Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2399375 - 11/06/17 11:40 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Hemi_Joel Offline
master

Loc: Minnesota
My late brother in law was a pilot. He flew 3 tours in Vietnam, and did some high altitude stuff. Lots of long hours in the night sky, way up there. He said he saw alien ufo's, regularly, their presence was well known, they even trailed him several times. But is was top secret classified. Even the way he said it was not direct. He couldn't come out and say "I saw UFO's". But he still used carefully chosen words to let me know about it. It was extremely scary for him to be trailed by an alien spacecraft, especially the first time.

31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum

#2399388 - 11/06/17 11:57 AM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Hugh Jorgan]
amxautox Offline
Still Retired. Still Posting on Moparts. A Lot.

Loc: On The Boat, On The Lake, Wa. ...
Originally Posted By Hugh Jorgan
Aliens are everywhere on earth. I almost got clipped by a van load of them this morning on my way to work in Dallas.
Newbees to this country?

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

#2399392 - 11/06/17 12:11 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Supercuda]
Hemi_Joel Offline
master

Originally Posted By Supercuda
there in lies the problem. We think we know the limitations of science.

We barely know enough to begin to realize how we don't know enough to ask questions about...

Agreed, we don't yet know what we don't know. Current scientific thinking is dead wrong about many things. Probably most things. If you don't believe that, think about this: 60 years ago, modern scientific thinking said a wheel driven dragster could never exceed 160 mph. 100 years ago, scientific thinking bled the sick by cutting their wrists and with leaches. 600 years ago, scientific thinking told us the earth was flat.
Are we now to believe that science has it all right? Many "facts" of science are based on theories that are assumed right, but can't be proven unless they rely on our limited understanding of space and time.

#2399396 - 11/06/17 12:22 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
67SATisfaction Offline
master

Loc: Albany, NY
In my teens I was absolutely convinced there were UFO"s out there whizzing around. I think I held out romantic hope we'd be visited and welcomed aboard to go explore the Universe!

Then Carl Sagan came along and suggested this:
- What are the odds of our evolution?
- What are the number of planets in our known universe that could support a form of life?
In his proposed calculation these two numbers were about the same... making it reasonable to speculate we could be alone in the known universe. So I began to accept the idea we may be alone, or very close to it..

That was 40 years ago. Now, we know there are an inconceivable number of galaxies in our universe.. and there may be more than one universe, so the chances may be higher...

..Then I had an awesome fun talk with a couple of physicists and an astronomer from Harvard at a dinner party...

Two things came up:

1.) The astronomer said given the time scales of our known universe, it is unlikely any other form of life out there is anywhere near "equal" to us in terms of evolution and technology.

Therefore, if life evolved on other planets it will likely be either millions of years "less evolved" or "more evolved"...

Then,
The chance of the prior form of life having visited us is zero.
The chance of the latter form of life having visited us is higher, but....
The chances of the latter form of life or their technology being recognizable to us, or us to them, is very slim..

Think about showing an iPhone to a Neanderthal (40,000year ago) , or to a Stegosaurus (150mill years ago). That comparison illustrates how we humans would simply not be equipped to comprehend what we are seeing or experiencing.

So, no I don't believe in anything like science-fiction-movie flying saucers or The Roswell Conspiracy or Erik van Daneken's "The Chariots of the Gods"...

2.) The physicists suggested this from popular science: Looking within ourselves.. the language of our genetic code is "written" entirely in 4 elemental "letters".. Maybe researchers are finding sequences that are too structured to be what they would define as "natural". (OK, that's their opinion, right - DNA could be any darned sequence and it'd still be random, not 'created').. but the thought is that our DNA may have been created in a particular "language" and even contain messages.. It is true we have evidence DNA can survive for eons in outer space embedded in rock for instance, and it's conceivable that alien technology could've create DNA-based life forms for their use.. some of which may have escaped to outer space in a meteor strike... Question is could such DNA travel and strike the Earth to 'seed' it?

How's that for an idea of us being visited by Aliens? Think "Prometheus" the movie..

