Page 13 of 20 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20 >
Topic Options
#2458150 - 02/26/18 08:17 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: The Shadow]
chargervert Offline
master

Loc: RI Deep in the rust belt
I believe that there was a thread on the lime green 70 Charger R /T on Dodge Charger.com. the pictures showed how bad GYC butchered the car. I remember the dutch panel not fitted right and there were huge gaps between the body and the rear window moldings. If I remember correctly there was talk of some sort of settlement, but I don't think he ever paid up.

Edited by chargervert (02/26/18 08:18 PM)
70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic

#2458158 - 02/26/18 08:25 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: chargervert]
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer

Loc: -
Originally Posted By chargervert
I'm sure one ride in a current Demon would change your,or anyone else's mind about that

That's painting with a pretty wide brush...

We had a 9-second street car here 40 years ago...

E-body...With a Lenco...On the street...

Built and tuned by humans, not robots...

40 years later, a 9-second 'Demon' really ain't no biggie...

Not everyone is enamored with an electronic whiz-bang...

My guess is you will liquidate all your old rides very soon...

And perhaps step into a used HC...

Ford just announced a blower kit for the 5-liter 'Stang...

700 horses...

With the weight advantage, be prepared for your kitty to get spanked...

#2458176 - 02/26/18 08:47 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master

Loc: jersey
Originally Posted By RS23U1G
I'm sure one ride in a current Demon would change your,or anyone else's mind about that

Not everyone is enamored with an electronic whiz-bang...

My guess is you will liquidate all your old rides very soon...

And perhaps step into a used HC...

Ford just announced a blower kit for the 5-liter 'Stang...

700 horses...

With the weight advantage, be prepared for your kitty to get spanked...

and 40 years ago that car A/C, right?
it could idle all day with out loading up, right?
You could drive it cross country without doing anything but refueling, right?
i'd like to see that ebody go against a new demon.....
while he's busy changing plugs and jets, the demon will be making laps....
then drive home with the a/c with the radio blaring....

#2458191 - 02/26/18 09:06 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: chargervert]
Y3 70 BEE Offline
super stock

Loc: Badham Co.
Deep Purple a joint and 70s MOPAR

#2458192 - 02/26/18 09:07 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: Spaceman Spiff]
Not_A_Duster Offline
master

Loc: SK. Canada
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

the demon will be making laps....

And still be utterly soul-less without a shred of character....

I don't need to be the fastest kid on the block. Odds are I'd just end up with a suspended license attached to an enormous fine.

I love driving my olde Demon more than just about anything else, but even just looking at it sitting still in the moonlight gives me an emotional rush no new Fiat product ever could. Heading out to the garage to perform some light maintenance and remembering the process involved in building the car brings me closer to peace than just about anything else I can imagine. Changing plugs and jets is part of the magic.

The car has a soul. You can wave impressive elapsed times from the factory and practicality at me all day long, but it'll never be the same for me.

#2458222 - 02/26/18 10:35 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
chargervert Offline
master

[quote=chargervert] I'm sure one ride in a current Demon would change your,or anyone else's mind about that

That's all good,but it was not factory built! It got about 4 MPG,and after 1320 feet it wasn't good for driving too much further. The new Demon could be driven across country and pull off nine second quarter mile timeslips on both coasts! My guess is that you will sell off the few you have left long before I do,and join the Furd camp. They are almost four years too late too impress anyone! I'm still more than twenty deep,and I just bought a car capable not only aerodynamically capable of more than 200 plus MPH,it has a modern Nascar chassis under it too! No real Mopar guy wouldn't be impressed with a car that spanks a Mopar superstock A body by more than a full second!

Edited by chargervert (02/26/18 10:56 PM)
70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic

#2458224 - 02/26/18 10:41 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: Not_A_Duster]
chargervert Offline
master

Originally Posted By Not_A_Duster

I don't need to be the fastest kid on the block. Odds are I'd just end up with a suspended license attached to an enormous fine.

I love driving my olde Demon more than just about anything else, but even just looking at it sitting still in the moonlight gives me an emotional rush no new Fiat product ever could. Heading out to the garage to perform some light maintenance and remembering the process involved in building the car brings me closer to peace than just about anything else I can imagine. Changing plugs and jets is part of the magic

The car has a soul. You can wave impressive elapsed times from the factory and practicality at me all day long, but it'll never be the same for me.

While you ponder your soul for about six or seven seconds the new Demon will be at the finish line!

#2458227 - 02/26/18 10:56 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: Not_A_Duster]
340wedge Offline
master

Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC formerly the ...

I love driving my olde Demon more than just about anything else, but even just looking at it sitting still in the moonlight gives me an emotional rush no new Fiat product ever could. Heading out to the garage to perform some light maintenance and remembering the process involved in building the car brings me closer to peace than just about anything else I can imagine. Changing plugs and jets is part of the magic.

