master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Originally Posted By DaveRS23
iagree Good for the SO guys.

And good for us, too.

^^^ iagree cause it sure isn't the nhra doing it for us^^^
I don't see them putting spectators in the stand.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: racerx] #1969516
12/14/15 04:20 PM
12/14/15 04:20 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By racerx
Originally Posted By DaveRS23
iagree Good for the SO guys.

And good for us, too.

^^^ iagree cause it sure isn't the nhra doing it for us^^^
I don't see them putting spectators in the stand.

And wait til it takes 5-6 Nationals to get a 16 car field in Pro Stock because of the idiotic rules NHRA implemented. Let me say again I have no issue with EFI. I have an issue with making ONE company THE supplier. And making every one switch to EFI. Let the carbs and EFI run together. Let them have a scoop or not. But the lunatics who run the asylum are NOT racers. They are a buch of overpaid wonks.

Rant off.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969551
12/14/15 04:57 PM
12/14/15 04:57 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Nothing wrong with ONE company supplying the EFI. That's the way it is in nearly every other form of motorsports as well. The EFI simply does what you tell it to do. Provided both work correctly, one will make no more power than another. That said, one "spec" box makes it much easier for tech and will keep guys from having something they are not supposed to. They all have the same injector, same ECU, same Throttle Body, same coils.......other than that, they can do whatever they want to do. Holley was likely chosen because there is already a relationship with NHRA on the COPO stockers, which COME with Holley from the factory. People say, "boy, I bet that cost you guys a lot"...........actually NO, it cost us NOTHING to be chosen by NHRA to supply the ECUs. The boxes, throttle bodies and injectors are serialized and you can only buy these if you are a Pro-Stock team and we know who has what and how many.

Previously, they were all limited to the same ignition box, same coil and they ran carbs..............so what exactly is radically different now and "tying their hands" from a parts selection aspect.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: Monte_Smith] #1969568
12/14/15 05:09 PM
12/14/15 05:09 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Nothing wrong with ONE company supplying the EFI. That's the way it is in nearly every other form of motorsports as well. The EFI simply does what you tell it to do. Provided both work correctly, one will make no more power than another. That said, one "spec" box makes it much easier for tech and will keep guys from having something they are not supposed to. They all have the same injector, same ECU, same Throttle Body, same coils.......other than that, they can do whatever they want to do. Holley was likely chosen because there is already a relationship with NHRA on the COPO stockers, which COME with Holley from the factory. People say, "boy, I bet that cost you guys a lot"...........actually NO, it cost us NOTHING to be chosen by NHRA to supply the ECUs. The boxes, throttle bodies and injectors are serialized and you can only buy these if you are a Pro-Stock team and we know who has what and how many.

Previously, they were all limited to the same ignition box, same coil and they ran carbs..............so what exactly is radically different now and "tying their hands" from a parts selection aspect.

I've heard all this [censored] before. Because they had to run the same ignition (which wasn't a good thing for competition was it....but it was great for MSD) that makes it ok to do it again? I wanted different carbs for YEARS but I was told by several guys it would never happen because Holley was on the fix. Barry Grant came along and got his junk accepted but that's a whole 'nother story.

You can tell me all the propaganda you want, but you didn't answer the questions about the hood scoops, or letting carbs compete with EFI. I'm sure you'll sing the party line because you are invested in it.

The whole deal is bad from start to finish. Hell, I fogot about the stupid RPM limit, the piston weight limit, valve wieght limit....shall I go on? All in the VERY SAME NAME AS NOW. To save a dying class. NONE of those worked. Not one of those reduced costs. And yet, we are all told this is going to save Pro Stock.

Sorry, I ain't buying none of it.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969575
12/14/15 05:18 PM
12/14/15 05:18 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
I don't really give a flying crap what you "buy". I have NOTHING invested in it. I have zero part of the Pro-Stock program, nor do I want one.

I see lots of bitching, but I don't see any solutions coming from you. If you have a magic wand, why don't you wave it over the class and fix it................otherwise, these are the changes they are trying.............you don't like them, don't watch.........THAT simple.

As to why not have both carbs and EFI...........be hard to fit the carbs under the cowl hood. As to why the cowl hood........they feel that will give the cars more fan appeal. Now will it, I don't know, beats the hell out of me, but something has to be changed.............so why not start here

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: Monte_Smith] #1969585
12/14/15 05:30 PM
12/14/15 05:30 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
I don't really give a flying crap what you "buy". I have NOTHING invested in it. I have zero part of the Pro-Stock program, nor do I want one.

I see lots of bitching, but I don't see any solutions coming from you. If you have a magic wand, why don't you wave it over the class and fix it................otherwise, these are the changes they are trying.............you don't like them, don't watch.........THAT simple.

As to why not have both carbs and EFI...........be hard to fit the carbs under the cowl hood. As to why the cowl hood........they feel that will give the cars more fan appeal. Now will it, I don't know, beats the hell out of me, but something has to be changed.............so why not start here

I have posted many times how to "fix" it.

Bet you ass I won't be watching. And that's the problem. Like I said, none of the other "fixes" worked either. But change is a fix in itself. Remeber in the early 2000's and NHRA was courting the [censored] fart can crowd? They brought in guys like Gene whoever in the Dodge because he was going to be the start of "fixing" PS and drawing a younger crowd. Just another EPIC NHRA fail.

Start by putting the scoops back on. If you don't want one, don't run it. Then EFI or carb. Any EFI, and carb. Oh wait, too much competiton out there. Any igntion too. Can't have that...MSD will [censored] and pull it's contingency (from what I hear they are about broke again anyway).
Make the bodies showroom dimensions, not an asscar...ooopppsss I mean NHRA template. Make them take the wheelie bars OFF and let them have any axle weights they want. I could go on, but why? NHRA has been hiring the same piles of steaming crap for decades.

