Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2457339 - 02/25/18 12:30 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
1964hemi Offline
mopar

Car has been for sale before takes 175,000 to buy it!

#2457344 - 02/25/18 12:40 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
EV2Bird Online   penguin-006
No more politics

Loc: Kansas Roads Between 0 and 140...
Why take the front end of the motor/car off.

Car looks nice in the limited pics.

#2457407 - 02/25/18 03:05 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
No engine pics. Horrible pics. Doesn't say anything about numbers. Comes off like a complete d-bag in his ad.

And he wants 175k?

#2457500 - 02/25/18 05:50 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: 1971d21]
1971d21 Offline
mopar

Loc: USA
Yes I have dealt with him.
If I had to deal with him again, I would switch brands.
He has seen/knows these cars, but there are too many other people/cars that the transaction wouldn't leave a sour taste in your mouth for 37 years.
It will be for sale after he dies, and he is probably 55ish + on age. Everything becomes available.

#2457844 - 02/26/18 10:27 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: 1971d21]
biggE Offline
super stock

Loc: California
I don't know the guy but from what I see in this thread the car probably isn't going anywhere. I'm wondering what some of you guys think this car might be worth if you could make the paint work or if it needs to be completely restored? I'm interested in worth after completion. I know from my experience that a car like this is like a can of worms, on thing always leads to having to do more work.

#2457935 - 02/26/18 01:37 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: biggE]
BS27R1B Offline
master

Loc: Cobourg, Ontario
Originally Posted By biggE
I don't know the guy but from what I see in this thread the car probably isn't going anywhere. I'm wondering what some of you guys think this car might be worth if you could make the paint work or if it needs to be completely restored? I'm interested in worth after completion. I know from my experience that a car like this is like a can of worms, on thing always leads to having to do more work.

The body looks good from the limited photos in the listing. The paint also looks good and you would want to leave it alone if you could. I repainted an original paint car many years ago and regret today that it wasn't just touched up.

The interior looks a little worn but I believe can be kept if the photos hold true.

We know it has an original fender tag but what about a sheet? If it was mentioned I missed it.

The big question is the engine and transmission. There is a mention of some type of modification by a previous owner, but no mention what it was. Should we assume engine modifications? Ones that are easily changed? Or is this a reference that the original engine was grenaded and no longer with us?

I have to assume the original engine is gone. Is there any mention in the ad that this sale includes an engine?

Assume some form of engine core comes with the car and it may be complete with carbs, air cleaner and manifolds. If this is the case I could see this project having a value of $120-135,000 to the right buyer. The original paint, body condition and components included would have to be usable with no major purchases required.

As far as a finished value(original body, interior and paint) I would suggest $175- 185,000. Major hits in value are the non numbers engine and the automatic transmission.

Edited by BS27R1B (02/26/18 07:19 PM)

#2457967 - 02/26/18 02:44 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
ngpSatellite Offline
super stock

Loc: Dacula GA
he just updated the ad... seems like its half apart and/or needs partial rest

below:

On Feb-26-18 at 11:11:32 PST, seller added the following information:
Much is included with the car. Following is likely just a partial list.

NIB repro door panels, rear panels, and seat back covers in red.
NIB repro fuel lines from tank to carbs.
NIB repro fuel tank and sender.
NIB wheel cylinders for the rear drums and three new brake hoses, one for the rear and one for each front caliper.
NIB front brake pads.
NIB shocks.
NIB repro ECS resonators.
New repro ECS H pipe.
Pair of stock exhaust manifolds.
Pair of OEM mufflers (used).
Pair of OEM tips.
New pair of repro trunk floor reinforcement plates with the original heat shields and one hanger included.
Misc hangers are also included.
NIB NOS hood pin package.
Rebuilt 4024SA Carter fuel pump coded L-9 (Jack is also coded 9L).
Refinshed original AC top plate with ECS decal.
Virgin original baseplate.
Used, directly interchangeable three row radiator from a newer B Mopar.
Correct 956 tank is included and the correctly coded straps are included too.
Trans cooler is included.
Lower pulley recently powder coated is included.
Water pump housing is included.
Original booster is included.
Correct master cylinder is included and it appears to be the original.
Correct hood is included but it needs a refinish.
Hood mounted "426 HEMI" plates are included.
Correct hinges are included
Both bumpers are included and they will be installed soon.
Rear is a high quality rechromed original. Front is an exceptional virgin piece.
Grille is included and it will be installed soon.
Both valances are included and they will be installed soon.
78 alternator with proper date codes is included but incorrect as the build sheet specifies a 76 alternator.
Water pump core MIGHT be available.
Original distributor is gone. Mopar elec ignition was fitted in the 70s and is intact.
New repro engine wiring harness for elec ignition system compatability is included.
Space saver tire is included without a wheel though a wheel MIGHT be available.
Jack base, spare stud and hardware, bottle and bracket are missing.
Trunk mat that was in the car when I bought it is included.

