality is terrible. Much better on tv now even though it seems like all the old shows, I'm still watching it on tv.

#2461117 - 03/04/18 05:41 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
LOL. Love reading comments. Glad you guys like the show.

Here we were tearing apart Blasphemi... again... a few episodes back.

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog and Pictures

www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2461162 - 03/04/18 06:56 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
RTSE4ME Offline
top fuel

Loc: MD
My favorite was the low rider episode with Stubby Bob a close second. I have a friend who likes watching car related shows who thinks Roadkill is stupid. I said to him... "Do you know how I know you are not a gear head?"

#2461248 - 03/04/18 09:21 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

Loc: Lost in Space
Originally Posted By rdrnr6970
It is a lot better then other car shows ive watched.We get it on the VELOCITY channel.

We watch it on Velocity too.

Kayse like watching it too. laugh2

It's hilarious to see them doing what a lot of people think about building but never do.

Yes, some of the ideas are idiotic but they are entertaining. laugh2

#2461397 - 03/05/18 08:32 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
rocksmopar Offline
mopar

Loc: Chicago
Roadkill is one of the best shows out there..
I hope they keep it going

Searching for an affordable E-Body

#2461466 - 03/05/18 10:52 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rocksmopar]
rdrnr6970 Offline
Your #1 source for current events

Loc: NJ
VERY,VERY COOL! drive
OWNER OF EVERYTHING FROM 1956 300 B,IMPERIAL,NEW YORKER HEMIS,AND NEW HEMI TRUCKS. 1969/70 ROADRUNNERS ,DARTS/CORONETS,,1970 DODGE ADVENTURER 383,4SPD,DANA TRUCK, NORTHEAST HEMI OWNERS ASSOCIATION.....WWW.PHANTASMCUDAS.COM....MOPAR FAMILY FOR 50 YEARS AND STILL GOING!MOPAR OWNER COAST TO COAST!!!!

#2461762 - 03/05/18 08:58 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
RamblerMan Offline
master

Loc: Castlegar, BC, Canada
I liked the show better in the old days.... but maybe familiarity breeds contempt? I really can't explain it.

I do have one question, though. Are Freiburger and Finnegan really that inept?

The Fury Lemons car.
The Disgustang.
The Rotsun.
Stubby Bob.
Finnegan's Firebird.
The Raunchero.
The Mazdaratti.
The Dirt Track Challenger.
The Draguar.
Their Bonneville Speed Car.
Even Blasphemi!

ALL these cars have at any point in the show failed catastrophically and repeatedly. Are these guys REALLY that hard on their toys? Are these all manufactured "failures" just to create drama within the show? Are these two guys really this inept?

They fail to plan things out ahead of time. They jerry-rig things that they know are going to fail (but pretend to hope for the best). They botch things completely yet decide against all better judgement to continue. The way Finnegan was hammering the shifter in the Rotsun, well, by golly - no wonder the poor thing broke!

Time after time, you can depend on some kind of failure. Even with the Disgustang.... "Hey, let's take an engine that has barely run in 30 years, go do full throttle donuts with it and hope it doesn't starve itself for oil!" "Oh darn, it did anyway!"

I notice patterns. In people, in work and in life.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show! I especially enjoy Roadkill garage where they seem to be a little less retarded. But the sheer amount of failures - and stupid ones at that - just rub me the wrong way.

Edited by RamblerMan (03/05/18 08:59 PM)

#2461829 - 03/05/18 10:36 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: RamblerMan]
moparpollack Offline
Lil Herman

Loc: 85086
Originally Posted By RamblerMan
I liked the show better in the old days.... but maybe familiarity breeds contempt? I really can't explain it.

The Fury Lemons car.
The Disgustang.
The Rotsun.
Stubby Bob.
Finnegan's Firebird.
The Raunchero.
The Mazdaratti.
The Draguar.
Even Blasphemi!

ALL these cars have at any point in the show failed catastrophically and repeatedly. Are these guys REALLY that hard on their toys? Are these all manufactured "failures" just to create drama within the show? Are these two guys really this inept?

They fail to plan things out ahead of time. They jerry-rig things that they know are going to fail (but pretend to hope for the best). They botch things completely yet decide against all better judgement to continue. The way Finnegan was hammering the shifter in the Rotsun, well, by golly - no wonder the poor thing broke!

