central New Jersey
D
dbdartman Offline
master
dbdartman  Offline
master
D

central New Jersey
The way I see it, E-town HAS to get the general public interested in this show again. How to do this? I see many ways, including manufacturer's midway, exhibition cars (not just the SS/A cars, but jet cars, &/or top alcohol cars, wheelstanders, maybe some kind of shoot-out), seminar(s) for bracket racers, & seminars for restorers by someone OTHER THAN Galen G (he's been over-exposed IMHO). In any event, I feel the key to reviving this show is INTEREST BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Without these people coming through the gate, costs to participate will continue to rise & features will continue to be cut (commonly called a death spiral). Moving the event into the 1st or 2nd weekend in June would help draw more show cars (less chance of rain, more time to get the cars ready). Offering a 2-day "show package" more in line with what Carlisle does (2 people, & car) will help draw more show cars.

Again, I feel the key is to get more behinds in the seats. More spectators mean more $$$ to get more features which means more spectators, which means less $ to PARTICIPATE (swap spaces cost less & draw more, racing costs less which means more racers) Maybe even consider "door prises/give-aways" for spectators (not participants) to generate interest?

Re: E--town MANats... Constructive suggestions, anyone...? #24393
05/25/06 06:10 PM
05/25/06 06:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been going since the 2nd annual: first with my dad and now with my son. I'll still go every year so long as it is there. Was better in June. Need MUCH more marketing and exposure. Need celebs such as Garlits, Bill Maverick Golden, etc. again. Need the new concept CHALLENGER there next year, AND see it do the 1/4. Need people to stop bad-mouthing it. Need the Hershey event not to be on the same weekend. One judge confided in me and said he was really a GM guy...what the heck is that about???? I'll volunteer as a judge if need be. But most of all, we all need to go.

Re: E--town MANats... Constructive suggestions, anyone...? #24394
05/26/06 04:13 AM
05/26/06 04:13 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Will be interesting to see how Carlisle Mopar show turns out this season. Namely gas costs (i.e. racers/spectators attendance) & SwapMeet (ie. Internet Forums/Ebay Selling).
Can't ignore that sites like Ebay have had a DIRECT impact on what & how much vendors haul to shows (if they go at all), in comparision to previous years. Why travel like 4hrs/200miles/spend$$$ & maybe you'll buy needed parts, or just wait it out on internet.
Maybe these shows just have a certain "life span". First it was E-Town as "The Premiere" mopar show to attend on EastCoast, along comes Carlisle; now it becomes THE show to attend. I guess you can't really have two Premiere Mopar shows at once. Shame; cause E-Town has the edge on Carlisle; namely the racing to watch, which breaks up the druggery of doing the swapmeet thing.

Re: E--town MANats... Constructive suggestions, anyone...? [Re: PhillyRag] #24395
05/26/06 09:41 AM
05/26/06 09:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am locking this thread, and directing all posts on the subject to be posted here: New thread

Re: E--town MANats... Constructive suggestions, anyone...? #24396
05/27/06 10:12 AM
05/27/06 10:12 AM
The Garden State
LimelightCuda Offline
enthusiast
LimelightCuda  Offline
enthusiast

The Garden State
I too have been to every MoPars At Englishtown (MoPar Atlantic Nationals) show since it's beginning. Unfortunately, I agree with the negative comments written above. Since I have been to every one of these shows I will continue to go. It is a tradition for me, plus I live close by. I do think this could a a great show once again.

Here's my .

#1) I definitely agree the date must be moved for future success.How abut the week after the NHRA event?

#2)We definitely need some sort of main attraction. i.e. Don Garlits, Bill Maverick, etc.

#3)Gate time should definitely be reduced or streamlined.

We need constructive criticism. Without it how will the folks who run this show know how to improve it?

And one other thing,
written by PlumCrazy73Dodge:
Quote:

I feel that the hobby itself has drained the event. Prices are out of hand for the young kids to get in the hobby. I am 22 and find prices for parts driving me from buying the things I need which will stop me from looking in the swap area. in turn people do not want to drive thier $50k cuda in the rain or at all. The fun was taken out of the hobby and repalce by greed and investments. There are guys on college budgets or very little ones who have to pay 22 bucks for a bag of 12 plastic clips, its ridiculous. Sorry for the rant on the hobby, but it does hinder this event.

Although I am not 22, I can't help but feel that this is a part of the problem. How can a young person get into the MoPar Hobby?

Alan wrote:
Quote:

I love the show, been going ever since the first one (have the dash plaque to prove it...! )

I wish I would have collected those dash plaques from the start. I haven't seen the first one sinec that first show long ago. What I do remember about that very first show was first of all it was as hot as hell. Second and more important I remember seeing enthusiats racing Hemi 'Cudas that weren't restored cars just daily drivers. After all in 1986 they were only 16 years old. But what I will never forget is a Hemi 'Cuda convertable racing that day. It was a dark color like a brown or black or maybe a dark green and with a dark top. And kind of dirty too. I never saw that car again.

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4