They went even further down the scale to the Boson/Hix particle and how atoms are 'constructed'... the physicists both felt the arrangement of particles to create an atom is so fantastically 'elegant' - that it suggest they were 'designed'... they said they had both become far more 'religious' in their thinking...

it was a fun night.

Cheers,
- Art

Edited by 67SATisfaction (11/06/17 12:22 PM)
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 2.5L SOHC hemi V6, 5-spd transaxle
1994 Alfa Romeo 164LS, 3.0L SOHC 24v hemi V6, 4spd auto ZF
2007 Aston Martin DB9, 6.0L DOHC V12, 6spd full manual transaxle

#2399402 - 11/06/17 12:34 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: 67SATisfaction]
Hemi_Joel Offline
master

Originally Posted By 67SATisfaction

..Then I had an awesome fun talk with a couple of physicists and an astronomer from Harvard at a dinner party...

Two things came up:

1.) The astronomer said given the time scales of our known universe, it is unlikely any other form of life out there is anywhere near "equal" to us in terms of evolution and technology.

Therefore, if life evolved on other planets it will likely be either millions of years "less evolved" or "more evolved"...

So there you have it, a group of scientists with flaws in their theories big enuff to drive a bus through: 1) basing their opinions on "our known universe", ignoring the unknown; and 2) basing their opinions on the theory of evolution, which is in itself very flawed and disputed, and probably not true.

#2399409 - 11/06/17 12:43 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Superfreak Offline
master

Loc: the great white north
I believe there is other life out there but so far away that we will never meet. Our own galaxy being so vast along with the other galaxies that can be seen through the Hubble telescope and the ones that cannot be seen is just mind boggling when you think of the distances between them. This is why I believe that space exploration is just a huge waste of tax payers money. What the hell is sending people to Mars going to accomplish for the better of mankind, absolutely nothing. I love si-fi movies but in reality what is depicted in the movies will never happen. IMHO

#2399412 - 11/06/17 12:55 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Superfreak]
DaytonaTurbo Offline

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By Superfreak
I love si-fi movies but in reality what is depicted in the movies will never happen. IMHO

It's sad to think about but there's a good chance us as a species will cease to exist for one reason or another before we get anywhere close to that point.

#2399415 - 11/06/17 12:58 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Superfreak]
Supercuda Offline
I Live Here

Loc: West Texas
I believe there is other life out there but so far away that we will never meet. Our own galaxy being so vast along with the other galaxies that can be seen through the Hubble telescope and the ones that cannot be seen is just mind boggling when you think of the distances between them. This is why I believe that space exploration is just a huge waste of tax payers money. What the hell is sending people to Mars going to accomplish for the better of mankind, absolutely nothing. I love si-fi movies but in reality what is depicted in the movies will never happen. IMHO

I suggest you google "what has space travel done for us" and cure the gaping hole in your knowledge.

A start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies

#2399424 - 11/06/17 01:09 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Supercuda]
Hemi_Joel Offline
master

Originally Posted By Supercuda

I suggest you google "what has space travel done for us" and cure the gaping hole in your knowledge.

A start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies

Well, I know we got Tang, and pressurized ink pens...

#2399435 - 11/06/17 01:43 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Hemi_Joel]
RapidusMaximus Offline
top fuel

Loc: Haslet, Texas
Does 145 in a 68 B body with bias ply tires count? spank shock
1975 Jeep CJ5
2016 Dodge Ram Hemi 1500

#2399446 - 11/06/17 02:13 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: RapidusMaximus]
Greenwood Offline

Loc: Red Deer, Alberta
I used to be more on the side of being a UFO "believer" than I am now. Despite the proliferation of video recording devices, we haven't really seen a concomitant proliferation of better quality UFO videos. If anything, there's just a lot more laughably bad ones. There are some very compelling stories out there that definitely make you think, however.
Now, if you are even remotely interested in the subject, I encourage you to read the book "Out There", by Howard Blum. It will make your head spin. I'm not saying it will make you a believer, or turn you into a non-believer. What it WILL do, though, is leave you with a list of nagging questions to which there are no solid answers.

