10/30/15 01:09 PM
10/30/15 01:09 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet

Brookeville, Md
because those people are very knowledgeable with crabs and CAN do the work themselves. The simple muscle head (like myself) does not have those tuning skills, or the need for a 2 carb set-up (although I like 3), I tuned the heck out of a Eddy 750 for a 383 dart. It ran good. A buddy gave me a 750DP holley he had set up for his 11 second 360 and w/o a tune I dropped a tenth. After 10-15 minutes of tuning I dropped another .8 tenth. I've used both. the eddy's aren't bad they just aren't as easy to work on and they will not match a Holley at the track (for us weekend racers). A used Holley can be had for $75-100, rebuilt in an hour w/ a $50 kit and it will out perform a brand new Eddy 750.

Re: Why don't more people run Edelbrock carbs? [Re: Streetwize] #1941632
10/30/15 01:24 PM
10/30/15 01:24 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Originally Posted By Streetwize
I have one on my 427" SBF Stroker in my Cobra replica and after some minor tuning of the rods and springs it works better ON THIS CAR than any holley.

I have a fair amount of experience tuning the old 68-71 440 AVS's and the cobra really needed a tractable roll-on to the secondaries, the double pumper worked awesome but when you roll on the power in a curve just slightly too hard on street tires a Cobra can try to swap ends on you. The Thunder AVS works just right for this combo, the only other thing the Edelbrock needed was to convert it to a dual line feed because without it you rely on the flow passing through the body to keep both sides/bowls filled. AT WOT in a light car the single feed wasn't keeping up and would go lean under hard acceleration. The dual line feed did the trick.

On the track I can run race tires and use a DP more effectively, but honestly I've got the AVS so well-tuned now I don't really worry about it.

I took a box stock Holley 750 which replaced a Holley Avenger vc carb and did my mods including making ALL circuits tunable for a Cobra replica w/a Rouch(sp) 500 hp small block and it came alive. He could barely blow the tires off and now he can barely keep em hooked up. Was even going to sell the Cobra and keep the blown Nova but the Nova`s gone........I have messed w/AFB`s and e-brocks for years just like the simplicity of Holleys.......

Last edited by Thumperdart; 10/30/15 03:52 PM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Why don't more people run Edelbrock carbs? [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1941637
10/30/15 01:44 PM
10/30/15 01:44 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
Originally Posted By RS23U1G
Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
because they suck... ok to be fair they work well on a street car, meaning not raced. If you want to go racing with them you'll need two. Not hard to tune, they just don't tune well. If you run a mild BB you'll need the 800 thunder.

I've won a fair amount of races in both Pro and N/SS with them.
Doug

You ain't alone...

For carbs 'that suck', there sure are a lot of 'em out there kicking serious a$$...

apples to onions. you are running TWO and most NSS guys would LOVE to run a pair of Holleys if they could. In a SINGLE carb configuration a Holley is far better.

Next time you're at a N/SS race look and see how many cars can run A/FX. Mine can with Edelbrocks. Many cars run Holleys and can not even run B/FX.
Doug

Re: Why don't more people run Edelbrock carbs? [Re: dvw] #1941683
10/30/15 03:44 PM
10/30/15 03:44 PM
-
R
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
RSNOMO  Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
R

-
Originally Posted By dvw

Next time you're at a N/SS race look and see how many cars can run A/FX. Mine can with Edelbrocks. Many cars run Holleys and can not even run B/FX.
Doug

Doug...

Yer wasting your time...

This has been REPEATEDLY beat to death with this guy...

Obviously, multiple successes by multiple pros, and 'non-pro's' going back many years means nothing...

The blinders ain't coming off...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4