Time after time, you can depend on some kind of failure. Even with the Disgustang.... "Hey, let's take an engine that has barely run in 30 years, go do full throttle donuts with it and hope it doesn't starve itself for oil!" "Oh darn, it did anyway!"

Don't get me wrong, I like the show! I especially enjoy Roadkill garage where they seem to be a little less retarded. But the sheer amount of failures - and stupid ones at that - just rub me the wrong way.

I guess you have a good mechanical record, me I Roadkill a lot. Just look at how many cars you listed and imagine what it takes to maintain them. I wouldn't call them inept more like Murphy's law hits more often as the amount of vehicles increase. twocents

#2461868 - 03/06/18 12:02 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: moparpollack]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Originally Posted By moparpollack

The Fury Lemons car.
The Disgustang.
The Rotsun.
Stubby Bob.
Finnegan's Firebird.
The Raunchero.
The Mazdaratti.
The Draguar.
Even Blasphemi!

I guess you have a good mechanical record, me I Roadkill a lot. Just look at how many cars you listed and imagine what it takes to maintain them. I wouldn't call them inept more like Murphy's law hits more often as the amount of vehicles increase. twocents

Or when the cars haven't been driven in years or came straight out of the junkyard. Part of the shows charm, in my opinion. Different strokes, I guess.

#2461890 - 03/06/18 05:10 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: hosehead]
OhioMopar Offline
master

Loc: Mt.Gilead, Ohio
Originally Posted By hosehead

Part of the charm and what makes it different from every other car show, I suppose.

Or when the cars haven't been driven in years or came straight out of the junkyard. Part of the shows charm, in my opinion. Different strokes, I guess.

iagree

Looking for my original 383 block. Last seen around the Atlanta area. 7449 are the last 4 of the VIN.

#2461894 - 03/06/18 05:49 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: hosehead]
migsBIG Offline
I Live Here

Loc: San Jose,CA
Originally Posted By hosehead
Originally Posted By moparpollack

The Fury Lemons car.
The Disgustang.
The Rotsun.
Stubby Bob.
Finnegan's Firebird.
The Raunchero.
The Mazdaratti.
The Draguar.
Even Blasphemi!

up

#2461910 - 03/06/18 07:24 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Gavin Offline
top fuel

Loc: London, England
thumbs RK is top of my list of car 'TV' shows. I watch most of them, even FnL because, hey, a bad car show is still a million times better than the housewives of xyz or most of the other garbage out there!
Like you guys, I really hope that RK doesn't lose what made it great and different, let's see........

BTW, if you like RK and haven't checked out Finnegans Garage (also YouTube), then do, I think you will like it too.....

#2461998 - 03/06/18 11:03 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Devil Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
I can tell you with 100% certainty that nothing is made up on the show. Sure something might break to quickly and we have to re-shoot a line or two. That duct tape/ziptie/bailing wire engine mount might have let go and put the engine into the hood. But it is all legit.

They are just working under money and time constraints that lend them self well to the sort of shenanigans we do.

What you see on Roadkill and Roadkill Extra is just a small portion of the crud that goes on. Like at Roadkill Nights, it really was just one thing after the next, after the next. We never thought they would race.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157687579754155

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog and Pictures

www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

#2462012 - 03/06/18 11:48 AM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: Devil]
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Mesa, Arizona
Its a reality TV show, sure there are mechanical antics. That’s what makes the show. Look at the jeep rat rod episode. A lot of mechanical issues should of been addressed but they had a timeline. Their breakdowns were expected.

Man, some of you guys really need to lay off the coffee!!

Edited by dart4forte (03/06/18 11:51 AM)

#2462034 - 03/06/18 12:38 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
74RALLYE Offline
pro stock

Loc: A certified culture free zone.
Roadkill is my favorite TV show period. I really appreciate the lack of personal drama. They may have deep pockets when there's a problem, but they do have real problems.
Favorite episode is the "3 day engine rebuild". Lots of suffering in that episode, just like real life projects.

#2462049 - 03/06/18 01:15 PM Re: ROADKILL TV SHOW R U WATCHING? [Re: rdrnr6970]
Bad340fish Offline
master

Sometimes I feel like F and F really don't like each other anymore but they do it because its their job. Love the show regardless.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
25,345 Registered Members
32 Forums
190,197 Topics
2,219,288 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Longest stock 1 piece drive shaft?
by mgoblue9798