#2399462 - 11/06/17 02:41 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
klunick Offline

Loc: Southern Maryland
UFO's just means you can't ID it so yep, they exists. I have a story from about 20 years ago. Lived in Washington DC area. Went out for a date that bombed and came home to my apartment(a highrise). Some buddies rolled up and we got to talking. They decided to park and come on up so I stood waiting for them. I was looking over towards the Washington monument and there was a shape in the sky, about 300 yards long and looked like a brown dirigible(sp) that had a slight glow to it. My buddies walked up and we continued to talk. Went on in after 3 or 4 minutes and once in my apt. one of the guys says, "Don't want to sound wierd, but did anyone just see something odd outside?" What was it, Who knows.

#2399465 - 11/06/17 02:43 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
new bee Offline
Richard Cranium

Loc: portland or
Neil deGrasse Tyson's conversation on the topic is worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o
*2004 VW Passat Wagon
*2004 Mini Cooper S
*1967 Jaguar E-Type FHC

A mall cop is in our midst.

#2399475 - 11/06/17 02:52 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
Dixie Offline
top fuel

Loc: Ball Ground, Georgia
I hope they aren't real. Our Government will try to send them money.
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.

#2399478 - 11/06/17 02:57 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
cudaman1969 Offline
master

Loc: fredericksburg,va
We where "made" "cloned" "made in his image" to do labor, on a very mineral rich planet a long time ago. Easier to get local help than use that energy crossing the galaxy with all the laborers on some vessel. "They" went away and left the "trash" to fend for themselves. The laborers needed some intelligence to do the work, hence here we are with a short lifespan. 12 to 24 year olds are the best workers, look at the military, who do they prefer. So yea, I think we've been visited. Life is hard to start on its own, easier to just disperse around the galaxy. Just like Johny Appleseed. One thing about exploration, hard to wipe out a race if you're in two or more places. If we dont move we're doomed.

#2399492 - 11/06/17 03:20 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: mopars4ever]
360view Offline
master

Loc: USA
Should we ask for "one-way" volunteers to go create space colonies?

Anyone on Moparts ready to volunteer?

As a miner I wonder if we could pay for colonies by sending back gold, platinum iridium, etc

https://warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/cancer_cells_destroyed/

#2399520 - 11/06/17 04:09 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: Superfreak]
Ramrod39 Offline
master

Loc: Tucson, AZ
...I believe that space exploration is just a huge waste of tax payers money.

For Fiscal Year 2018, NASA's budget is 0.4% of the total federal budget. I think the amount of knowledge and technology we gain is a deal.

#2399521 - 11/06/17 04:11 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: DaytonaTurbo]
Ramrod39 Offline
master

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo

It's sad to think about but there's a good chance us as a species will cease to exist for one reason or another before we get anywhere close to that point.

Over 99% of all species that ever lived on this planet are now extinct. Humans are headed down the same path. The only difference is that we will get there MUCH more quickly than most other species.

#2399523 - 11/06/17 04:14 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: 360view]
I_bleed_MOPAR Offline
master

Loc: North GA
Have to say I believe in them. blush

When I was about 9 ('64), I was lying in bed one night looking out my window. In the distance was a tree line with a gap between trees that was maybe an 1/8th of a mile in length. As I was looking, 2 objects came through the gap followed by a much larger object that was followed by 2 smaller ones identical to the first 2. All appeared to be disc shaped and were white and glowing. Looked like this. - - o - -
Was it actually UFOs? shruggy I can remember it as clearly now as if it happened last night.
Call me crazy.......

Tim

#2399658 - 11/06/17 07:34 PM Re: UFO`s Believe or not believe? [Re: I_bleed_MOPAR]
Satilite73 Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Between Houston & Galveston TX

I would hope there are higher evolved life forms out there. If we're it, that seems kinda depressing. frowwn

In the end, we'll probably learn that we're actually in a forgotten petri dish in a lab somewhere.....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,962 Registered Members
32 Forums
185,363 Topics
2,148,098 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Wrist Pin Failure - Why and Now What?
by markz528