Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Quote:

Quote:

So, no talk about "suppressing" and so on.

there's a reason the electronics manufacturers warn against using solid core wires and it's not to sell you supression wires. anyone that's been in the automotive field long enough has seen problems due to either bad wires and/or solid core wires when using electronics. for a magneto or old breaker type ignition they're fine but for anything else with electronics you need a quality supression wire. imho there's darn little if any difference between any of the quality wires out there and installation is more important than the wire at that point. how many factories can possibly be making the bulk wire anyhow? there's a lot of "branding" and marketing going on.

You are correct. You'd be suprised on how little manufacturers there really are. One thing is for certain, you can only get our Firecore50 through us. We are the sole sellers of our type of core. We even manufacture wires for several private labels out there. There is a big difference between most of the wire types out there. Take Taylor for example. Ours and MSD's core is three times as thick as Taylors. Its a good wire, but Dyno guys who have run comparisons have seen the difference. Ultra 40's are the closest comparison to the quality and performance that our 8.5mm Firecore50 wire delivers, and there are distinct EGT difference's there, ours being higher.. It's also very important for a consistant spark with the terminals and type of crimps used. Most manufacturers out there use a fold and crimp method. It's not near as safe to the core as the dual crimp that MSD and we use. Also, the material used determines how long the terminal is good for.. Brass and steel terminals conduct great, but their constant on and off of the plugs cause them to loosen up on their "snap" fit. Stainless steel and a tensioned stainless steel lock are by far the surest way to maintain the snap, as used by us.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: Spark Plug Wires - Whats the deal ? [Re: sunroofgtx] #197604
01/20/09 04:23 AM
01/20/09 04:23 AM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

communist bloc of new jersey
as you mentioned the boots and terminals are oh-so important as well as routing which is often overlooked. while most of the wires today can withstand the ignitions output insulation puncture from high voltage is always a concern. can you comment on who is making the wire without divulging any proprietary info and/or who Moroso gets their wire from?

Re: Spark Plug Wires - Whats the deal ? [Re: jamesc] #197605
01/20/09 10:19 AM
01/20/09 10:19 AM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline
master
Lil Demon  Offline
master
L

Riverside, California
I believe Moroso makes their own - in house factory.

Re: Spark Plug Wires - Whats the deal ? [Re: Lil Demon] #197606
01/20/09 12:06 PM
01/20/09 12:06 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Yes, in Dayton...

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2