Copies of the original window sticker, sales order, and bill of sale are included as provided to me by the original owner. The originals, still in the hands of the original owner, MIGHT also be available if I can persuade him.

Yes I have a copy of the build sheet. The original, missing but in its own sleeve, is somewhere in the house. Another may yet still be attached to the seat and I will check for it soon.

Car was last driven just after the first gulf war began in the early 90s and was last started within months of that move. It has the headers installed in the early 70s still on it.

Most if not all of the steering wheel interlock pieces are included.

BTW, trunk lid was once graced with a flimsy reproduction T/A spoiler in the late 70s courtesy of the previous mastermind who owned the car. He drilled 5 holes, 4 of which were plugged with plastic plugs. The fifth hides under the "R/T" plate. I removed the spoiler the day I bought the car...amongst other things. Decklid has never been removed and wears its original paint so I thought the plugs to be the best solution as well as a nice topic of conversation and speculation as to what sin it may have once suffered.

More later.

#2458003 - 02/26/18 03:53 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: ngpSatellite]
RUNCHARGER Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Chilliwack B.C. Canada
My advice to the seller would be to pay someone some money to put the car together and he might get some of his asking price out of it. It sounds like he wants a lot of money for a kit, it also sounds like he is finding out he needs to put some effort in if he wants to sell it.

#2458091 - 02/26/18 06:41 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: RUNCHARGER]
hemicar1971 Offline
master

Loc: Chicago Blackhawks
Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER
My advice to the seller would be to pay someone some money to put the car together and he might get some of his asking price out of it. It sounds like he wants a lot of money for a kit, it also sounds like he is finding out he needs to put some effort in if he wants to sell it.

I would agree, should never of posted the car for sale until it was put back together so it looked like a complete Challenger with the front end on the car. You wonder now was this a ploy to have people come back over and over again to look at the Auction to see what new has been added over the time it is for sale.

#2458095 - 02/26/18 06:52 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
No more politics

MIGHT also be available if I can persuade him.

Yes I have a copy of the build sheet. The original, missing but in its own sleeve, is somewhere in the house. Another may yet still be attached to the seat and I will check for it soon.

TO ME it sounds like a 175k cluster____ from the car to the owner to the car.

As it progresses it sounds like all posted about dealings with the owner ring true.

Not sounding so survivorish to me and really the mopar worlds got buy without it changing hands so maybe his family might be better at selling it when hes gone.

Run Forest, Run.

#2458100 - 02/26/18 06:58 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
hemicar1971 Offline
master

Loc: Chicago Blackhawks
The Challenger has some things going for it. Axle package 355, power windows, radio, console automatic, FE5 with H6E4 red on red. If it can be put back to look like close to a survivor you could keep it like it is and enjoy the Challenger without if being made a trailer Queen.

#2458105 - 02/26/18 07:00 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: hemicar1971]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

Loc: Lost in Space
Originally Posted By hemicar1971
Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER

I would agree, should never of posted the car for sale until it was put back together so it looked like a complete Challenger with the front end on the car. You wonder now was this a ploy to have people come back over and over again to look at the Auction to see what new has been added over the time it is for sale.

If you actually ever had dealing with the seller, you know that his mentality is that you should just start throwing piles of cash at him and maybe if he decides that you're worthy he might sell you the car (if you're lucky).

