#2401437 - 11/10/17 01:05 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Supercuda]
wunderless Offline
master

Loc: o
Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By wunderless
Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted By TooMany62s
We should all hope there's no such thing as extraterrestrial life that's capable of visiting earth flying in UFOs. The Europeans came to North American and found Indians. How did that work out for the Indians? If there are extraterrestrial beings flying UFOs around earth it's unlikely they will view humans as a superior life form.

It didn't work out bad for the Indians in the long run. Now they have houses, cars, medicine, and can buy their food in a store. That's an easier life than they had before. If aliens can cure our ilnesses, and improve our lives, why wouldn't we want to interact with them?

*This is coming from a Canadian perspective where the treatment of our native people was/is absolutely horrific…*
Uhm…
Having their land stolen?
Having many of their family slaughtered?
Having their children abducted?
Having their way of life slowly eradicated?
Living in poverty?
etc.

And that is unique to this particular group of conquered people how?

It's not. Just another victim card being played and that game is now over.

Well, I never said it was unique to them.

But, just because it isn't unique to them doesn't make what happens to them acceptable. It doesn't mean I can't be compassionate and recognize their struggles and eradication of culture. They are often treated as a lower class of people. The game is not over. They still exist, and are still experiencing some of the same struggles their ancestors did.

Regardless, since I'm sure you will have some reply about how I'm wrong or they should just get over it, the point of the comparison was to illustrate how an encounter with a new being may not be pleasant or work out well for the visited party. If people think aliens will come here shake hands and help us further our species it very well may not be the case.

#2401441 - 11/10/17 01:13 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: wunderless]
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck

Loc: Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I just hope it all comes together like the movie Independence Day. Aliens come here, blow away all the big cities, then we kick their butts. It would solve one side of the equation anyway... stirthepot

Edited by Rhinodart (11/10/17 01:14 PM)

JB Rhinehart, Realist

#2401460 - 11/10/17 01:52 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Supercuda]
ChryCoGuy Offline
master

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By wunderless
Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted By TooMany62s
We should all hope there's no such thing as extraterrestrial life that's capable of visiting earth flying in UFOs. The Europeans came to North American and found Indians. How did that work out for the Indians? If there are extraterrestrial beings flying UFOs around earth it's unlikely they will view humans as a superior life form.

It didn't work out bad for the Indians in the long run. Now they have houses, cars, medicine, and can buy their food in a store. That's an easier life than they had before. If aliens can cure our ilnesses, and improve our lives, why wouldn't we want to interact with them?

*This is coming from a Canadian perspective where the treatment of our native people was/is absolutely horrific…*
Uhm…
Having their land stolen?
Having many of their family slaughtered?
Having their children abducted?
Having their way of life slowly eradicated?
Living in poverty?
etc.

And that is unique to this particular group of conquered people how?

It's not. Just another victim card being played and that game is now over.

I don't think you understand the circumstances very well.

First of all, the indigenous people in Canada were "conquered" almost 300 years ago. Yet, they are still treated as second class citizens in the country. Some of their communities don't even have access to clean drinking water.

Our government attempted to eliminate their culture by taking their children and putting them in special school systems designed to take away their native culture and replace it with "Canadian values" - this happened as recently as 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

Quote:
The residential school system harmed Indigenous children significantly by removing them from their families, depriving them of their ancestral languages, exposing many of them to physical and sexual abuse, and forcibly enfranchising them. Disconnected from their families and culture and forced to speak English or French, students who attended the residential school system often graduated unable to fit into either their communities or Canadian society. It ultimately proved successful in disrupting the transmission of Indigenous practices and beliefs across generations. The legacy of the system has been linked to an increased prevalence of post-traumatic stress, alcoholism, substance abuse, and suicide, which persist within Indigenous communities.

On the other hand, in Canada, France was a "conquered nation" when England defeated France after decades of war for control of what would become Canada. However, today the french people in Canada (mainly in Quebec), who are mostly of white European descent, are basically bowed-down to by the government. In fact it's even law in Canada that all labels must have both English and French on them, among many other concessions to their culture.

There is definitely a difference in how "conquered people" have been treated in Canada.

Hopefully that helps you understand the situation a little more clearly. twocents

#2401665 - 11/10/17 08:49 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Superfreak Offline
master

Loc: the great white north
Hey! this a ufo thread, so take the native conversation somewhere else.

#2401701 - 11/10/17 10:00 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: poorboy]
bboogieart Offline
master

Loc: Lost and Spaced
I like the quote from "Contact"
"If we are the only ones, it sure is a waste of space."

Then there is that quote from MIB
"Just think what we'll know tomorrow."

