Alright, I just pulled the trigger on the following for my 69 Satellite Wagon:
1) 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi with 43k (Complete with accessories)
2) 2009 Ram 545RFE RWD with 46k
3) 2010 Ram 5.7 Hemi ECM
4) 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi Gas Pedal and O2 sensors (from the engine donor)
5) Hotwire Harness (and they will reprogram the ECM when I send it to them)
I pick the engine, tranny and ECM up on Saturday morning.
Hotwire harness should be done soon after I get a chance to go over the motor and needed items with them.
I am a newbie at this Hemi swap thing, I've just been generally reading about it for years and wanting to do it.
I decided to call Hotwire after hearing all of their great recommendations and went with the advice of Chris at Hotwire on what components to buy.
The car currently has a stock 69 A/C equipped 318 with a 26'' radiator.
It runs good, but the 318 is slow and leaky and the A/C isn't connected.
I want close to 400HP and a turn-key, A/C equipped car I can comfortably drive anywhere.
I have a bunch of Hemi swap questions, but I'm not all that sure this is the place on Moparts, so just tell me to go somewhere else if I'm not asking in the right place.
I'll just get started asking them and see if anyone has thoughts:
1) Can I run the stock 13 Ram power steering pump with my stock 69 steering box or am I going to have to go to something else due to size and pressure considerations? If so, what, the Borgeson box?
2) Can I re-use my stock radiator? It is in pretty good shape and doesn't leak.
3) What are people using to reliably get enough fuel to one of these motors? A couple of years ago I put a brand new tank in this car. Should I cut into it and use an Aeromotive Stealth or is there something less expensive I can use that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't whine too badly if it is mounted outside the tank?
4) What are people using with a 545RFE as a tranny crossmember?
5) The car is currently column shifted. I will be building a custom center console for it as part of this swap and swapping to console shift, what are people using so shift these 545RFEs?
6) Is the Milodon oil pan still the go-to for swaps? I need that and the pick up as well, right?
7) What is the best way to get the A/C working without spending a ton of extra money? The car is set up for it from the factory, but I've never used it because it was disconnected when I bought the car.
8) Anything I should consider doing for maintenance to this 13 Hemi motor before I put it into the car? I want to make sure once it is in it doesn't need to come out immediately, but I bought a fairly low mileage motor so I wouldn't have to spend big bucks on maintenance right off the bat.
That's all I can think of for now - thanks for your help as always Moparts!