10/10/15 12:23 AM
ky hills
thehemikid Offline
top fuel
thehemikid  Offline
top fuel

ky hills
Originally Posted By astjp2
I would love to get a Passon OD 4 speed for $700....

x2!

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: thehemikid] #1932614
10/15/15 02:22 PM
10/15/15 02:22 PM
Star Idaho
67vertman Offline
master
67vertman  Offline
master

Star Idaho
PM me if you want to get on the list when mine becomes available. I would perfer to sell it to a Member here, than post it on CL/EGag/EPSY/

My Monster are real!

Living within your means makes life pretty easy.
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1957984
11/25/15 11:43 PM
11/25/15 11:43 PM
Long Island, NY
M
mjb765 Offline
mjb765  Offline
M

Long Island, NY
Awfully quiet over here......anybody hear anything lately?? What number is Jamie up to???

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1958660
11/27/15 03:42 AM
11/27/15 03:42 AM
Covington Georgia
RV2 Offline
master
RV2  Offline
master

Covington Georgia
5 years for this product?
C'mon

Last edited by RV2; 11/27/15 03:43 AM.
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1964313
12/06/15 01:01 PM
12/06/15 01:01 PM
poplar bluff mo.
T
toplescuda Offline
I Whine
toplescuda  Offline
I Whine
T

poplar bluff mo.
Yeah. Thats my thoughts also. Thou its a good product. And id love to have one. There is no way I could wait this many years for a tranny. That could possible never even show up. Depending how far down the list you are
State of the art cars have been built from scratch ground up in this amount of time
Why not retrofit a stick out of a new hellcat??
We have a stick hellcat. And iv beat the crap out of it and it shifts like butter. Other then some fitment issues. Id have no concerns at all on having one in my muscle cars.plus its a 6 speed....my.02....

Last edited by toplescuda; 12/06/15 01:03 PM.

1970 barracuda convert. 1 of 59
1970 pro street A.A.R. clone (panther pink)
1971 charger
2015 hellcat challenger. Redline red
2014 quad cab 4x4 ram 8 speed hemi
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: toplescuda] #1967582
12/11/15 05:18 AM
12/11/15 05:18 AM
SoCal
MuuMuu101 Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!
MuuMuu101  Offline
I got lucky at Woodward!

SoCal
Originally Posted By toplescuda
Yeah. Thats my thoughts also. Thou its a good product. And id love to have one. There is no way I could wait this many years for a tranny. That could possible never even show up. Depending how far down the list you are
State of the art cars have been built from scratch ground up in this amount of time
Why not retrofit a stick out of a new hellcat??
We have a stick hellcat. And iv beat the crap out of it and it shifts like butter. Other then some fitment issues. Id have no concerns at all on having one in my muscle cars.plus its a 6 speed....my.02....

Again, that goes into the factor of cutting up your trans tunnel to install it which most people don't want to do; however, that's what I'm doing. I have a crate T56 Magnum with closed-ratio gears. It's the predecessor to the TR6060 found in the Challengers. It can handle 750 ft-lbs of torque so it should be perfect for my 3200+ lbs Dart with a 408 stroker.

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1968146
12/12/15 01:21 AM
12/12/15 01:21 AM
Colorado
S
Slimfish Offline
Slimfish  Offline
S

Colorado
Ya, looks like cutting is in the cards for me too. Going to order an American Powertrain kit. Didn't want to cut the car but if I got on the Passon list now I won't live long enough to see one shipped to me. Especially with the fact that current production of A855s is in an indefinite holding pattern. A friend ordered and American Powertrain TKO600 kit for his Fury and we'll be installing it over Christmas so if it works as promised that's the route I'll go too. We really had hoped to get the A855 but neither of us can wait several more years for a tranny. We might be sorry if the guy that got us chasin' trannys eventually gets his Passon unit but at this point the only option is elsewhere.

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1972267
12/18/15 07:04 PM
12/18/15 07:04 PM
poplar bluff mo.
T
toplescuda Offline
I Whine
toplescuda  Offline
I Whine
T

poplar bluff mo.
Well cuttint on the floor may not be such a bad thing now that you can buy a brand new floor pan or even a torsion bar crossmember if ever wanted to put back bone stock
I really love the 6 speed in our cat. Not really sure just how big size wize that tranny is.

1970 barracuda convert. 1 of 59
1970 pro street A.A.R. clone (panther pink)
1971 charger
2015 hellcat challenger. Redline red
2014 quad cab 4x4 ram 8 speed hemi
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1973548
12/21/15 12:28 AM
12/21/15 12:28 AM
Long Island, NY
M
mjb765 Offline
mjb765  Offline
M

Long Island, NY
Starting to sound like that is the route to go.....I am hoping Jamie checks this thread once in a while and can update us.

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: 67vertman] #1977488
12/27/15 11:07 PM
12/27/15 11:07 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By 67vertman
Originally Posted By thehemikid
Hey 67vertman, how do you like the 4spd OD so far?

