Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2424540 - 12/27/17 03:45 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: A39Coronet]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Shepard/Rot/Doberman are all man made breeds, made up from multiple breeds each, to arrive at the end results.

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2424559 - 12/27/17 04:29 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
SomeCarGuy Offline
master

Loc: Someplace you aren't
I worked with a lady that overheard a couple of people talking up their pit bulls. She said look at my face, you see these scars you morons. We never what they were from before. She ripped those bozos pitheads into shreds. It was great.

#2424564 - 12/27/17 04:35 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
EV2Bird Offline
No more politics

Loc: Kansas Roads Between 0 and 140...
My sis in law recently adopted an abused 3 legged pit. So far so good, but if I were pampered on a seven million dollar estate even I could be good.

#2424635 - 12/27/17 06:55 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: A39Coronet]
Guitar Jones Online   laugh2
master

Loc: in a cattle trailer down by th...
Originally Posted By A39Coronet
Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Based on that open ended statement, ANY dog breed with an occurrence of violence falls under the same umbrella.

One attack is too many...regardless of breed. If you put a black lab in the hands of a bad owner, you're gonna have issues. Same reason why some people raise kids who commit crimes, and some people don't.

Not even close. Sure any dog can be aggressive and any dog can bite. The difference is (and this is what you defenders fail to acknowledge) that NO DOG does it like a pit. And once they have made that decision you can't even beat them off with a baseball bat! Why do you think cops don't use them for their K9 units? Because they are stupid, once they attack they don't stop. Pits make up about 6% of the canine population yet they are responsible for 71% of the fatalities from dog attacks. They attack more often and with much greater severity.

You guys always want to blame the owners and granted they are responsible for their dogs actions but you can't blame the owners for the dogs DNA. Perfectly good owners have had pits attack and kill children.

Give me one, just one good reason why any animal capable of bringing down a 1000 pound feral bovine or a 500 pound feral hog should be allowed in a residential neighborhood.

NY and Ohio both began to use Pit breeds as K9. They are cheaper than German raised Shepard's, and proven to be just as trainable despite your opinion they're "stupid", which I HOPE is based on actual first hand experience...

https://www.google.com/amp/fox8.com/2017...n-of-breed/amp/

"Pitbulls" are made up of over a dozen different formal breeds of K9, where as a German Shepard/Rot/Doberman are all just one. Their stats are heavily over reported because everything from Staffordshire terrior to American bully funnel up to the "pitbull" category.

And everyone of them deserve the title. Yes I have plenty of first hand experience with them. I spent more than twenty years in Kissimmee Florida much before Disney World even opened. It was called Cowtown back then. Full of ranchers, rednecks and hog hunters. I have even owned a pit way back when but switched to Catahoulas as they were extremely smart, learned in one shot and were totally under voice command. Anyone that thinks pits are smart has never had a smart dog like a Border Collie, Australian Shepard, Australian Cattle Dog or a Catahoula.

As for you claim that NY and Ohio are using pits, I have to call BS. Ohio only recently lifted their ban on pits over the objections of the Police Union and others like EMT's and emergency room Doctors. As for NY, well, I don't see a single pit in here, do you?

NY State Police K9 photo gallery

But I also see you conveniently skipped over my two biggest points. No dog, bites or attacks like a pit bull. You guys all know it but you won't admit it so anything else you have to say is BS.

You have also failed to provide one single reason these animals should be allowed in a residential neighborhood. I already figured you wouldn't do that because there is no justification for it, period, end of subject.

You may find an exception here and there but even a cursory google search can net you a plethora of pit bull attacks.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/12/toddler_mauled_by_pit_bull_in.html

http://people.com/human-interest/4-year-old-released-hospital-pit-bull-attack/

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/5-year-old-boy-in-hospital-after-dog-attack/669334376

http://fox2now.com/2017/12/11/pit-bull-attacks-kills-77-year-old-suburban-illinois-woman/

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local/ups-driver-testifies-about-pit-bull-attack/495904711

https://www.google.com/search?q=pit+bull...h=964&dpr=1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5200435/toddler-mauled-pit-bull-with-family-at-adoption-event/

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/crimestop...lotte/499972601

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/12/18/why-pit-bulls-attack-virginia-woman-expert-speaks/

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/12/19/pit-bull-training-to-avoid-attacks-expert-advice/

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Po...-462419433.html

http://whdh.com/news/fitchburg-girl-7-seriously-injured-in-vicious-pit-bull-attack/

How long do I have to go on?

#2424660 - 12/27/17 07:51 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
BigMoneyLewis Offline
master

Loc: Alabama
Just in the last few weeks , we had two separate cases where pit bulls killed
people here in north Alabama. One was a lady was in her 50's and the other was a 24 year old lady.

Greg

#2424666 - 12/27/17 08:03 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
A39Coronet Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Usa
I posted the actual article for Ohio, what's not to believe?