You're suppose to feel lucky that he even allowed you in his "superior" presence. whistling

He's one of those people that look down their noses at most people, since "he" knows that he's better than them.
I've seen how he treats and talks about people he barely knew.
If he wasn't going to make money off you, he has no use for you.

Just ask him how he's better, he definitely will tell you. laugh2

After you've dealt with him, you walk away feeling like the slime has oozed off on and gotten on you.
The locals that have dealt with him all have said that they felt that way.

#2459263 - 03/01/18 03:12 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: SNK-EYZ]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

The auction is over now, obviously never met reserve.

I talked to a buddy tonight (Greg K.) that deals with the seller some off and on.

He said Mike told him 2 weeks ago that he had to get $200,000 for the car to be willing to sell it.

He said it's definitely not the original engine in the car.
He thought it was a warranty block and he knew it was built as a race engine (12.5 compression, aluminum rods, big cam, headers = kinda radical).

He said he told him that if he ever gets serious about actually wanting to sell it for about $120k he be interested in buying it. In his opinion the car needs a restoration done on it.

Since that's what it bid to, he's probably not far off.

#2459278 - 03/01/18 05:19 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
No more politics

You know the old saying, a bird in the hand is better then two in the bush.

#2459637 - 03/01/18 08:06 PM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: SNK-EYZ]
Morty426 Offline
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Originally Posted By SNK-EYZ
The auction is over now, obviously never met reserve.

I talked to a buddy tonight (Greg K.) that deals with the seller some off and on.

He said Mike told him 2 weeks ago that he had to get $200,000 for the car to be willing to sell it.

He said it's definitely not the original engine in the car.
He thought it was a warranty block and he knew it was built as a race engine (12.5 compression, aluminum rods, big cam, headers = kinda radical).

He said he told him that if he ever gets serious about actually wanting to sell it for about $120k he be interested in buying it. In his opinion the car needs a restoration done on it.

Since that's what it bid to, he's probably not far off.

200K? Wow he must plan on smoking a lot of crack

#2459785 - 03/02/18 02:04 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Morty426]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

Originally Posted By Morty426

200K? Wow he must plan on smoking a lot of crack

Didn't you notice his ebay username? laugh2

toomuchouzoagain

For those that don't know what Ouzo is.
Ouzo (Greek: ούζο, IPA: [ˈuzo]) is a dry anise-flavoured aperitif that is widely consumed in Greece, Cyprus and Lebanon. Its taste is similar to other anise liquors like pastis and sambuca. Other spirits of the region may or may not include anise: arak, rakı, and mastika.

#2459822 - 03/02/18 07:27 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
SomeCarGuy Offline
master

Loc: Someplace you aren't
I think I met that guy when I lived there. Actually could’ve been anybody. Not surprised one bit the car is there. It makes some people mad, but is exactly as I would expect from the average guy in that city.

#2464178 - 03/10/18 04:23 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: SomeCarGuy]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

It's back on ebay....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Chal...iOY&vxp=mtr

Now it has a buy it now price, US $199,875.00 with a Make Offer option....

#2464195 - 03/10/18 06:57 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
BS27R1B Offline
master

Loc: Cobourg, Ontario
Again, a cool car but who would want the pain of dealing with the seller?
The listing undertones give a clear indication of the mind you are dealing with the most obvious of which is, if the car is so special, why have you neglected it for all these years?
The price is not realistic, and the chances of negotiating one appear to be next to nothing.

His fear of his family selling the car after his passing is probably closer to happening than he realizes.

Edited by BS27R1B (03/10/18 08:09 AM)

#2464202 - 03/10/18 07:17 AM Re: Barn Fresh Hemi Challenger + 1 People Magazine on eBay [Re: Mheck]
NewbombTurkk Offline
master

Loc: West Virginia
Original paperwork being held hostage? Wow he MIGHT have a space saver spare available, like for 200k it is not included? He seems like the typical Mopar owner or hoarder around here nowadays.....their stuff gives them status..in their minds.

Now 1972 El Camino, original 402

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
25,344 Registered Members
32 Forums
190,212 Topics
2,219,118 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Who's the Spring guy?