The word universe, as used to describe our place in time and space, to me, says there is no beginning and no end.
If you think you have found the end, what is on the other side?
There has to be something.
I think we all have some of it right.
We will never know just what is and what is not.
The sky is so vast, there has to be other beings of some sort some where.
This doesn't mean any of them or any of us will ever get far enough to find each other. We, here today, will never know.
Maybe some day but not today.
Were they ever here? It is possible, however, not probable. Also not proven beyond any doubt. Maybe we are a transplant, maybe we evolved, again, maybe both. No one can prove or disprove any of it.
If you choose to believe in a Divine Entity.
It does not mean we are the only creatures He, She, It, created.
That my friends, is the purest of vanity.
I look at the night sky and think there must be some one or something somewhere out there.
Were we planted here? Maybe.
Again it can not be proven or disproved.
Does time actually exists? I find it simply our measurement of our own existence. If it was not, we would not need to, or be able to adjust it to suit our needs. Eastern, Standard, Pacific. What the heck does that all mean in the real world? WE did just set our clocks back. However some do not. We also have to run time slower in our satellites in order to keep time with our clocks here on earth. Think of the wheel on a bike. Does the outer perimeter actually go slower then the axle?
Can space be bent? I don't believe it. Just another of our interpretations of something we cannot explain, or prove, or disprove, or even understand entirely.
What I find funny is how the current science is always taught as "fact".
It seems we usually find out we have it half right at best.
I see today's science to be as flawed as any other time.
We will never know one way or the other in this lifetime.

Now is that reincarnation or a belief in heaven?
What is the true difference?
If you are bad, you go to Hell?
Sounds to me like coming back as an animal trapped in a cage and treated like it has no emotion or feelings, there fore it's life, safety, health, or happiness doesn't matter.
Isn't that what some say the aliens do to us?
Mutilate and experiment?
Go ahead, try to explain the difference.
Or???
You must decide for yourself.
Any how, I think I just crossed some kind of line.
Hope I can connect with some of you like this again in the next go round. grin

#2401768 - 11/11/17 04:52 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
fullonmopar Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Napoleon Bonaparte himself often spoke of being kidnapped by beings in flying disc, so who knows?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO

Check out this incident above from 50 years ago when a whole school witnessed an amazing event down under.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Frederick_Valentich

And also the above event which made international news and is still a mystery today.

Edited by fullonmopar (11/11/17 04:59 AM)

#2402005 - 11/11/17 02:19 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Sunroofcuda Offline
master

Loc: Highland, MI.
One could land in my Dad's front yard, bring him aboard & feed him dinner, then let him go & he still wouldn't believe it.
“Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce. They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character.” (Antonin Scalia)

#2402030 - 11/11/17 03:23 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Sunroofcuda]
BSharp Offline
master

Loc: Virginia
I have a friend whose father believed pro wrestling was real and the moon landing was fake.

#2402123 - 11/11/17 05:46 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
360view Offline
master

Loc: USA
My theory is that
All these Alien cultures
(like us too)
naturally want to understand
Black Holes,
get too close to one,
ZZZaaap!

#2402140 - 11/11/17 06:02 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: BSharp]
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
top fuel

Loc: The Great Lakes State
Just as Degrasse-Tyson suggests...we ourselves are made up from the Universe. Our biological bodies have carbon/nitrogen/oxygen etc..just as the Universe has in it. So it goes without saying, that any "life forms"
beyond this planet, that do exist, are indeed our biological brothers, since we are ALL made up of the same stuff! That being said..I truly
believe Donald Trump is an alien..I have never seen another human being
my entire life, more narcissistic and full of himself, than this "person".
I think he is from another planet, on a secret mission to destroy us all!
That's right, you heard it here first, folks!! alien runaway

1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham...400 CI
1972 Plymouth Duster...418 CI Stroker

#2402179 - 11/11/17 07:02 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva]
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
Originally Posted By RoadRunnerLuva
Just as Degrasse-Tyson suggests...we ourselves are made up from the Universe. Our biological bodies have carbon/nitrogen/oxygen etc..just as the Universe has in it. So it goes without saying, that any "life forms"
beyond this planet, that do exist, are indeed our biological brothers, since we are ALL made up of the same stuff! That being said..I truly
believe Donald Trump is an alien..I have never seen another human being
my entire life, more narcissistic and full of himself, than this "person".
I think he is from another planet, on a secret mission to destroy us all!
That's right, you heard it here first, folks!! alien runaway

Well alrighty then...

#2402184 - 11/11/17 07:07 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here

Loc: md
Was that the kiss of death for this thread? shruggy

#2402189 - 11/11/17 07:10 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Mighta been.

Nuttin like screwing up a good thread with a great subject.

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2402223 - 11/11/17 07:48 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: amxautox]
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
top fuel

laugh2 laugh2 laugh2

#2402230 - 11/11/17 08:01 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
Go away roadrunner.

#2402239 - 11/11/17 08:18 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: West Texas
Another Delta Alpha for the ignore like.

#2402244 - 11/11/17 08:31 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Supercuda]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Delta Alpha

haha

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2402248 - 11/11/17 08:38 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Pacnorthcuda]
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
top fuel

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Go away roadrunner.

Im just like the universe...perpetual....ignore me if you like,
but I am entitled to MY opinion, and that's my opinion of aliens.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,963 Registered Members
32 Forums
185,395 Topics
2,148,638 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Anybody used this type of body repair tool.
by IMGTX
28 minutes 28 seconds ago
Serious collectors only
by lilcuda
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Thoughts on this camshaft?
by EV2Bird
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
71 Cuda Grill headlight Ring retainer
by sbhpcb
Yesterday at 10:41 PM