Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2414776 - 12/07/17 01:51 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
topside Offline
I Live Here

Loc: So Near, Yet So Far
Hey, I get the bitterness some folks have for California and certain facets of its image; I grew up in SoCal in the '60s when it was a fascinating, great and happy place and pretty much ground zero for what was cool.
Then the foolishness and bureaucracy too over, and it became a place that I regard like a sweet old girlfriend who becomes a crackhead. I left many years ago when I could stand it no longer.
But I still have friends there, and some fine memories of places and events, and the fires are horrible in every way. I also have old friends who are firefighters and I hope for their safety and success.

#2414779 - 12/07/17 02:00 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: 72N96RR]
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By 72N96RR
ive already seen pics of a blue 71 cuda cooked to the ground...

Link the pic?

Most of homes damaged were in Ventura north of foothill blvd. I saw a 67 Mustang parked on a corner against a curb at the very edge of the fire area in Tuesday. Looked like they just drive it there to dump it and the get more stuff out.

#2414810 - 12/07/17 02:50 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: 67Satty]
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck

Loc: Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Originally Posted By 67Satty
Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Sorry to hear about your BIL Stu, but to many people here in the "flyover states" you reap what you sow in Kalifornika... pity

This might be the single stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on Moparts. Congratulations!

You must not have been here very long, I am sure I have posted stupider things... tonguue

I stayed at the Ventura Beach RV park one year for Spring Fling and drove a 67 Dart GTS convertible to and from the show, it was a great place to visit but I for sure would never live there. Sorry that part of Cali has to burn... frown

Edited by Rhinodart (12/07/17 02:53 PM)

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!

#2414818 - 12/07/17 03:04 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
crackedback Offline

Loc: CA
The assholery is strong in this thread.

Sometimes people need to say nothing/STFU than be a complete DOOSHBAG!!!

#2414922 - 12/07/17 06:12 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: autoxcuda]
hemi71x Offline

Loc: Rancho Cordova, California (Sa...
Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By 72N96RR
ive already seen pics of a blue 71 cuda cooked to the ground...

Link the pic?

Most of homes damaged were in Ventura north of foothill blvd. I saw a 67 Mustang parked on a corner against a curb at the very edge of the fire area in Tuesday. Looked like they just drive it there to dump it and the get more stuff out.

The Krispy Cuda. frown

Attachments
Krispy Cuda.png

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

#2414947 - 12/07/17 07:15 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
Diego (not Ted) Offline

Loc: Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
What's the story on the 'Cuda?

#2414952 - 12/07/17 07:30 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
Supercuda Offline
I want my mommy!!

Loc: up yours
It burned in a fire

#2414968 - 12/07/17 08:00 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: crackedback]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Loc: Pasadena, california
Originally Posted By crackedback

Agreed. Wow. down

#2414989 - 12/07/17 08:34 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
srt Offline

Loc: Make America Rake Again
Unknowing opinion that the citizenry are responsible for the situation with the forest land. Many of the fires originate on land administered by federal ageencies. The sam agencies that are granted insufficient budget to carry out their responsibilities. Nearly all of northern Californians (October) fires were sparked by wind blown trees contacting power lines owned by a private company . The same company that has historically shown they do not budget enough to maintain their facilities (San Bruno gas line inferno and thousands of miles of aerial power lines) while at the same time managing to pay stockholders dividends and their bureaucracy huge salaries. The same company that is under-insured and hopes to pass their liability on to rate-payers.
Incendiary posts having no basis in reality shouldn't be viewed with merit.

#2415048 - 12/07/17 10:28 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: crackedback]
MidPenMopar Online   boogie
Looking for fun? Keep looking

Loc: South San Francisco, Californi...
Originally Posted By crackedback

I know everyone hates California, and yes there are some people here that have ideas way beyond common sense, but at the same time we also have people here that are good folks who would do anything for you if you needed help. So let's not lump all of us in one P.C. bag. In the end this is about people who lost or will lose everything and they suddenly come together, push away differences and understand each other's losses when a devastating event like this occurs.

Stu

Check out our MPM Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/122972991051550/

#2415063 - 12/07/17 11:00 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas

Loc: jersey shore
having personal loss from fire in my life
I can empathize with all of those who have suffered a loss.
now if a earthquake or tsunami struck work j/k wink

#2415066 - 12/07/17 11:11 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
MuuMuu101 Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!

Loc: Covina, Ca
When I got home tonight, I could smell the fire and I live 50 miles away. The winds are pretty strong. We had some guests at work from Minnesota and Vermont and they decided to go smoke out front on their lunch break. Well, when they dropped their cigarette butts on the ground, they accidentally set our front lawn on fire. The fire department had to come and put it out.

68 Dart GT Project Thread: Linky!

#2415076 - 12/07/17 11:44 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: MuuMuu101]
Dave Hall Offline
top fuel

Loc: Cotati, CA
That's messed up. Maybe they'll think twice about littering their stinky butts. Never seen a cigarette start a lawn on fire. Were they smoking cigars or something? Hopefully the fire people stay safe, get a reprieve from the winds and control this. Not good!

#2415079 - 12/07/17 11:51 PM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: Dave Hall]
MuuMuu101 Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!