Here is for NY:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews...te-of-new-york/

"No dog bites like a pitbull"...except the 8 dogs that do...

https://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/

I'm not going to continue the p*ssing match to see who can dig up more articles to prove a point. Bulldog bites a kid, think it's going to make Nationwide news? Not a fat chance.

I don't need to state a reason for ownership in a residential area, same way I don't need to explain why my car has the ability to exceed a legally posted speed limit or why I'm allowed to buy a keg of beer. Probably, thankfully, people who make laws do a bit more research than knee jerk reactions to things.

Bottom line is your argument is painting with a broad brush, and fails to look at any inputs to the situations you've posted. My 42lb-er ain't taking down a 1,000lb anything. In fact, she's been attacked twice this year by a neighbor's dogs, a lab mix and his bulldog.

It's EXTREMELY unfortunate that these events occur...and there's no denying they do. However, I would be very interested in seeing some ownership characteristic data amongst breeds. I suspect there's some big differences here that would attribute to these issues.

#2424704 - 12/27/17 09:21 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
Morty426 Offline
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Pits come in two types - attack dog and bait dog.

The problem is you never know which one you have.

I have had two pit-mixes that were bait dog material. Greatest dogs ever.

I currently have a female pocket pit (about 50 pounds) and she is not a bait dog. So she is watched like a hawk. Never allowed in public, no off leash, isolated from other dogs. It's a good dog but it has a loose wire like all attack pits.

After this dog is gone I will never own another one.

#2424726 - 12/27/17 10:00 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
469runner Offline
super stock

Loc: North Carolina
I have nothing to add to this except. I hate Pit Bulls, they are ugly and I have seen the aggressive nature of this breed. Tough guys like them because it makes them feel tough.

#2424757 - 12/28/17 12:18 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: 469runner]
rhad Offline
mopar

Loc: garnett kansas
i went to visit a old friend recently,her son has a american bulldog,massive head and body,must weigh well over 100 pounds,dont look like a pit but that head size will make you think twice,he was the most laid back dog ive seen in a while.just a big cuddle bug,on the otherhand my son HAD a black dog of mixed breed that he raised from a pup,it was part rott but looked like a longhaired lab,.NO ONE could get close to that dog except my son he was on a chain and growled and barked anytime someone came on my sons property,at one point he broke his chain and nipped my wife slightly on the calf of her leg,the decision was made to take him to the vet and see what could be done like neuter ,etc,we put a muzzle on him and i loaded him in the back of my pickup and headed for the vet about 35 miles away,as soon as i came to a stop sign about 15 miles from his home he was as docile as a newborn pup,so i ask the vet about this,he said neuter wouldnt help due to the fact the dog was around 3 yrs old and it had become a habit to protect his home,moving him to a new owner/home would be fine until the dog decided it was HIS home,then he would be on attack and protect mode again,
bottom line i had him put to sleep for everyones relief except my sons

#2424791 - 12/28/17 04:55 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: rhad]
AeroMonte Offline
master

Loc: S.E. Missouri
Originally Posted By rhad
i went to visit a old friend recently,her son has a american bulldog,massive head and body,must weigh well over 100 pounds,dont look like a pit but that head size will make you think twice,he was the most laid back dog ive seen in a while.just a big cuddle bug,on the otherhand my son HAD a black dog of mixed breed that he raised from a pup,it was part rott but looked like a longhaired lab,.NO ONE could get close to that dog except my son he was on a chain and growled and barked anytime someone came on my sons property,at one point he broke his chain and nipped my wife slightly on the calf of her leg,the decision was made to take him to the vet and see what could be done like neuter ,etc,we put a muzzle on him and i loaded him in the back of my pickup and headed for the vet about 35 miles away,as soon as i came to a stop sign about 15 miles from his home he was as docile as a newborn pup,so i ask the vet about this,he said neuter wouldnt help due to the fact the dog was around 3 yrs old and it had become a habit to protect his home,moving him to a new owner/home would be fine until the dog decided it was HIS home,then he would be on attack and protect mode again,
bottom line i had him put to sleep for everyones relief except my sons

ON A CHAIN....and then wonder why they become aggressive and protective. I will not ever declare an entire breed be eradicated, as I believe the humanoids are more to blame. I will admit that a pit has been bred to be strong and powerful and can cause serious injury. No I would not own one either. I am cautious around any large breed animal also. Animals have alpha males and females, they are pack animals. If you let that animal show dominance you have lost the battle.

#2424827 - 12/28/17 09:31 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: A39Coronet]
DaytonaTurbo Offline

Loc: Manitoba, Canada

I don't need to state a reason for ownership in a residential area, same way I don't need to explain why my car has the ability to exceed a legally posted speed limit or why I'm allowed to buy a keg of beer. Probably, thankfully, people who make laws do a bit more research than knee jerk reactions to things.

