Southington Ct.
T
turbobitt Offline OP
super stock
turbobitt  Offline OP
super stock
T

Southington Ct.
I have a World Hemi block with the full time oiling to the heads. My heads are Indy's with provisions for oil restrictors. The Block has the restictors but should I not use them and restrict at the heads ? It would seem to me that I would have more flexability if I restricted at the heads.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.
Re: World products head oiling question [Re: turbobitt] #208903
01/31/09 12:18 AM
01/31/09 12:18 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Online rolleyes
I Win
JohnRR  Online Rolleyes
I Win

U.S.S.A.
If you can access the restrictors with the heads bolted on then it would only make sense to do it that way .

Re: World products head oiling question [Re: turbobitt] #208904
01/31/09 01:50 AM
01/31/09 01:50 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I built a new pump gas street Hemi motor for a customer using the new World block last summer, I removed the in block oil restrictor to measure the I.D. of it. it was .040 so I put it back in. The cam is groove to oil the rockers full time and it is in a street car that has around 1500 street miles in it now, the rockers are a set of the stainless Stage 5 and that restrictor sizes seems just about right to me. I have ran the motor with the valve covers off and inspected the push rod ends and rocker shafts and so on several times looking for oil starvation, nothing bad so far. The top end seems to be getting more than enough lubrication and it is not floodiing the top end with oil like I have seen on other Hemi motors with full time oiling to the rockers with out a resrtictor. The choice is yours. I agree it is pronbally a lot smarter to have access to the restrictor without having to pull the heads to change the restrictor size

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: World products head oiling question [Re: Cab_Burge] #208905
01/31/09 11:10 AM
01/31/09 11:10 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Online rolleyes
I Win
JohnRR  Online Rolleyes
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

I built a new pump gas street Hemi motor for a customer using the new World block last summer, I removed the in block oil restrictor to measure the I.D. of it. it was .040 so I put it back in. The cam is groove to oil the rockers full time and it is in a street car that has around 1500 street miles in it now, the rockers are a set of the stainless Stage 5 and that restrictor sizes seems just about right to me. I have ran the motor with the valve covers off and inspected the push rod ends and rocker shafts and so on several times looking for oil starvation, nothing bad so far. The top end seems to be getting more than enough lubrication and it is not floodiing the top end with oil like I have seen on other Hemi motors with full time oiling to the rockers with out a resrtictor. The choice is yours. I agree it is pronbally a lot smarter to have access to the restrictor without having to pull the heads to change the restrictor size

Cab , doesn't the world block oil directly from the galleys and not thru the #4 cam bearing journal ?

Re: World products head oiling question [Re: JohnRR] #208906
01/31/09 11:59 AM
01/31/09 11:59 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Yes it takes the oil right from the oil galley, not the cam like the older stock and Mega blocks did.

As for restricting the oil IIRC my Mega had an .040" restriction. Obviously is you choose to leave the one that comes in the block the only way to increase or decrease the orifice size is to remove the heads. So IF you want flexibility to change it then you would need to do so at the heads.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: World products head oiling question [Re: JohnRR] #208907
01/31/09 06:16 PM
01/31/09 06:16 PM
Southington Ct.
T
turbobitt Offline OP
super stock
turbobitt  Offline OP
super stock
T

Southington Ct.
Quote:

Quote:

Cab , doesn't the world block oil directly from the galleys and not thru the #4 cam bearing journal ?

The World block does oil direct and not from the cam bearing. This is why they provide a .040 restrictor. I am just wondering what people are doing on there build. The Indy Legend heads that I am using have provisions for restriters under the shafts and obviosly easier to access once the engine is assembled.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.
Re: World products head oiling question [Re: turbobitt] #208908
02/01/09 02:09 AM
02/01/09 02:09 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Online rolleyes
I Win
JohnRR  Online Rolleyes
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The World block does oil direct and not from the cam bearing. This is why they provide a .040 restrictor. I am just wondering what people are doing on there build. The Indy Legend heads that I am using have provisions for restriters under the shafts and obviosly easier to access once the engine is assembled.

i'd use the head restrictors , remove the ones in the block