Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2400094 - 11/07/17 04:04 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: 67SATisfaction]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Men in Black

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2400123 - 11/07/17 05:06 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
sp392 Offline
master

Loc: Etobicoke
Here's a good UFO story - the night police talked with an alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spINrGMxgKA

#2400203 - 11/07/17 07:07 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: amxautox]
Superfreak Offline
master

Loc: the great white north
Originally Posted By amxautox
Men in Black

^^^^^^^ Has to be this ^^^^

#2400399 - 11/08/17 08:59 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: 67SATisfaction]
DaytonaTurbo Offline

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By 67SATisfaction
Originally Posted By Sunroofcuda

I believe evidence DOES exist, but like Roswell, the evidence is covered-up & suppressed.

...because all Gov'ts on earth cooperate to maintain total control over all of the aliens who have travelled lightyears across the galaxy to visit our planet.

No no no, you got it all wrong. Clearly aliens would only visit the USA.

#2400416 - 11/08/17 09:27 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Silver70 Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Rust Belt, SW PA
Unless you have personally saw something that looked like a UFO, like many things, seeing is believing... then I understand why so many people don't believe.

Many years ago we had a pretty close up experience with what we believe was a UFO. There were at least 10 cars parked along the road and watching it. Very large round disc that floated up and made no sound at all. Could have been some experimental aircraft I guess. But I have yet to see anyone making anything similar nearly 30 years later.

#2400512 - 11/08/17 11:47 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Silver70]
ChryCoGuy Offline
master

Loc: Canada
I believe in UFOs - that's Unidentified Flying Objects. What are they? Where are they from? Who knows - they're unidentified.

About 30 years ago I was in a campground and noticed some lights moving up in the sky. They would sit still for awhile and then suddenly move across about 120° of my vision within a couple of seconds to another spot and sit for awhile. It was more than one light doing this, and they appeared to move independently of each other, almost randomly. This went on for about 20 minutes and a buddy was with me seeing the same thing, so I know it wasn't some kind of hallucination on my side.

Have no explanation, but couldn't help but think that no plane or jet that I was familiar with would have the capability of accelerating that quickly, traveling across the sky in a matter of seconds and then stop as quickly. Nor can I imagine the human body being able to withstand such forces during acceleration and deceleration.

To this day I have no idea what it was, nor have I read any reports or news stories about any such phenomenon. shruggy

#2400523 - 11/08/17 12:19 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: sp392]
HoosierTA Offline
master

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Originally Posted By sp392
Here's a good UFO story - the night police talked with an alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spINrGMxgKA

I tried to watch it, but switched over to a video about how to properly rake leaves. It was actually more entertaining.

Spoiler alert!- bags with draw string ties are crucial.

#2400880 - 11/09/17 05:51 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
TooMany62s Offline
pro stock

Loc: Greer, SC
We should all hope there's no such thing as extraterrestrial life that's capable of visiting earth flying in UFOs. The Europeans came to North American and found Indians. How did that work out for the Indians? If there are extraterrestrial beings flying UFOs around earth it's unlikely they will view humans as a superior life form.

#2400895 - 11/09/17 07:28 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: TooMany62s]
BSharp Offline
master

Loc: Virginia
That's Hawking's view. Possible, but not much we can do about it if true. But it could also be that a far more technically advanced alien culture is more ethically advanced as well. We might become pampered pets instead of abused slaves. Or just left alone and observed to see if we survive our own misadventures.

Saturn Run is an entertaining read about first contact.

#2400898 - 11/09/17 07:44 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: West Texas
Ascribing human motivations to alien species is futile.

#2401095 - 11/09/17 03:47 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Sunroofcuda Offline
master

Loc: Highland, MI.
Well, if they do come & mean harm to us, have your harmonica ready..........
“Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce. They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character.” (Antonin Scalia)

#2401100 - 11/09/17 03:57 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: TooMany62s]
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
Originally Posted By TooMany62s
We should all hope there's no such thing as extraterrestrial life that's capable of visiting earth flying in UFOs. The Europeans came to North American and found Indians. How did that work out for the Indians? If there are extraterrestrial beings flying UFOs around earth it's unlikely they will view humans as a superior life form.

Anybody remember the book "To Serve Man" ?

#2401102 - 11/09/17 04:05 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Pacnorthcuda]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda

I saw the movie. shock

Oh, and why do you think mankind is getting fatter and fatter. And we don't even know why...

Oh more... Or was it an Outer Limits episode? work

Edited by amxautox (11/09/17 04:07 PM)

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2401106 - 11/09/17 04:12 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: amxautox]
Pacnorthcuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
Originally Posted By amxautox
Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda

I saw the movie. shock

Oh, and why do you think mankind is getting fatter and fatter. And we don't even know why...

Oh more... Or was it an Outer Limits episode? work

Twilight Zone

#2401138 - 11/09/17 06:20 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: TooMany62s]
Hemi_Joel Offline
master

Loc: Minnesota

It didn't work out bad for the Indians in the long run. Now they have houses, cars, medicine, and can buy their food in a store. That's an easier life than they had before. If aliens can cure our ilnesses, and improve our lives, why wouldn't we want to interact with them?

#2401167 - 11/09/17 07:45 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Superfreak Offline
master

Loc: the great white north
There is some fu-ju talk of ufo's on the news around here the last few days with people seeing strange lights going back and forth in the night sky. eek

#2401207 - 11/09/17 09:43 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
69allen Offline

Loc: Rocket City, USA
My sisters, identical twins, told me they saw a UFO once about 30 years ago. It was moving away a little slowly, then whoosh, gone in a flash. I just kind of shrugged it off...but the way they have acted over the past years has convinced me they told the truth. So, I said to them a while back “ I believe you saw a UFO, but it wasn’t unidentified. It had just dropped both of you off and was hauling azz back to the home planet!!!”

#2401333 - 11/10/17 09:03 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Hemi_Joel]
wunderless Offline
master

Loc: o
Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel

It didn't work out bad for the Indians in the long run. Now they have houses, cars, medicine, and can buy their food in a store. That's an easier life than they had before. If aliens can cure our ilnesses, and improve our lives, why wouldn't we want to interact with them?

*This is coming from a Canadian perspective where the treatment of our native people was/is absolutely horrific…*
Uhm…
Having their land stolen?
Having many of their family slaughtered?
Having their children abducted?
Having their way of life slowly eradicated?
Living in poverty?
etc.
Those things aren't good. I think that was the point he was trying to make.

Now these two arguments are making the assumption aliens that would visit are either friendly and helpful, or malicious and destructive. We have no clue what would motivate aliens. The could bring diseases that would wipe us out, that may be as simple for them as the common cold. Not every integration could be positive nor every interaction negative. It's such a wide open prospect, that it should probably be approached with caution.

#2401357 - 11/10/17 09:55 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: wunderless]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: West Texas
Originally Posted By wunderless

*This is coming from a Canadian perspective where the treatment of our native people was/is absolutely horrific…*
Uhm…
Having their land stolen?
Having many of their family slaughtered?
Having their children abducted?
Having their way of life slowly eradicated?
Living in poverty?
etc.

And that is unique to this particular group of conquered people how?

It's not. Just another victim card being played and that game is now over.

#2401422 - 11/10/17 12:29 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Hemi_Joel]
74RALLYE Offline
pro stock

Loc: A certified culture free zone.
[quote=TooMany62s]

That's like telling a rape victim Hey, you're ugly, but at least you got laid. Reservations generally suck.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,969 Registered Members
32 Forums
185,450 Topics
2,149,402 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Well, I did it. '17 Challenger.
by 68SportFury