Agree!

#2458231 - 02/26/18 11:05 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: 340wedge]
chargervert Offline
master

I have about twenty cars with soul!I have more effin soul than James Brown,I'll take some modern muscle flat out azz kickin soul to go along with my old school over abundance of soul!!!!!! Mike drop!

Edited by chargervert (02/26/18 11:31 PM)

#2458248 - 02/27/18 01:06 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: chargervert]
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer

Loc: -
Anybody who's read your posts here knows what you're about...

You said you were just about done...

You're gonna cash-out, and buy an electronic car that does it all for you...

That certainly has limited appeal for a true gear-head...

I drive what I build...

Been racking-up miles on the fuselage for almost 25 years...

How many of those 'twenty' of yours have you driven???

The 'new' Challenger platform is 10 years old...

Talk about 'old' news...

Oh, and by the way...

That E-body putt-putted all over on the street in the 70's...

Lenco and all...(And they said it couldn't be done...

And capable of much more than the 'mid-nines' that was typically bandied about...

#2458253 - 02/27/18 02:45 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
SNK-EYZ Offline
master

Loc: Lost in Space
I always want to laugh when I read when people write about "cars having a soul". laugh2

Cars are made from metal, glass and plastic and are manufactured, a soul is something that isn't a factory option on them.
It's something that some people try to affix to a material object.

Cars have a given "style" that some people like or a "look" but it's in "using" them for their intended purpose that they can give a person a feeling of enjoyment or euphoria.

Whether is cruising wide open down a highway at whatever speed you can comfortably get away with or blasting down a quarter mile it's in the driving that the enjoyment comes.

The reason that people get hook on a particular car model or year is really more associated with the memories of what happened in the car.

It makes you think of a time that you enjoyed so the fixate the enjoyment on the object that got you there rather than the event.

Whether it's now or old I love performance cars, they both have their goods and bads.

In 1970 you know that the hot rodders called the Challengers and "Cuda's "plastic late model crap.
I've owned a bunch of them, but one look at the interior proves they were right. laugh2
I love 71 'Cuda's but the interiors are cheap crap.

Styling trends change and some don't like the newer stuff.
They also usually listen to the same songs from when they were young and life was new and exciting.
Change is something they avoid and hate.

There's a butt for every seat whether it's an old car or a new one.

I love my cars, but there's always something cooler or faster that's out there that could be had that I might enjoy more. drive

#2458255 - 02/27/18 04:17 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
chargervert Offline
master

I drive what I build...

Talk about 'old' news...

Oh, and by the way...

And capable of much more than the 'mid-nines' that was typically bandied about...

I never ever said that I was getting out of the hobby, and I have been driving my Mopars that I build since the late seventies. I don't know where you are getting that B.S. from. I have atleast four or five of them registered and running at any given time, I used to have to recruit drivers to take them to shows and cruise nights! I currently have my 71 Challenger convertible,the 70 Charger convertible,my 73 Charger,my Indy Ram,and the 09 Challenger R/T classic on the road,and my 2005 Ram diesel is my daily driver. I plan on putting the 75 Dodge van I just picked up on the road this spring as well. What I did say is that I probably was not going to be able to build 26 project cars so I had planned to sell off about ten of them and buy a hellcat Challenger. Well I sold or junked about 8 of them,and had good intentions of doing just that. I had saved up half of the money to do so,but that all changed two weeks ago when I bought the Daytona Charger stock car from a fellow Moparts member. That is now taking the place of buying a Hellcat. I parted out a 73 Charger and a 73 Satellite,sold a 68 Satellite convertible,a 71 Satellite,a 73 Charger SE,a 70 Charger,a 68 Charger,and I have a 71 Charger SE being sold right now. I did this to all within the last year,to downsize to a manageable sized collection. I bought the Daytona stock car,the 75 Dodge van,a 79 Little red truck,and a 71 Charger R/T,so I am still buying them too. All the funds from selling off those cars has been redirected into the Daytona racecar. I am currently working on my 70 Charger R/T that is going to be a replica of the purple 70 Daytona,my wifes 70 Challenger convertible,and the new Daytona stock car project. That is hardly what I would call cashing out! I still own my 70 Charger R/T SE that I bought in 1981!

Edited by chargervert (02/27/18 04:41 AM)

#2458302 - 02/27/18 09:15 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: SNK-EYZ]
Not_A_Duster Offline
master

Originally Posted By SNK-EYZ
I always want to laugh when I read when people write about "cars having a soul". laugh2

Cars are made from metal, glass and plastic and are manufactured, a soul is something that isn't a factory option on them.

Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.

I was trying to describe the emotional appeal provided by the vintage iron. Styling is part of it, the era it came from is part of it, performance is part of it, and most certainly having rebuilt it myself is part of it.

Nothing currently offered from Fiat has that appeal...

...for me.

You and others are more than welcome to make your own choices, but I won't sit and be told that I'm not "Mopar enough" because I'm not a Fiat/Benz fanboy. As far as I'm concerned that which made "Mopar" a thing ended three takeovers ago, and people should have gone to prison for what transpired back then. So when I say that I don't care about the new FCA stuff, it means only that: I just don't care. It's of no interest to me. It does not represent what I am looking for from the hobby.

That's my choice - you go ahead and make your own. The beauty of having the freedom to do so.

Frankly, these days if I could trade everything "Mopar" in my life, for a '37 Cord 812 Phaeton, I would do it in a heartbeat. Now there's a car with soul.

Edited by Not_A_Duster (02/27/18 09:24 AM)

#2458309 - 02/27/18 09:23 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: chargervert]
Not_A_Duster Offline
master

Mike drop!

Dude:

You sent us down this path.

I simply commented on how I thought people were taking a television show that is being presented for the entertainment of the general public way too seriously. (Which I think was the topic of this here message board thread.) You then called me out for something I probably? said over a year ago about Fiat digging out old names. I then replied that I no longer care about the offerings from Fiat - that they have no appeal to me.

You could have left it there, and we could have continued to discuss why so many people hate a TV show about vintage Chrysler products.

#2458358 - 02/27/18 10:34 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: Not_A_Duster]
chargervert Offline
master

Mike drop!

Dude:

You sent us down this path.

I simply commented on how I thought people were taking a television show that is being presented for the entertainment of the general public way too seriously. (Which I think was the topic of this here message board thread.) You then called me out for something I probably? said over a year ago about Fiat digging out old names. I then replied that I no longer care about the offerings from Fiat - that they have no appeal to me.

You could have left it there, and we could have continued to discuss why so many people hate a TV show about vintage Chrysler products.

As I stated above, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it and this is mine, which I am entitled to as well. Maybe you missed it? At the top of the page I dropped the subject and got back to talking about the green Charger that GYC hacked up,but you brought up the subject of modern Mopars not having soul,so we got back on that subject again. I'm ready to get back to the subject of the original thread. I have been called a sellout in this thread, but in reality I probably have more classic Mopars and parts,and have been building them longer than most of the people who make these comments. These cars are a way of life for me,and almost everyone I know or associate with is involved with them one way or another. It is more than just a hobby for me. I can appreciate all of them old or new.

#2458360 - 02/27/18 10:35 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: chargervert]
DAYCLONA Online   content
I Live Here

Loc: Mass
and I just bought a car capable not only aerodynamically capable of more than 200 plus MPH,it has a modern Nascar chassis under it too

I hope it gets finished now, rather than passed along again, it's probably been thru 3-4 owners since I first made the parts for that car's first owner almost 2 decades ago when it was in Virginia....did it's HEMI engine come along with the buy?

Mike

Attachments
nascarcharger.jpg

#2458373 - 02/27/18 10:56 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: DAYCLONA]
chargervert Offline
master

Mike,the guy kept the Hemi, so I ordered a 705 hp Edelbrock top end kit for my 472 Hemi. The guy I bought the car from treated me really right on it so I have the funds to get the driveline in order. One of the previous owners was trying to turn it into a modernized Fast and Furious Daytona wannabe so I have to reskin the doors, use different fenders and put a standard Charger hood on it. He also destroyed and distorted the rear window plug trying to put flush glass in it,so there is a lot of unhacking to do. Who ever built the chassis was an amazing fabricator though. I hope to get it together and running in time for the 2019 wingcar meet.

Attachments
20180226_194959.jpg

20180226_195054.jpg

20180226_195034.jpg

Edited by chargervert (02/27/18 11:28 AM)

#2458406 - 02/27/18 11:43 AM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master

Loc: jersey

I drive what I build...

Talk about 'old' news...

Oh, and by the way...

And how fast is your car?

#2458493 - 02/27/18 02:48 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: RSNOMO]
crackedback Offline

Loc: CA

Was that your car or someone in Detroit that owned it? Probably the latter.

Sounds like someone in my neighborhood in the mid 80's saying "we" have a 9 second street raced car in the area. It's not their car, they had NOTHING to do with it. It was MY car! LOL

#2458507 - 02/27/18 03:13 PM Re: More Worman words of wisdom on GYC! [Re: crackedback]
62maxwgn Offline
master

Loc: Central,PA
I thought this thread was about mark Worman !! confused

Page 13 of 20 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20 >

Advertisement
Forum Stats
25,631 Registered Members
32 Forums
195,641 Topics
2,288,861 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM