02/11/09 11:58 AM
02/11/09 11:58 AM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline OP
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline OP
I Live Here

the boonies
Has anyone ever measured their ratio to see if they are 1.5 or something less? I am running the T/A heads with the stock offset adjust T/A rockers (bushed and rebuilt by RAS).

Ive never measured the ratio on these but I am am curious as to how close to 1.5 they are. I know there is a company that sells some really high dollar T/A offset rockers but they were close to $1000 if i recall. I wouldn't even consider that kind of expendature unless I knew my current rockers were shorting me on lift

Re: T/A Adjustable Rockers [Re: aarcuda] #221034
02/11/09 01:11 PM
02/11/09 01:11 PM
Florida
Locomotion Offline
master
Locomotion  Offline
master

Florida
If RAS rebuilt and bushed them, they should be closer to advertised than OEM. But with all the variables, including the OEM lifter and pushrod angles, a true 1.5 rocker will still not give 100% of the advertised lift. If you need a precise lift, you would need to go a little bit over on the rocker ratio or a little bit over on the cam lift to make up for the less than optimum geometry.

Either way, you would need to do a lot of measuring making sure to have the lifter pushrod cup is in the exact same location as the lifters you're using. Hydraulics will collapse a bit and using a different pushrod cup height and/or different length pushrod will throw off the measurements.

Re: T/A Adjustable Rockers [Re: Locomotion] #221035
02/11/09 02:01 PM
02/11/09 02:01 PM
the boonies
aarcuda Offline OP
I Live Here
aarcuda  Offline OP
I Live Here

the boonies
i don't need a precise lift. I just want as close as possible. i was reading all these posts about different combos and such and see their hp dyno numbers and notice that theres a lot of variation between very similar builds using cams that are very close.

so i got to thinking about rocker arms and how if a factory rocker arm ratio for the stamped steel rockers were only 1.46 or so, that that may be a big factor as to why that particular motor didnt make as much power as someone with some aftermarker rockers that were right on 1.5 ratio.

So then i thought "what about my TA rockers? are they 1.46? less? closer to 1.5?" I donnt know cause I never checked. I'd like to get as much out of my egine as possible and a rocker arm change is easy. not cheap at $1000 but easy...

so i figured I'd ask if anyone ever checked them