My daughter's 67 Coronet is cursed.

Found a wiped cam in the 440 this past spring. 28 runs and maybe 300 miles. Best run was 13.87 @ 96 mph. Took me all year to get it back together - put in a Lunati hydraulic roller. Plan was to put the 440 in the new GTX build.

Motor was making a racket. Not sure what it is but sounds like valvetrain noise. Might be nothing but at this point do not know.

So a couple of weeks ago said the heck with it and decided to make some runs. My daughter drove 2 1/2 hours from college. I got there early and made 2 runs. First run went 13.300 at 101.75 mph. I was happy - not too bad for a 4025 lb street car with A/C no tuning and a spark plug shorting to exhaust.

Second run slowed to a 14.097 @ 94.90 mph. Coming down the return road seemed like every time I hit a pot hole the car was not right. In the pits became evident that something was wrong. Definitely looked like a tranny issue to me - tranny only had 63 runs on it. Daughter never got to run it. Packed it up and went home.

Yanked the motor and tranny yesterday. Tore the tranny down today. It was perfect. That means that converter is shot. 9 1/2 inch from a leading manufacturer. Also 63 runs on it. Not happy! mad mad mad

Plans are changing for the GTX. Now shooting for 10's with the GTX so the converter was not going to be right anyway. Sending it back to the builder and will get it redone for the GTX.

Never ending.........

67 Coronet 500 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
67 Coronet 500 (street car) 14.82 @ 94 mph
69 GTX (clone) - build in progress......