I see the 4 is 20%, where the 5 is 30%.

What rear gear are you running?

Hi H-Kid,

I really like the OD, with 4:10 gears, it cruises very nicely down the freeway. Even transition from each gear, with no lag or major drop in RPM. Mostly around town, you don't even use 4th gear. One thing I miss from the original geared trans is the lower 1 and 2 pull you get. But once the 5sp comes in I will have the best of both worlds.

How tall is your rear tire and what RPM are you at 60 mph? I would love to have a 4 speed OD manual for my Duster, it is 500 inches so the gearing in 1st gear wouldn't be an issue.
I'm thinking the full conversion from auto would be pricey though with pedals and shifter and everything.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: ProSport] #1977508
12/27/15 11:25 PM
12/27/15 11:25 PM
Star Idaho
67vertman Offline
master
67vertman  Offline
master

Star Idaho
Hi ProSport,

I am running BFG 275 60R 15 and I am running about 2200 rpm.

My Monster are real!

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1977605
12/28/15 12:51 AM
12/28/15 12:51 AM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
That's perfect

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: mjb765] #1977930
12/28/15 03:55 PM
12/28/15 03:55 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted By mjb765
Starting to sound like that is the route to go.....I am hoping Jamie checks this thread once in a while and can update us.

For the record, I like Jamie, I like his track record, I like his customer service. And on this next point, I am only speaking my opinion and thinking out loud. I am not intending to start any rumors, as I know nothing about this topic other then the 15? pages posted here 382410.

Here goes, if Jamie wanted to back away from this 5 speed project, now would be the time. The time that has passed is obvious to everybody, nobody I think can argue he hasn't made a Herculean effort, and has actually made and delivered the fine promised product in limited quantities. But in lieu of tarnishing his fine reputation, as it is starting to seem to others, who feel the clock is ticking, and making other choices, which nobody can blame. Unless there is one single easy way to overcome the bottleneck on future production, I suggest Jamie to carefully consider returning exclusively to what earned him his proud reputation. A shame, but just sayin.

Last edited by jcc; 12/31/15 12:41 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: jcc] #1979337
12/30/15 03:14 PM
12/30/15 03:14 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline OP
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline OP
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Originally Posted By jcc

For the record, I like Jamie, I like his track record, I like his customer service. And on this next point, I am only speaking my opinion and thinking out loud. I am not intending to start any rumors, as I know nothing about this topic other then the 15? pages posted here 382410.

Here goes, if Jamie wanted to back away from this 5 speed project, now would be the time. The time that has passed is obvious to everybody, nobody I think can argue he has made a Herculean effort, and has actually made and delivered the fine promised product in limited quantities. But in lieu of tarnishing his fine reputation, as it is starting to seem to others, who feel the clock is ticking, and making other choices, which nobody can blame. Unless there is one single easy way to overcome the bottleneck on future production, I suggest Jamie to carefully consider returning exclusively to what earned him his proud reputation. A shame, but just sayin.

John,
Thanks for the "calm" approach to the situation. I figure I will give a status update. I have been away from the board for an extended period. For that I am sorry as unfortunately real life has been steering the ship for a little while. I have been through a family member having a stroke and being rendered needing assistance since June. This has taken a fair amount of time. I also just had another family member pass away about a month ago. Again, also requiring time to be spread between "real life" and business. For this I am sorry. It seems that there is never a good time for that kind of thing. I am not looking for sympathy. Just letting people know that we are human here too.

I totally understand that everyone is getting rather annoyed at the extended time this is taking. I assure you that no one is more frustrated about it than myself... How would you like to have 20 phone calls a day about a product that you can't sell yet? Its a CONSTANT reminder that you can't truly rest... EVER. The amount of production issues that have crept up here has made it crystal clear to me that this is why NO ONE has had the balls to try this. Whether it is a good or bad thing that we tried it is debatable. However, we are not looking back now. We are too far in to quit.

I want everyone to keep in mind, the product that forced our hand in even mentioning this way before I wanted to has still not come to market for a Chrysler product and the GM version has been reduced from 800 ft/lbs of torque capacity to 500 ft/lbs. If it was not for this unicorn, I would have not said anything for quite a while until we had things dialed in and rolling. As they say, "The best laid plans..." Anyway, Let no one lose sight that I am getting nothing by dragging this out, but MORE grey hair. We are in receipt of the final pieces that we need to resume production of transmissions. We will be QC'ing these pieces and building several units for testing. As long as these function properly, we will begin production.