That's false equivalency and you know it. You don't hear stories about cars jumping out of driveways and running people over by themselves or sweet loving kegs of beer deciding to alcohol poison to death random passers by. Those are inanimate objects fully under human control. Let's face it, animals have a mind of their own. If a chihuahua attacks, chances are you will be able to do something about it before serious injury occurs. A pitt, well....

#2424839 - 12/28/17 09:58 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: A39Coronet]
master

I posted the actual article for Ohio, what's not to believe?

What you posted was from Kansas not Ohio. laugh2

One dog working as a narcotics and missing persons detection dog in one city. Hardly what I would call a movement.

"No dog bites like a pitbull"...except the 8 dogs that do...

https://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/

Show me just one example of those other eight breeds that do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHgtdkMrojA

The fact is none of them do or will. And I can assure you if I hit any one of those other eight breeds you referenced with a baseball bat one time they would stop whatever they were doing. A pit? Fat chance. You are going to have to beat it damn near to death or unconsciousness before it quits. You apparently have no idea what you have invited into your home. I pray you don't have young children.

#2424851 - 12/28/17 10:21 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
srt Offline

Loc: $0.6k+B
Interesting A39. The article you posted included bulldog separate and it lists breed from both sides of pond. Our neighbor has an american bulldog that looks like a trim and tall pit bull. The article reads "Bulldogs rank at the lowest degree of working/obedience intelligence." I believe it. I've watched I neighbor fight his bull dog to keep it from barking, finally resorting to an electric collar with remote control. It's the single worse behaved dog I've been near. I've witnessed it attempt to attack our dogs through a wire fence (injuring it's nose and muzzle) tried to jump over fence to chomp at my face and constantly goes berzerk if it sees my wife in our orchard. Late 60's older guy owns the dog and is responsible for it's behavior. I told him that he needs to work with his dog and control it as I rather not have to defend our dogs or beings. His anwser was to install a small wire fenced run where the dog gets to pop out for a few minutes at a time, then back into the garage.
I agree that in many cases it's the owner, not the dog. Pits on the other hand do seem to have a preponderance of bad dog owners. I think it's appropriate for fans and breeders of these dogs start breeding down the temperament that other (irresponsible?) owners are so adamantly breeding into.
It's very factual that pits are most often housed and killed off in municipal dog pounds, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owners. The percentage of good owners ought to take action improving the breed, and also the quality of those they sell them to before the breed is singled out. The day has come that something needs to happen.

#2424856 - 12/28/17 10:32 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

The preponderance of evidence suggest that most pit bull owners do not fall into the good owner category. Hoping the owners will breed out the stupid in Pits is almost as foolish as expecting the Pits to breed the stupid out of their owners and as likely.

#2424882 - 12/28/17 11:17 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
srt Offline

Loc: $0.6k+B
I foolishly wrote that as the way to say the breed is doomed, I'm sure many dogs of a multitude of breeds wish other owners would have picked them.

#2424909 - 12/28/17 11:41 AM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

I know

#2425015 - 12/28/17 04:27 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: mopargem]
krautrock Offline
top fuel

Loc: central texas
why should any dog be kept in a non-working environment household or residential area???

#2425018 - 12/28/17 04:29 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: srt]
krautrock Offline
top fuel

Loc: central texas
Originally Posted By srt
The article reads "Bulldogs rank at the lowest degree of working/obedience intelligence."

what kind of bulldog?

french bulldog?
english bulldog?
american bulldog?
or some other bulldog??

#2425020 - 12/28/17 04:32 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: krautrock]
master

Originally Posted By krautrock
why should any dog be kept in a non-working environment household or residential area???

Not all dogs are working dogs and you know it, so stop playing stupid.

And I might add that no other dog, and I mean none has the perseverance, tolerance for pain and single mindedness of a pit. That's why you guys have them. Sorry about your inadequacies as a man. It's pretty sad you have to have a bad ass stupid dog to make you feel like more of a man.

#2425022 - 12/28/17 04:33 PM Re: Another vicious dog attack [Re: krautrock]
master

Originally Posted By krautrock
Originally Posted By srt
The article reads "Bulldogs rank at the lowest degree of working/obedience intelligence."

what kind of bulldog?

french bulldog?
english bulldog?
american bulldog?
or some other bulldog??

All of them are dumber than a box a rocks.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Advertisement
Forum Stats
25,379 Registered Members
32 Forums
191,030 Topics
2,230,099 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
1968 Plymouth Road Runner 2 door post
by tomsjack
19 minutes 5 seconds ago
Carlisle Follow Up
by moparts
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Can someone give me advice (read) on these plugs?
by plazomat
Yesterday at 09:57 PM
Pro Comp roller rockers
by biff426
Yesterday at 09:55 PM