03/07/17 04:49 PM
03/07/17 04:49 PM
Az
Crizila Offline OP
master
Crizila  Offline OP
master

Az
Have a friend that just bought one. No engine or trans. All else original ( what's there that is ) smirk It needs - - - -everything!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fastest 300
Re: 1936 Dodge coupe [Re: Crizila] #2265212
03/07/17 11:25 PM
03/07/17 11:25 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
So many questions!
He must have had a reason to buy the car, does he have any thoughts?
What does he want to do with the car? Driver? Show car? Rat rod? Pro-street? Drag racer?
Does he have any skills and tools/equipment?
Will this be a do it yourself or a hire it done project? Or what % will be what?
Does he have any family that he wants to involve or that will be involved?

Is the original frame intact and in usable condition?
Is the front axle and springs still there?
Is the body mostly complete, or what is missing?

Can't really send you anywhere until we have an idea of what he has in mind. Gene

Re: 1936 Dodge coupe [Re: poorboy] #2265225
03/08/17 12:00 AM
03/08/17 12:00 AM
Az
Crizila Offline OP
master
Crizila  Offline OP
master

Az
Originally Posted By poorboy
So many questions!
He must have had a reason to buy the car, does he have any thoughts?
What does he want to do with the car? Driver? Show car? Rat rod? Pro-street? Drag racer?
Does he have any skills and tools/equipment?
Will this be a do it yourself or a hire it done project? Or what % will be what?
Does he have any family that he wants to involve or that will be involved?

Is the original frame intact and in usable condition?
Is the front axle and springs still there?
Is the body mostly complete, or what is missing?

Can't really send you anywhere until we have an idea of what he has in mind. Gene
Driver / show car. Highly skilled - has all the tools - not new to this. He will be doing 95% of the work himself. He has a well outfitted shop. Finished car will actually be for his wife and she will be involved with the build. Original frame is in tact ( not sure of condition ), along with the front and rear suspension - obviously antiquated ). Not sure how much of it he wants to use? Body is complete, but very rough. Floors are mostly gone and some sections of the lower body. All fenders, running boards, hood, cowl, need lots of work. Missing some interior trim and dash parts ( dash is there - more or less ). Think he wants to keep the body relatively stock looking( no chop, channel, etc ). Car has no drive train and he will update with late model stuff ( engine, trans, diff - probably GM frown ). No interior in it. Left front fender my not be saveable IMO? Needs a grill, gas tank, all brakes. I will post pics soon. A major project IMO, but doable and it will be cool when it's done - if he lives that long. work Thanks Gene.

Fastest 300