I'll say it again (even though it falls on deaf ears) THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE WILL HAVE 487 TRANSMISSIONS BUILT NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! It also means that I can't tell everyone exactly when their unit will be built just yet so PLEASE do not flood me with those questions just yet. It means that the units will be tested and then disassembled and inspected and we will go from there. I realize that we lose customers daily, but I am committed to following the project through. Once the bag log is filled, we will stock the units in all configurations. I will attempt to post some photos an another post to show that I am not full of crap and we actually are doing stuff. Not sure how it will go due to file size limits. I will try though.
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1979599
12/30/15 08:40 PM
12/30/15 08:40 PM
Star Idaho
67vertman Offline
master
67vertman  Offline
master

Star Idaho
Originally Posted By JamiePasson
Originally Posted By jcc

Here goes, if Jamie wanted to back away from this 5 speed project, now would be the time. The time that has passed is obvious to everybody, nobody I think can argue he has made a Herculean effort, and has actually made and delivered the fine promised product in limited quantities. But in lieu of tarnishing his fine reputation, as it is starting to seem to others, who feel the clock is ticking, and making other choices, which nobody can blame. Unless there is one single easy way to overcome the bottleneck on future production, I suggest Jamie to carefully consider returning exclusively to what earned him his proud reputation. A shame, but just sayin.

John,
Thanks for the "calm" approach to the situation. I figure I will give a status update. I have been away from the board for an extended period. For that I am sorry as unfortunately real life has been steering the ship for a little while. I have been through a family member having a stroke and being rendered needing assistance since June. This has taken a fair amount of time. I also just had another family member pass away about a month ago. Again, also requiring time to be spread between "real life" and business. For this I am sorry. It seems that there is never a good time for that kind of thing.

I totally understand that everyone is getting rather annoyed at the extended time this is taking. I assure you that no one is more frustrated about it than myself... How would you like to have 20 phone calls a day about a product that you can't sell yet? Its a CONSTANT reminder that you can't truly rest... EVER. The amount of production issues that have crept up here has made it crystal clear to me that this is why NO ONE has had the balls to try this. Whether it is a good or bad thing that we tried it is debatable. However, we are not looking back now. We are too far in to quit.

I want everyone to keep in mind, the product that forced our hand in even mentioning this way before I wanted to has still not come to market for a Chrysler product and the GM version has been reduced from 800 ft/lbs of torque capacity to 500 ft/lbs. If it was not for this unicorn, I would have not said anything for quite a while until we had things dialed in and rolling. As they say, "The best laid plans..." Anyway, Let no one lose sight that I am getting nothing by dragging this out, but MORE grey hair. We are in receipt of the final pieces that we need to resume production of transmissions. We will be QC'ing these pieces and building several units for testing. As long as these function properly, we will begin production.

I'll say it again (even though it falls on deaf ears) THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE WILL HAVE 487 TRANSMISSIONS BUILT NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! It also, means that I can't tell everyone exactly when their unit will be built just yet so PLEASE do not flood me with those questions just yet. It means that the units will be tested and then disassembled and inspected and we will go from there. I realize that we lose customers daily, but I am committed to following the project through. Once the bag log is filled, we will stock the units in all configurations. I will attempt to post some photos an another post to show that I am not full of crap and we actually are doing stuff. Not sure how it will go due to file size limits. I will try though.
Jamie

Jamie, Thanks for the update. Sorry to here about the loss in your family.

I for one will wait until the "cows come home" for my 5 sp. And I applaud you for the Herculean effort to get this project off the ground and sticking with it.

My Monster are real!

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1979984
12/31/15 05:05 AM
12/31/15 05:05 AM
Wyoming
64Barracuda Offline
64Barracuda  Offline

Wyoming
Thanks for the update Jamie. Also sorry for your loss and family health issues. I also want to thank you for sticking with this project through the countless trials and standing by your commitments to your highest quality standards. I am another who plàns to wait until my tranny is ready even if it is until the cows come home:-) The wait is frustrating but I am 100% confident that the product I receive will be worth the wait.

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1980035
12/31/15 11:27 AM
12/31/15 11:27 AM
Warren, MI
J
Jerry Offline
master
Jerry  Offline
master
J

Warren, MI
delivering a half ass product would be worse in the long run. yes there are a lot of impatient people, yes they suck, keep the course. people forget that these are complex mechanisms designed by teams of engineers, and tested by teams of support people, and assembled by teams of mechanics, made by companies with huge budgets. if only that was the case and mopar faithful were faithful and understanding. yes people are getting older and yes they want to drive their cars, slap the 4spd back in, put some 3.23 gears in temporarily and drive the car.

Superior Design Concepts
2574 Elliott Dr
Troy MI 48083
jerry@sdconcepts.com
www.sdconcepts.com
Facebook page: Superior Design Concepts
www.bcrproducts.com
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1980366
12/31/15 05:37 PM
12/31/15 05:37 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline OP
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline OP
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Pics of components

image.jpgimage.jpg
Last edited by JamiePasson; 12/31/15 05:39 PM.

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1980371
12/31/15 05:40 PM
12/31/15 05:40 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline OP
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline OP
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
More pics

image.jpg
More pics

image.jpg

Re: New Passon Performance 5 Speed update [Re: JamiePasson] #1980375
12/31/15 05:41 PM
12/31/15 05:41 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline OP
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline OP
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
More

image.jpgimage.jpg

Page 53 of 81 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 80 81