Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2014689
02/18/16 03:17 PM
02/18/16 03:17 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline OP
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline OP
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
This is a link to a change.org petition that will go to members of Congress. Please go to the petition, read it and sign. Leave a comment if you desire.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-th...medium=copylink

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2018062
02/23/16 02:34 PM
02/23/16 02:34 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline OP
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline OP
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Thanks to everyone calling, emailing and spreading the word, this issue is getting noticed. Marco Rubio has posted on his website his opposition to these new regulations with a link to the Whitehouse petition, encouraging people to sign it.

Also, EPA has reopened the public comment period for these regs.

An EPA spokeswoman has said “The EPA remains primarily concerned with cases where the tampered vehicle is used on public roads, and more specifically with aftermarket manufacturers who sell devices that defeat emission control systems on vehicles used on public roads.”

They intend to go after anything with tags on it that has had ANY modifications. More important is their intention to go after the aftermarket manufacturers, fine and penalize them and attempt to force them to stop making the parts and pieces we use.

Go to the link and leave your comments for the EPA here...

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=NHTSA-2014-0132-0001

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2018089
02/23/16 03:23 PM
02/23/16 03:23 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
I believe that anyone with a street rod will
end up having a problem... hell my 416 is better
now with injection than it was when it was new with
a carb.. the engine didnt have a cat on it originally
but the Rampage did have a cat and that was it... but
here in Mich we dont have any emission testing, havent
had it for years... and there was a ruling that said if
it cost more than $300 to correct any emissions parts on
it it would be exempt... but now days I have no idea what
they will do(EPA)and will the cops be made to enforce it..
this sure could play hell for us drag week guys.. I've
done all I can do with calls and e-mails to the reps and
senators but EPA thinks they are GOD and all they have
to say is that they are cleaning up the air... but big
factories are still pouring out crap into the air and
into the water
wave

Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2018109
02/23/16 04:00 PM
02/23/16 04:00 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
I wish there was a petition to completely de-fund the EPA altogether. They are nothing but a splinter group of America hating commies, f'em.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: 72Swinger] #2018130
02/23/16 04:41 PM
02/23/16 04:41 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I wish there was a petition to completely de-fund the EPA altogether. They are nothing but a splinter group of America hating commies, f'em.

They have there place BUT they have gone way
too far and in many cases in the wrong direction
but your right... with this latest thing they will
kill the hot rods all together(if they get their way)
wave

Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2020470
02/26/16 10:26 PM
02/26/16 10:26 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Originally Posted By CMcAllister
This is a link to a change.org petition that will go to members of Congress. Please go to the petition, read it and sign. Leave a comment if you desire.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-th...medium=copylink

I've signed it myself, and I've sent an e-mail to a bunch of friends and family members who I believe will also take issue w/ the proposed regulations and sign the petition, too.

I signed my e-mail: "Thanks, and rev on!"

Brad

Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: BradH] #2027523
03/08/16 10:16 PM
03/08/16 10:16 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Got this email a few hours ago. Seems like they have been asleep at the wheel, for an industry that is nearly 100% effected by this edict. tsk

But the proposed legislation would keep things as they are, they need to put the genie back in the bottle.

"
Urgent: Support Legislation to Overturn EPA Race Car Regulation!

Attention Motorsports Professionals:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed a regulation to prohibit conversion of vehicles originally designed for on-road use into race cars. The regulation would also make the sale of certain products for use on such vehicles illegal. The regulation would impact all vehicle types, including the sports cars, sedans and hatch-backs commonly converted strictly for use at the track.

The good news is that SEMA is at the forefront of an effort to prevent the EPA regulation from taking effect and we have an action step that you can take to help get the job done!

Congressional legislation (H.R. 4715), the “Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2016” (RPM Act), has been introduced. The language in H.R. 4715 makes clear that competition-only cars, including converted street vehicles, are excluded from EPA regulation under the Clean Air Act.

Please contact your member of Congress and urge them to support the RPM Act by clicking here.

PRI is proud to partner with SEMA on this critical issue. For the future of your business and the sport of auto racing, we ask that you join us in the worthwhile fight!

Thank you.

John Kilroy
Publisher of Performance Racing Industry Magazine
Producer of the PRI Trade Show
PERFORMANCE RACING INDUSTRY
Office 949.499.5413
SHOW :: MAGAZINE :: WEB

Twitter :: Facebook :: Linked-In :: Instagram :: YouTube

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at 949.499.5413 and destroy the original transmission. Thank you.

Performance Racing Industry, 31706 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2027631
03/09/16 12:41 AM
03/09/16 12:41 AM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
If it keeps things the way they are then why is it in new regulations? I don't trust my govt one iota, and especially the climate extremist sector.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: CMcAllister] #2027638
03/09/16 01:07 AM
03/09/16 01:07 AM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: EPA vs. race cars, if you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #2027667
03/09/16 01:46 AM
03/09/16 01:46 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI

Thanks for the new link guys... done... anything
that will keep the EPA at bay
wave

Re: If you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: AndyF] #2027696
03/09/16 02:57 AM
03/09/16 02:57 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted By AndyF
EPA would lose that lawsuit. They don't have jurisdiction once the car isn't on a Federal roadway. The current EPA admin is trying very hard to expand their control. They have lost almost every lawsuit so far and will continue to lose them as long as the Supreme Court membership stays the same. We'll see what happens with the next admin. Could get worse or could get better.

The membership did change. Thus if a suit is lost against the epa, an appeal that goes to the Supremes wont matter. It would take a majority vote and since they do not in fact vote based on law, but rather ideology. A tie would leave the lost suit intact. The current configuration leaves a tie in a hyper partisan case the outcome. Vice versa a lower court blocking the epa action would hold as well.

Both of those are moot if a democrat installs the next justice, as they would then crown the epa the winner. A suit in this case will take years to get that far anyway.

Not a political post. Explaining the mechanics of the system.

I want my fair share
Re: If you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: SomeCarGuy] #2027821
03/09/16 01:02 PM
03/09/16 01:02 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: If you race and/or build cars, read this. [Re: jcc] #2028504
03/10/16 01:31 PM
03/10/16 01:31 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Just a friendly reminder. This linked proposed legislation got drafted because of a vocal outcry from many, and it seems got the attention of at least of three people who who can fix this. However, unless a few hundred of their colleagues agree, nothing will improve. We are not out of the woods yet. A note to your representative, etc, encouraging enactment, so they can feel which way the wind is blowing, will certainly help get this enacted. They don't do much good for us on their own, unless they feel the heat, IMO. Keep at it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3