Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2369172 - 09/11/17 11:32 PM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: Morty426]
Jim_Lusk Online   content
I Live Here

Loc: Fresno, CA
Originally Posted By Morty426
So what are you supposed to do with a significant car with no fender tag (supposedly being held hostage by Colorado Car Pimp) and no Broadcast Sheet?

If you want pedigree, walk away. It really is that simple. If you want an original car and don't care about pedigree, go for it with the full understanding that it will be difficult to sell later for big money.

#2369184 - 09/11/17 11:44 PM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: Jim_Lusk]
moparpollack Online   content
I Live Here

Loc: 85086
How many cars truly got the original build sheet? My coronet 500 convertible has the build sheet for a R/T convertible. Does that make my car more valuable?

I think the sheet and tag are only taken into account when someone is selling you something they think you should pay more for than you need too. Like a one owner or two owner car. Who cares when the person buying it from you will be the 3rd or fourth owner unless you title skip. grin

#2369245 - 09/12/17 05:10 AM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: Jim_Lusk]
Morty426 Offline
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Originally Posted By Jim_Lusk
So what are you supposed to do with a significant car with no fender tag (supposedly being held hostage by Colorado Car Pimp) and no Broadcast Sheet?

If you want pedigree, walk away. It really is that simple. If you want an original car and don't care about pedigree, go for it with the full understanding that it will be difficult to sell later for big money.

What I want is to build it as close to how it was built as possible.

My heirs can worry about money

#2369663 - 09/12/17 06:58 PM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: second 70]
fig426 Offline
top fuel

Loc: East Coast, NJ
Originally Posted By second 70
Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Quote:
This would be a good time to ask a question about my car. The tag on my car looks like a repo. The tag and vin says my car was a BS23NOB. . So a 383 cuda. The tag says 4 speed and it looks like factory tunnel. All panels match Vin. And has factory front tourque boxes. Also appears the b5 color was original.

Since all the original driveline is gone and now has a mega block hemi,4-speed,Dana,shakerhood,ralley dash,power steering and brakes does the repo tag hurt it?

The repo tag has not been changed to include any of these upgrades. Only shows 383 4-speed, 8 3/4, manual brakes &steering etc.

Also since it isn't a day one hemi cuda reproduction would it still be Considered a clone?

Thanks Mike

If the reproduction tag is not backed up with the original tag or the original broadcast sheet than nothing on the reproduction tag carries any weight concerning what options the car should or should not have. Also, a BIG red flag that there may be more to your cars story than you are aware of is those front torque boxes, they could be a factory mistake but the car shouldn't have them, I'd bet dollars to donuts that they were added.

Scott how many donuts can I bet? lol Definitely factory welding on front torque boxes. Seems to be quite a few 383 cudas with the front boxes. Why who knows.
I like donuts!! Don't judge me .

#2369953 - 09/13/17 09:43 AM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: RoadRunnerLuva]
DaytonaTurbo Offline

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By RoadRunnerLuva
Take my recent purchase into account. A 1972 Duster I bought in southwestern PA. a few weeks ago.
It was born with a 318 2bbl.....But the fender tag was lost when the car was re-painted in the 90's. Still has original vin tag on I-Panel. Even though I don't have a fender tag, I have more than enough paperwork, to prove what it originally "was" when brand new. It's not by any means a rare car, but having all the paperwork to make up for the lost tag, put my mind at ease.

To be fair, being a 318 car, having or not having a tag or sheet really makes no difference on value.

Originally Posted By Jim_Lusk

Agreed. Either you walk away or buy it knowing the reduced value and increased difficulty you will get if you ever go to sell it. Personally in this case I would rather have a clone car so to not even have to fight that battle.

#2369975 - 09/13/17 10:19 AM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: bballfan1]
WO23Coronet Offline
master

Loc: Canada
To me a car with no tag or sheet is valued at what the least desirable car of the model is. If you have a 440-6 '70 Road Runner with no tag/sheet (but a good vin) its worth what a green on green (sorry green lovers, not a slight but it is what it is) base bones column shift auto 8 3/4 3.23 440-6 '70 RR is, regardless of what you think it came from the factory with, maybe even abit less because of the stigma.

#2370534 - 09/14/17 01:57 AM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: DaytonaTurbo]
RoadRunnerLuva Offline
top fuel

Loc: The Great Lakes State
Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
[quote=RoadRunnerLuva]Take my recent purchase into account. A 1972 Duster I bought in southwestern PA. a few weeks ago.
It was born with a 318 2bbl.....But the fender tag was lost when the car was re-painted in the 90's. Still has original vin tag on I-Panel. Even though I don't have a fender tag, I have more than enough paperwork, to prove what it originally "was" when brand new. It's not by any means a rare car, but having all the paperwork to make up for the lost tag, put my mind at ease.

To be fair, being a 318 car, having or not having a tag or sheet really makes no difference on value. (quote)

I never said my Duster was a "rare valuable original" car. I was just pointing out, that even though it has been upgraded to ALOT more horsepower/accessories...
it STILL has ALL of it's factory AND dealer original paperwork that came with my purchase! Which to me personally is very nice to have! I know the whole history of the car since it was brand new, which alot of people don't have on their cars. On the flip side, My '73 Charger is an original factory built 400 HP Magnum car, with both fender tags and BOTH broadcast sheets in my possession, but I don't have the complete history on the car.

1973 Dodge Charger SE...400 Magnum H.P. built car. FOR SALE!
1972 Plymouth Duster...418" small block, FAST!!

#2370598 - 09/14/17 09:24 AM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: bballfan1]
jeff968 Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I got a VERY good deal on my T/A because it was missing the fender tag and buildsheet. Granted, the VIN told the story that it was a T/A (JH23J0B) and all the body stamping numbers were there. T/As also come fairly well equipped but nothing could really be confirmed. But I was okay with that. Then someone found my buildsheet!!!

#2370932 - 09/14/17 07:24 PM Re: How much does no tag or broadcast sheet hurt the value? [Re: jeff968]
Morty426 Offline
master

Loc: Sacramento CA
Originally Posted By jeff968
Then someone found my buildsheet!!!

up

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,841 Registered Members
32 Forums
183,328 Topics
2,121,611 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
A-727 help
by reno340
09/25/17 11:51 PM
Repop Hemi Owner's Manuals
by 6PakBee
09/25/17 10:29 PM
Anyone measure A/F Ratio using multimeter with an O2 sensor?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 10:00 PM
How to avoid oil on small block headers at oil change?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 09:52 PM