There are answers out there, it's just NHRA don't like them.

So, to help you out, I don't give a fly crap what you think either.

Last edited by madscientist; 12/14/15 06:37 PM.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969737
12/14/15 10:04 PM
12/14/15 10:04 PM
gulfport, ms, west mi
rowin4 Offline
master
rowin4  Offline
master

gulfport, ms, west mi
For a minute I thought I was on another web site. I like watching Pro stock. But when you need some one to tell you what's on the other side of the car, the scoops may be a little to big. Just my opinion , FLAME ON.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead
Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: rowin4] #1969745
12/14/15 10:23 PM
12/14/15 10:23 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By rowin4
For a minute I thought I was on another web site. I like watching Pro stock. But when you need some one to tell you what's on the other side of the car, the scoops may be a little to big. Just my opinion , FLAME ON.

So did what NHRA do fix the class? Nope, which is my point EXACTLY.

I would rather see a carb'd scoop'd car run against a EFI non scoop'd car. And how about a scoop'd EFI car run agaist a car w/o the scoop?

in some peoples world (READ:NHRA) that would be too much compettion, too much to tech.
Count me out of Pro Stock. The class will be dead in 3 years.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969762
12/14/15 10:43 PM
12/14/15 10:43 PM
North, Alabama
D-50 Offline
pro stock
D-50  Offline
pro stock

North, Alabama
I am looking forward to watching them with the new rules. I don't like the giant hood scoops and wondering how they will leave the line with the wheelie bar change.

1.33 60 ft,6.21 at 110.59 in the 1/8, pump gas small block,2950lbs,drag radials,mufflers and driven to track ...
Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: madscientist] #1969818
12/14/15 11:38 PM
12/14/15 11:38 PM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Originally Posted By madscientist

I would rather see a carb'd scoop'd car run against a EFI non scoop'd car. And how about a scoop'd EFI car run agaist a car w/o the scoop?

in some peoples world (READ:NHRA) that would be too much compettion, too much to tech.

They already have that class.... it's called PRO MOD. But i bet you have a problem with that too.

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1969824
12/14/15 11:44 PM
12/14/15 11:44 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By madscientist

They already have that class.... it's called PRO MOD. But i bet you have a problem with that too.

I guess I missed the part where I mentioned adding blowers, nitrous, wings and over 500 CID .

Oh yeah, and the boring hair dryer. PRO MOD is not for me.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: madscientist] #1969828
12/14/15 11:50 PM
12/14/15 11:50 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
Here's a show that some of you guys that don't race or enjoy watching racing may enjoy. LMAS. you guys kill me.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/13/bachelor-ben-higgins-says-no-to-gettin

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969836
12/15/15 12:01 AM
12/15/15 12:01 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Here's a show that some of you guys that don't race or enjoy watching racing may enjoy. LMAS. you guys kill me.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/13/bachelor-ben-higgins-says-no-to-gettin

You'll have to post the cliff notes. I can't open the link.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969880
12/15/15 01:19 AM
12/15/15 01:19 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Funny that some want factory dimension bodies in Pro-Stock, when the Challenger is bigger and far less aero than either the Camaro or Mustang.............plus, we KNOW which company WON'T be spending a bunch of money developing bodies, just to make them better for racing. That company doesn't even think enough of racing and high performance, to even have a display booth at the biggest racing trade show of the year.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: D-50] #1969934
12/15/15 02:21 AM
12/15/15 02:21 AM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Originally Posted By D-50
I am looking forward to watching them with the new rules. I don't like the giant hood scoops and wondering how they will leave the line with the wheelie bar change.

iagree

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: pittsburghracer] #1969990
12/15/15 05:02 AM
12/15/15 05:02 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Wheelie bars are just a tuning aid, nothing more, nothing less. Shorter bars will just require chassis changes, as well as moving weight around to change percentages

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: Monte_Smith] #1970031
12/15/15 10:33 AM
12/15/15 10:33 AM
J
Jerry Kathe Offline
enthusiast
Jerry Kathe  Offline
enthusiast
J

That company doesn't even think enough of racing and high performance, to even have a display booth at the biggest racing trade show of the year.

My thoughts exactly, seriously concerned with the direction this brand is going.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: Jerry Kathe] #1970062
12/15/15 11:55 AM
12/15/15 11:55 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By Jerry Kathe
That company doesn't even think enough of racing and high performance, to even have a display booth at the biggest racing trade show of the year.

My thoughts exactly, seriously concerned with the direction this brand is going.

The writing has been on the wall for some years now..
no blocks is a big issue with sticking with this brand..
a few more years and I expect the name Mopar Performance
will drop down
wave

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1970083
12/15/15 12:27 PM
12/15/15 12:27 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By Jerry Kathe

The writing has been on the wall for some years now..
no blocks is a big issue with sticking with this brand..
a few more years and I expect the name Mopar Performance
will drop down
wave

iagree With all of this. It's been decades since Chrysler gave a rip about gear heads.

Back in the summer while chasing parts for my 434 I was on the phone with one of the better known builder/head guys on this site. We were discussing block and parts availability for Mopars. Both of us are in our early, mid 50s and agreed that if we were young men starting out we wouldn't be running Mopars. At this point we have to much invested to change.

Re: 2 hour Street Outlaw Cash Days tonight [Re: justinp61] #1970094
12/15/15 12:38 PM
12/15/15 12:38 PM
nc
E
earthmover Offline
top fuel
earthmover  Offline
top fuel
E

nc
Sad but mopar seem to be going down ...I have thought long and hard about a big block Chevy. ..1050hp for 17500.00 Chevy and 22500.00 for mopar 900hp ..5000.00 could be used for a really nice glade and veta...just saying. .

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10