Topic Options
#2414514 - 12/06/17 09:56 PM Rental Car Story
Matt M Offline
mopar

Loc: Georgia
I fly into ATL yesterday.
I had a car reserved with Budget.
I get there and of course no cars....
I am kind of mad because I have a schedule and have a lot going on.
Well, I was mad until this showed up. Upgraded for my trouble.

I know what I am getting because I have a 17 SP Challenger 6 Speed.

I put 700 miles on it and used it like a Farm Animal.

I like my manual better, but it drove nice. Plenty of room and if I needed 4 doors this would be my car.

I cannot believe they rent these out!!
The car had 2200 miles on it.

Attachments
Charger.jpg

#2414517 - 12/06/17 09:58 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
Frankenduster Offline
Moparts proctologist

Loc: Granite Bay CA
At that angle, I'm surprised it didn't stall out.

#2414519 - 12/06/17 10:03 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Frankenduster]
amxautox Online   content
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Originally Posted By Frankenduster
At that angle, I'm surprised it didn't stall out.
It's hurrykane season...

What is it?

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2414528 - 12/06/17 10:17 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead

Loc: Middlesex County, New Jersey
Scat Pack Charger - nice!

#2414560 - 12/07/17 12:03 AM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
Morty426 Online   content
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Last year in Omaha Budget gave me a SP Challenger because I was wearing a Mopar shirt.

Not bad for $47 per day

#2414778 - 12/07/17 01:53 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
topside Offline
I Live Here

Loc: So Near, Yet So Far
Wait 'til they see what the tire life is like on them...back to the V6s!

#2414795 - 12/07/17 02:16 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
sp392 Online   content
master

Loc: Etobicoke
Thank god the dealers around here are required by law to tell you the car was a former daily rental.

#2414808 - 12/07/17 02:46 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: sp392]
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck

Loc: Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
My wife's last two cars were former rentals. not issues AT ALL with them, I will do it again! up

JB Rhinehart, Realist

2018 Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals July 13-14
Hurst Nationals held in conjunction includes
1968 Dodge Dart and Barracuda Hemi Super Stock Reunion!
Expo Center across from the main gate, register online!

#2414868 - 12/07/17 04:38 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: topside]
master

Originally Posted By topside

I had to sign off on how much tread was on the tires when I rented the Challenger SP

#2414885 - 12/07/17 05:05 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
jeff968 Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Nice! At least they don't have to worry about the motors being switched like the Hertz Shelby Mustangs back in the sixties. Too complicated today!!!

#2415137 - 12/08/17 08:20 AM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Morty426]
Matt M Offline
mopar

Originally Posted By Morty426

I had to sign off on how much tread was on the tires when I rented the Challenger SP

Luckily that was not my case.......

#2415235 - 12/08/17 11:24 AM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
master

Originally Posted By Matt M

Luckily that was not my case.......

LOL - Only got to drive the thing 50 miles in 4 days and the conditions were too slick for any fun frown

#2415352 - 12/08/17 03:42 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
Stanton Offline
master

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What's the big deal, Budget rents Mustangs, Camaros and 'vettes - and the prices aren't bad !!

#2415363 - 12/08/17 04:05 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Stanton]
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Mesa, Arizona
My brother passed away back in 11. We hadn't had much of a relationship for over 30 years. In fact never really spoke in that time frame. As the executor of his will I was taking care of his business in Vegas where he lived. He was a postal worker. Upon talking with some of his friends they shared that he always wanted a Challenger.

Anyway, several weeks later we fly into San Diego where he was to be buried at the VA cemetery. Upon getting to the rental car desk we started chit chat with the lady behind the counter while she was getting the paperwork in order for our rental. She asked if we were in town on business or pleasure. I explained that we were in town for my brothers funeral where the graveside would be at the VA cemetery. She asked if he was a veteran and I said that his death was sudden. She excused herself and got on the phone. When she got off the phone she informed us that they were upgrading our car because both me and my brother were veterans.

We finished up the paperwork and proceeded out to the lot. Our wait wasn't long. Up drives a black SRT Challenger. The lot attended handed me they keys fob and says sorry for our loss. I was kinda blown away in that the car was a Challenger.

We hopped in and headed up to Ft Rosencrans where the VA cemetery was located. Nice place overlooking the entrance to San Diego Bay. Since my brother was cremated I went ahead and took him for a final drive. Of course we couldn't resist doing a big smoky burnout in front a navel facility just before the entrance to the cemetery. Somehow, I think he enjoyed that.

Edited by dart4forte (12/08/17 04:05 PM)

#2415385 - 12/08/17 04:58 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
Θάνατος Offline
supercuda

Loc: betwixt the land of the living...
My last duty station was NAS Miramar and I was on the funeral detail the performed burial duties at that cemetery. I was on the honor squad that render the appropriate number of gun salutes. I am not sure I could have done the flag presentation part of that myself.

#2415442 - 12/08/17 06:55 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Stanton]
Matt M Offline
mopar

Originally Posted By Stanton
What's the big deal, Budget rents Mustangs, Camaros and 'vettes - and the prices aren't bad !!

I know they rent those cars, but most are V6's besides the Corvettes.

I guess its not really a big deal.
I just thought it was pretty cool you could rent a 500hp car.

#2415462 - 12/08/17 07:28 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: dart4forte]
master

Originally Posted By dart4forte
My brother passed away back in 11. We hadn't had much of a relationship for over 30 years. In fact never really spoke in that time frame. As the executor of his will I was taking care of his business in Vegas where he lived. He was a postal worker. Upon talking with some of his friends they shared that he always wanted a Challenger.

Anyway, several weeks later we fly into San Diego where he was to be buried at the VA cemetery. Upon getting to the rental car desk we started chit chat with the lady behind the counter while she was getting the paperwork in order for our rental. She asked if we were in town on business or pleasure. I explained that we were in town for my brothers funeral where the graveside would be at the VA cemetery. She asked if he was a veteran and I said that his death was sudden. She excused herself and got on the phone. When she got off the phone she informed us that they were upgrading our car because both me and my brother were veterans.

We finished up the paperwork and proceeded out to the lot. Our wait wasn't long. Up drives a black SRT Challenger. The lot attended handed me they keys fob and says sorry for our loss. I was kinda blown away in that the car was a Challenger.

We hopped in and headed up to Ft Rosencrans where the VA cemetery was located. Nice place overlooking the entrance to San Diego Bay. Since my brother was cremated I went ahead and took him for a final drive. Of course we couldn't resist doing a big smoky burnout in front a navel facility just before the entrance to the cemetery. Somehow, I think he enjoyed that.

That's a great story, thanks for sharing. I'm sure your brother loved it.

#2415524 - 12/08/17 09:10 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Morty426]
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead

Loc: Middlesex County, New Jersey
Originally Posted By dart4forte

That's a great story, thanks for sharing. I'm sure your brother loved it.

iagree

#2415548 - 12/08/17 09:58 PM Re: Rental Car Story [Re: Matt M]
topside Offline
I Live Here

Loc: So Near, Yet So Far
Tip of the hat to Dart4forte; I can't recall ever putting a rental car to any noble use.

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
25,068 Registered Members
32 Forums
185,551 Topics
2,156,562 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Tuff Steering Wheel on 1968 Super Bee
by lockjaw-express
Today at 09:16 PM