02/03/09 12:02 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Well while I will agree that math plays a role in this equation there are no absolutes to it. That is one place you will certainly have an issue with the math theory. I have read Morgans book and sometimes it is just as simple as math. I consider the math a good starting point that will get you in the ballpark. After that you have to try different things to see what is optimal for your car.

Having a little more intimate knowledge of the car in question I think the 140's are worth a shot no matter what.

Like I said.... you have them.... try them

Re: Chassis/Suspension Guys - Rear Spring Rates [Re: MR_P_BODY] #212329
02/03/09 12:12 PM
02/03/09 12:12 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Just git 'er done

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Chassis/Suspension Guys - Rear Spring Rates [Re: BloFish] #212330
02/03/09 02:49 PM
02/03/09 02:49 PM
Chowchilla,ca
Chassisman Offline
master
Chassisman  Offline
master

Chowchilla,ca
Throw in the 140's...make sure the bolt to bolt is correct on only 1" of preload if their to far extended out of range the 140's are too stiff...but will work...if the bolt to bolt is too close together then their too light(not likely)....get your ride height as close to level as possible...set your bottom bar level or 5 max nose down...top bar 10 degrees and then plot it out...try to hit that 44-47 and 5.5-6.5 up and let her FLY !!!!....now the shock settings will need to be approx 4-6 full stiff on compression and 3-6 full stiff on rebound.Then sneek up on it...make one adjustment at a time...yes your TNT time is limited...Bill...it's gonna take time to get it dialed in...there is no other magic bullet to change that...passes...passes....passes!

Re: Chassis/Suspension Guys - Rear Spring Rates [Re: Chassisman] #212331
02/03/09 03:11 PM
02/03/09 03:11 PM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline OP
master
Lil Demon  Offline OP
master
L

Riverside, California
Quote:

Throw in the 140's...make sure the bolt to bolt is correct on only 1" of preload if their to far extended out of range the 140's are too stiff...but will work...if the bolt to bolt is too close together then their too light(not likely)....get your ride height as close to level as possible...set your bottom bar level or 5 max nose down...top bar 10 degrees and then plot it out...try to hit that 44-47 and 5.5-6.5 up and let her FLY !!!!....now the shock settings will need to be approx 4-6 full stiff on compression and 3-6 full stiff on rebound.Then sneek up on it...make one adjustment at a time...yes your TNT time is limited...Bill...it's gonna take time to get it dialed in...there is no other magic bullet to change that...passes...passes....passes!

I see you got my PM I'm assuming the shock settings are FROM full stiff?

Re: Chassis/Suspension Guys - Rear Spring Rates [Re: Lil Demon] #212332
02/03/09 03:18 PM
02/03/09 03:18 PM
Chowchilla,ca
Chassisman Offline
master
Chassisman  Offline
master

Chowchilla,ca
Quote:

Quote:

YES...thats just a quick base line...you really need a video person there shooting down the pass. side of the car like we've talked about before.....what you feel and what actually happens outside the car are entirely different. ....and for some reason a lil voice told me to check moparts this morning....maybe it was the mexico hangover devil pounding my brain....LOL

Re: Chassis/Suspension Guys - Rear Spring Rates [Re: Chassisman] #212333
02/03/09 04:58 PM
02/03/09 04:58 PM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline OP
master
Lil Demon  Offline OP
master
L

Riverside, California
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YES...thats just a quick base line...you really need a video person there shooting down the pass. side of the car like we've talked about before.....what you feel and what actually happens outside the car are entirely different. ....and for some reason a lil voice told me to check moparts this morning....maybe it was the mexico hangover devil pounding my brain....LOL

<---- (Mexico Hangover Devil)

Page 2 of 2 1 2