Loc: Covina, Ca
Originally Posted By Dave Hall
That's messed up. Maybe they'll think twice about littering their stinky butts. Never seen a cigarette start a lawn on fire. Were they smoking cigars or something? Hopefully the fire people stay safe, get a reprieve from the winds and control this. Not good!

We've had problems with our own employees. It's not necessarily a lawn as it's shrubbery between the sidewalk and parking lot. We used to have big trees, but they cut them down a year and a half ago for drought tolerant plants and that plus the mulch caught fire.

But you see it all the time on the freeway where people just flick their cigarette ashes out the window. Between the extreme heat this past summer and the winds this winter, we've been having wildfires like crazy.

68 Dart GT Project Thread: Linky!

#2415082 - 12/08/17 12:04 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: MuuMuu101]
hosehead Offline
top fuel

Loc: Pasadena, california
Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
When I got home tonight, I could smell the fire and I live 50 miles away. The winds are pretty strong. We had some guests at work from Minnesota and Vermont and they decided to go smoke out front on their lunch break. Well, when they dropped their cigarette butts on the ground, they accidentally set our front lawn on fire. The fire department had to come and put it out.

People's lack of self awareness never ceases to amaze me. Unbelievable.... shock

#2415094 - 12/08/17 12:55 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: hosehead]
Dave Hall Offline
top fuel

Loc: Cotati, CA
The Tan Bark/mulch makes more sense. That stuff is like fire tinder. Didn't Tom Hanks use that stuff in Castaway? People are stupid. Most don't realize that oxygen/air is more than half the equation....

#2415098 - 12/08/17 01:23 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: kidmopar]
srt Offline

Loc: Make America Rake Again
I walk along a road near our home for excercise/cardio (yes, it's steep). I find an equal amount of butts and cans/paper cups/bottles (al and glass are mainly alcohol). Living in the woods this bothers me a lot. I've got our property close to the road down to mineral soil and mow the 30' swath between our fence and pavement several times a year. The guy across the road noticed my work and has been working clearing his property he mentioned to me he's observed the same. Likely the same person or persons use this stretch as their dumping ground.
Our area is the last stand of forest that has not been burned in the previous 10 yrs. We're removing the last pine and converting the property to oaks and irrigated production (veggies and harvestable trees).

#2415146 - 12/08/17 08:38 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: srt]
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By srt
Unknowing opinion that the citizenry are responsible for the situation with the forest land. Many of the fires originate on land administered by federal ageencies. The sam agencies that are granted insufficient budget to carry out their responsibilities. Nearly all of northern Californians (October) fires were sparked by wind blown trees contacting power lines owned by a private company . The same company that has historically shown they do not budget enough to maintain their facilities (San Bruno gas line inferno and thousands of miles of aerial power lines) while at the same time managing to pay stockholders dividends and their bureaucracy huge salaries. The same company that is under-insured and hopes to pass their liability on to rate-payers.

And who owned those overgrown trees that blew into the power lines?

Why wouldn't the owners of the overgrown not maintained trees have responsibility ?

#2415152 - 12/08/17 08:44 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: autoxcuda]
Guitar Jones Offline
I Live Here

Loc: in a cattle trailer down by th...
Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By srt

And who owned those overgrown trees that blew into the power lines?

Why wouldn't the owners of the overgrown not maintained trees have responsibility ?

Because taking responsibility is not in vogue anymore. Has to be someone else's fault, their childhood upbringing, daddy spanked them or they didn't get a participation trophy for losing. Sprinkles are for winners kid. laugh2

The Scamp is sold, now just two old trucks and one new one.
'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc conversion. Hydroboost coming soon
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NP435, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Magnum 5.2 MPI and NV4500 coming soon.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi!

#2415153 - 12/08/17 08:49 AM Re: Los Angeles Area Fires ........... [Re: srt]
p d'ro Offline
pro stock

Loc: MD
Originally Posted By srt
I walk along a road near our home for excercise/cardio (yes, it's steep). I find an equal amount of butts and cans/paper cups/bottles (al and glass are mainly alcohol). Living in the woods this bothers me a lot. I've got our property close to the road down to mineral soil and mow the 30' swath between our fence and pavement several times a year. The guy across the road noticed my work and has been working clearing his property he mentioned to me he's observed the same. Likely the same person or persons use this stretch as their dumping ground.
Our area is the last stand of forest that has not been burned in the previous 10 yrs. We're removing the last pine and converting the property to oaks and irrigated production (veggies and harvestable trees).

The next time you are in the left lane at a traffic light look at the curb to your left. Around here it is an inch thinck with cigarette butts. If I were a judge I would ask cops to write tickets and waive the fine to impose road clean up duty. All goes into our bay. Inconsiderate. Luckily we get too much rain to burn.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Advertisement
Forum Stats
25,639 Registered Members
32 Forums
195,762 Topics
2,290,777 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
1968 Coronet R/T, have a Tetanus shot $4500 Topeka ks $4500
by bigdad
12/19/18 08:33 AM
1968 Dodge Charger 383 V8 Automatic
by tomsjack
12/19/18 02:42 AM
Why are people still upset about the 4 door Charger?
by DUFFMAN
12/18/18 09:46 PM
Starter issue with JW Ultrabell
by Sammy
12/18/18 09:27 PM