Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2401096 - 11/09/17 03:48 PM Re: What people will pay for a 70 Charger [Re: second 70]
peabodyracing Offline
top fuel

Loc: Minnesota
To the OP, nice that you had the courtesy to not say anything negative about the car. That's tough to do sometimes when someone shows up with a new car purchase, all fired up, and all you can see is the problems they obviously missed.

You were kind enough to recognize they were happy and leave it at that. A good call!

#2401159 - 11/09/17 07:20 PM Re: What people will pay for a 70 Charger [Re: chargervert]
gtx6970 Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Land of Booze and Horses
Originally Posted By chargervert
Second generation Chargers are red hot right now this is the time if you are considering selling the car.

Agreed,
I had the one I just finished out in the driveway a few months back. Someone driving by stopped and asked if it was for sale. Told him no. After some small talk , walking around and looking at the car. He insisted I put a price on it.

So I told him it was not my car, but it would be well into 6 figures to buy it. He didnt blink and asked how deep?
I dont think this guy would have blinked if I told him $100K to own it

I gave his number to the cars owner and told him it was up to him, He has yet to call him , nor does he plan to.

That said, IMO if the OPS car owner is happy , more power to him to fulfil his dream

#2401606 - 11/10/17 07:03 PM Re: What people will pay for a 70 Charger [Re: peabodyracing]
second 70 Offline

Loc: central il.
Thanks Peabody. To tell you the truth after her boyfriend opened the door and banged it into the front fender on my daily driver without even acknowledging it happened I was kinda shocked. She found the car for him and I didn’t want to upset her by telling her he banged the door into my car. It was dark out when it happened but I looked today and it did chip the paint on the wheel lip on my car.

I almost took my truck out of the garage so they could pull inside. So glad I didn’t because that chip would’ve been on the Cuda.

I was kind on the description of this car also. Looked like an old race car someone put perfume on. The short block looked old and worn orange paint that they painted body color over to try and make it look fresh but was chipping off. Had an old Indy valley plate on it but the heads and manifold looked new. Old MT valve covers.
I agree that that black lower paint screams bondo along with the huge amount of new undercoating applied. Flipper

#2401625 - 11/10/17 07:44 PM Re: What people will pay for a 70 Charger [Re: second 70]
bboogieart Offline
master

Loc: Lost and Spaced
Concidering the skill to do things one self being a lot less prevalent.
More and more things being made with the intention of not be maintained.
Financing so easy to get and things being priced out of the, "Save up for it", economy.
Add to this, instant gratification becoming a growing "necessity".
This is quit simply expected.
A lot of people can't see the forest for the trees.
The car is better than mine was when I got it in the early 80's, or will ever be again. It's mine though, and I've owned it for several decades, and had my fun. My Grand kids will have to dispose of it, cause I can not afford to repair it, nor will I ever get rid of it.
I do have other toys to work on and enjoy.
That said, I agree with not bursting the bubble.
As long as the folks that bought it are happy,
Who are we to cloud up their "Sunny Day"?
My biggest issue is that the O.P.s ride got dinged and no one seemed to notice, let alone care.
These are usually the first folks to blurt out about being "Disrespected".
Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now.
Have a good night everyone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,968 Registered Members
32 Forums
185,444 Topics
2,149,254 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics