09/03/15 08:39 PM
Kalispell Mt.
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
Happy Birthday HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I will admit, that I can be a little slow at times, but it is the nature of this type business. If everybody that SAID they were going to send me an intake DID so, they would be knee deep around here all the time. As it stands, I may get two this week and 10 next week. When something like that happens, you go from pretty much caught up, to seriously buried. And always doing them in the order they arrive sounds like a good plan, but doesn't work that way in the real world....... You have a really good customer, who sneezed and destroyed the intake on his TD and needs to next day it to you, so you can get it done for the next week, because he is leading the points.........well, that's what you do. You GET IT DONE, so he doesn't miss a race. So that takes 3 days to fix and now your "schedule" is even more behind. I work FOR Holley. They call and say "hey, we have an EFI customer who is really struggling, need you to go and help him out". Can't tell them no, I work for them. Now you are a couple MORE days behind and last time I checked, you can't make up lost time. It's easy for people to stand on the outside and say how you SHOULD do things, but unless they are in your circumstances, they simply don't know. I also don't make the parts or have every part in the NOS catalog in stock. Every kit is not the same, every job is not the same, so if I have backordered parts, I work on what I have parts for. This should be no secret to anyone in this business.....some times parts are hard to get. With the limited inventory that ALL companies seem to keep now, I can knock that inventory out with one large order, then I have to wait for more. And I can't order parts ahead because someone SAYS they will send an intake. I have to have it in my hands, so I don't tie up all my funds, waiting on you to possibly send it when you get around to it, if at all.

The shipping company lost Jeremiah's package. I will get the money back from them whenever they feel like it. But to get him going, I have to use parts from another job and spend that time on his again, that I will not be paid for. The insurance will only pay for the parts, not the labor, regardless of the "value" you place on the package(already been around this fence a time or two) So that is essentially wasted time and another trip to ship his parts off. All part of doing business and it rarely goes as planned

Then we get the "why don't you hire help" comments.......simple answer is, there is no good help. Everyone who calls, wants to talk with me, so no good for someone to just answer phone. I like things done a certain way, so I have to show you, I would just as soon do it. Plus it's MY name on it. I HAVE talked with a few guys, their FIRST question when they walk in the shop......"where is the flow bench".......so it's right back out the door for them. That's like being an apprentice at an engine shop and the FIRST thing you want to know is all the guys secrets he has learned over the years. NOT going to happen here.

Lastly, with my moms passing last year, the fact I had to put my dad in an assisted care facility, the fact that I am an only child and am the one who has to PAY for that care, as well as all their left over bills.......I have been traveling more, taking more tuning dates and taking all the work I can get, because I NEED the money. And one unforeseen trip to the hospital, the lawyer, whatever, on top of business things that happen..........before you know it, you can be buried behind with no relief in sight. Not complaining, it just is what it is and you do the best you can and if that isn't good enough for some..........oh well, you can't make everybody happy and life is way too short to worry about it. Yeah, I know everybody has problems and mine are nothing exclusive, but you just do what you can do, with the hand dealt

Have you been spying on me at my shop? EXACTLY what I have to deal with repairing cars for a living. I used to think small buisness owners where whiners with lots of money until I started my own shop, HOLY COW!!! No one wants to work and no one understands why you can not work on their car RIGHT THEN!

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905884
09/03/15 08:45 PM
09/03/15 08:45 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

the reason you small shop guys can't find good help is because you have nothing to offer them. no Retirement, no medical,optical,dental, the list goes on. they are out there but not going to work for $10-15 bucks an hour with no benefits.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Quicktree] #1905890
09/03/15 08:58 PM
09/03/15 08:58 PM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
Originally Posted By Quicktree
the reason you small shop guys can't find good help is because you have nothing to offer them. no Retirement, no medical,optical,dental, the list goes on. they are out there but not going to work for $10-15 bucks an hour with no benefits.

Are you really this big of a Dick with every breath you take?

I own a small business, we employ a lady part time as a bookkeeper, we pay her 12 bucks an hour, she suggested the wage, is tickled to get it, and we offer no benefits.
I have only VA, as a veteran, my wife has no insurance.
Can't see paying through Obamacare for a lousy policy that has huge deductibles. Rather roll the dice and pay as I go.
Some employees, like her, have a spouse that has good coverage.
My retirement is the inventory of cars on my lot that continues to grow because I work my butt off to make it work, along with my spouse.
You really should think before you open your mouth, there are PLENTY of people out there that would LOVE to have a job that pays 10-15 bucks an hour and teaches a viable skill, such as someone would gain as an apprentice under somebody like Monte.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905892
09/03/15 09:03 PM
09/03/15 09:03 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline OP
master
Monte_Smith  Offline OP
master
M

North Alabama
That's not it..........You have to find somebody that WANTS to do it and be involved in this type industry. I sure ain't getting rich and work my azz off just to get by, but I am NOT punching a clock everyday in a job I hate, just to collect a check. I have none of that stuff you list, unless I pay for it myself and the one time I DID try a guy, I was paying him WAY more than that, when he bothered to show up.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: B3422W5] #1905901
09/03/15 09:17 PM
09/03/15 09:17 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By B3422W5

I own a small business, we employ a lady part time as a bookkeeper, we pay her 12 bucks an hour, she suggested the wage, is tickled to get it, and we offer no benefits.
Can't see paying through Obamacare for a lousy policy that has huge deductibles. Rather roll the dice and pay as I go.
My retirement is the inventory of cars on my lot that continues to grow because I work my butt off to make it work, along with my spouse.
You really should think before you open your mouth, there are PLENTY of people out there that would LOVE to have a job that pays 10-15 bucks an hour and teaches a viable skill, such as someone would gain as an apprentice under somebody like Monte.
really laugh2 sorry if the truth bothers you.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Quicktree] #1905906
09/03/15 09:34 PM
09/03/15 09:34 PM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan

It's not the truth.......

Real good friend of mine has been a mechanic most of his life( he is darn handy, in his mid 50's) but can't pass a written license test because of ADD. He worked in a busy shop for 25 years for his brother in law. He retired, and my buddy got axed when the new owners bought the business. He has struggled since, had part time jobs as a parts runner for NAPA, etc, etc. he is an excellent mechanic, has helped me a ton over the years with my cars. His wife has a good factory job and makes pretty good money with lots of overtime, but my buddy feels bad not pulling his weight, due to his disability affecting his employment.
He would be tickled to work at a shop as an unlicensed mechanic under another's guys lcense( it's legal to do so here) but hasn't had any sustained luck this far.
That 10-15 bucks an hour would be a steal to get a guy with his know how, he would take it in a heartbeat , and gain some dignity in his mind helping out his spouse more.
You can't throw a blanket over everyone and say this or that wouldn't make them happy.
I am lucky, I frankly make a lot of money, taken a long time, and maybe you do as well..... But not everyone is so fortunate, sometimes it's easy to forget that.

1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905907
09/03/15 09:36 PM
09/03/15 09:36 PM
Kalispell Mt.
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
I Live Here

Kalispell Mt.
Small buisness has a lot to offer. I can offer way more flexibility in schedule than a dealer. I pay my guys a lot more than I ever made working for any dealer. Personaly I would rather save up for my own retirement than take any of the plans I was ever offered working for a big company. One on one training.

BTW I would be extatic if I could find someone to work that cheap, actually I would offer someone a lot more than that if they were any good because I would not want to lose them.

I keep hoping with the oil fields laying people off some of the mechanic types might come back to town but in the last two months advertising I had one guy apply for a job, I called him set up an interview and never showed or called.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: B3422W5] #1905911
09/03/15 09:42 PM
09/03/15 09:42 PM
Kalispell Mt.
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
I Live Here

Kalispell Mt.
Someone has to be liscensed to be a mechanic somewhere? I never heard of that. Sure would help around here with all the jerry rigged junk we have to fix after other guys.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1905913
09/03/15 09:43 PM
09/03/15 09:43 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Good looking intake...

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: B3422W5] #1905915
09/03/15 09:50 PM
09/03/15 09:50 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

It's not the truth.......

Real good friend of mine has been a mechanic most of his life( he is darn handy, in his mid 50's) but can't pass a written license test because of ADD. He worked in a busy shop for 25 years for his brother in law. He retired, and my buddy got axed when the new owners bought the business. He has struggled since, had part time jobs as a parts runner for NAPA, etc, etc. he is an excellent mechanic, has helped me a ton over the years with my cars. His wife has a good factory job and makes pretty good money with lots of overtime, but my buddy feels bad not pulling his weight, due to his disability affecting his employment.
He would be tickled to work at a shop as an unlicensed mechanic under another's guys lcense( it's legal to do so here) but hasn't had any sustained luck this far.
That 10-15 bucks an hour would be a steal to get a guy with his know how, he would take it in a heartbeat , and gain some dignity in his mind helping out his spouse more.
You can't throw a blanket over everyone and say this or that wouldn't make them happy.
I am lucky, I frankly make a lot of money, taken a long time, and maybe you do as well..... But not everyone is so fortunate, sometimes it's easy to forget that.
yea right, it is the truth. how you can compare a mechanic that can fabricate tig weld and have probably 40K in tools and do the quality work like Monte does to a little old lady doing book keeping is beyond me. you wont find those for the pennies you are willing to pay.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: HotRodDave] #1905923
09/03/15 10:06 PM
09/03/15 10:06 PM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
Originally Posted By HotRodDave
Someone has to be liscensed to be a mechanic somewhere? I never heard of that. Sure would help around here with all the jerry rigged junk we have to fix after other guys.

Yes, in Michigan a repair facility has to be licensed, as well as mechanics working there, to fix a vehicle for Joe public. Fixing a car in an unlicensed garage is against the law.
You can get around it..... If say one guy isn't licensed and the other three guys are, by them basically taking credit for his work and " hiding" him as maybe a cleanup guy, or parts chaser, etc, etc., apprentice.

1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1906031
09/03/15 11:54 PM
09/03/15 11:54 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Good looking intake Monte.

As for the hired help part, we try to hire maintenance mechanics here all the time. Base pay for an Apprentice PM guy is $18 plus insurance. Pay goes up with abilities. Last guy hired seemed to be pretty good, but was gone in 4 months from booze. Most of the people who apply can't pass a basic core knowledge test. They interviewed 3 in the last 2 weeks and hired none.

Even for the floor the average is 10 hired, 2 make it 6 months. We don't build rockets or anything difficult here, but people just don't seem to have any kind of work ethic anymore.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1906072
09/04/15 12:34 AM
09/04/15 12:34 AM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
No need to work. They can set home smoke dope and play vidio games and get payed for it. Sooner or later the money is going to run out. The rest of us will have to work till we drop. Welcome to....................

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1906116
09/04/15 02:13 AM
09/04/15 02:13 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR

The shipping company lost Jeremiah's package. I will get the money back from them whenever they feel like it. But to get him going, I have to use parts from another job and spend that time on his again, that I will not be paid for. The insurance will only pay for the parts, not the labor, regardless of the "value" you place on the package(already been around this fence a time or two) So that is essentially wasted time and another trip to ship his parts off. All part of doing business and it rarely goes as planned

Then we get the "why don't you hire help" comments.......simple answer is, there is no good help.

I'm going to jump in here because it's more time out of the day for us to discuss this in other venues i.e. email or telephone.

1) I'd love to get involved with the shipper to find my package. UPS freight lost my brand new Lenco 4-speed. I worked with them for seven days until they found it. Let's work together to find the original before we give up. Get the tracking info to me in an email and I'll help this along. I already lost my place in line so another week won't change much.

2) Dealing with work, a side business, family and property is a huge undertaking. When you are buried it doesn't take much to overrun you. I spend most of my time trying to keep from being in that position. Last year my dad unexpectedly (to me, not him) died of lung cancer. It took me almost a year to catch up both in time and finance. Still sealing with lawyers, creditors and the revenuers. I can relate to that.

3) You can't find good help these days. I'm the young guy at work and I'm getting old lol. Anybody that is worth training is already working in some capacity and has a gig. Combine that with every person thinking they should get paid to be trained and you have a "more trouble than it's worth" scenario crossed by the "if I have to show you how to do it I might as well do it myself" factor.

4) I'd get a second line for your business just to separate the voicemail. Also take the time (you don't have) to write down good times to call people along with their contact info. I have an entire set of people I almost always contact before 5pm and another set that is only available at night...and late too! Not saying that you need to work 18 hours a day (even though you probably do) but it might alleviate some stress from the business end of things if you tried it. As we have gotten busier we have also had to get much more organized which is a hard habit to instill when everything is an emergency.

Also, changing your voicemail or setting up an automated email response might help people know you are still out there just really busy. If you need help with this my consultation services are very reasonable. I offered to go down and run Lenco for a few months to straighten that place out but they declined lol.

Everybody just hang in there, it's going to be a bumpy ride for all of us technicians regardless of your field.

I have to go now, my hair is on fire.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1906117
09/04/15 02:16 AM
09/04/15 02:16 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Was going to ignore you, but you just won't let it go and seem to want to do it publicly, so how about the other side of the story.....Yeah, I know you were going to keep ignoring me, like you have been since February, which is when I started asking you for an invoice over and over.......and now you've forced me to call you out........

As usual, you would be thinking WRONG. You can recover fuel used to flow the fuel side and use it over and over. Nitrous is GONE, in the air.......so regardless of one nozzle or two, if you flow 2 dry stages, even through one nozzle, you use twice as much nitrous as a single wet kit. And there is ALWAYS an additional charge for more than one stage and you admit you have 2 and you KNOW I get $500 for a single, so you got a $200 break As usual, you spin stuff around to make you look like the victim.....So, what you're saying is that on a wet system, you charge $500 to flow fuel and nitrous, but you charge $1,000 on a dry system to "flow two stages" because you have to use nitrous??? So, what you're dumb enough to admit is that it's the EXACT same labor, but you're charging me $500 for the loss of the extra nitrous used (but you cut me a break and only charged me $300 for the nitrous used).......Thanks, for the break........ fan

I don't grind the cams, I just order them.
Yeah, and it was paid for back in AUGUST of 2013!!!!

Well then you SHOULD have plumbed and flowed it yourself. You have no issue putting on nitrous classes yourself and using MY info........so knock yourself out, if it is so easy. When you said you wanted to do some classes and that you had your own bench built "just for your amusement" and you had no intention of doing any nitrous work, yet have told me yourself you have done some for local guys. Also said you would refer all the guys in the classes to me for work.......NOT ONE has sent me anything, or even called. That's seems kinda strange.....although a few have called to order Holley parts..........so maybe I should just set you up as a dealer and you can get that business to.
Yes, I SHOULD have plumbed and flowed it myself, knowing what I know about you now....... eyes YES, since you were always "too busy" to do any more nitrous classes (I had guys calling wanting them), I DID in FACT call you and make sure it was OK with you before I used YOUR info, AND I also paid you $50 per person that showed up for letting me use your name and handouts, and you had NO PROBLEM cashing those checks.....

Now, you're grasping for straws.......YES, I do have the parts to assemble a flow bench, but I have never assembled it.....YES, I do install nitrous systems on customer's cars, like many shops do, and YES, I do tune them with an O2 sensor, but I HAVE NEVER FLOWED A SYSTEM FOR ME OR ANYONE ELSE!!!.....Like I've told you over and over, I have ZERO desire to do what you do.......I have no desire to flow nitrous systems for people......and I told you that I wouldn't flow anyone's systems, so I haven't, because I'm a Man Of My Word.

IF you had a good invoicing system in place, you'd know that you've done work for Jason Webb and Steve Jones, both guys that I sent your way......and I have always sent everyone I know, and met, your way for nitrous work......and the TRUTH is, almost all of them have later told me that they either couldn't get a hold of you or you were an AZZ on the phone and decided to not buy anything from you, so I can't control those things........ twocents

And lets not act like you JUST got your intake. You have had it quite a while and refresh me........but is the car running yet, or do you even have the motor? I'll gladly refresh your memory with facts......I have the email where I asked the FIRST of MANY times, when the intake would be done.....and it's dated March 11th 2014 (and that's just the FIRST email...I'd texted and asked you over the phone many times before that when you thought you'd have my stuff wrapped up)..........that's 7 months after I prepaid you 5K and shipped you the intake.....On March 11th, after I busted your balls about not getting it done, you wrote "Nobody is too small.....you want it, I will get it".........After turning blue from holding my breath, on October 14th of 2014 I sent you an email titled "Just throw my junk in a box w/a check and ship it..." and I get more and more excuses..... blah .....

What's completely ridiculous about your statement is that you're trying to justify how long you took with my intake by saying that I didn't need it because my engine wasn't waiting on it....that's a MAJOR douche nozzle move and everyone with half a brain can read right through that.....That'd be like me calling Jegs and ordering new tires for my car, I pay them, and then they tell me I don't need them yet because the car is still in the chassis shop......What business is it of yours????? Yes, the block I'd bought was too thin in one cylinder so I had to round up another block.....it's not like they're on Blue Light Special at K-Mart........ eyes

After repeatedly busting your balls, you FINALLY got the intake "finished" for PRI 2014 and have it on display......I'm headed to Florida in January to deliver a car and I ask if it's OK to stop by and grab my intake to save shipping.....You tell me it's NOT FINISHED because you still have to plumb the purge.....I say, "I'll try to make the Duck's race in February and I'll grab it then"......I get there, AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLUMBED THE PURGE!!!......You tell me "it'll be OK, it'll soften the hit"!!!.....Are you kidding me???? hammer whistling and then you tell me you didn't have time to print the flow sheet and you'll email it to me.......I got the intake in February and after numerous emails and texts, I FINALLY got the flow sheet on April 11th.....

How can the car be running??? You yourself sent me a text on JULY 17th saying "Got cam yesterday" and after not seeing it for a MONTH, I texted you on August 19th asking if it had gotten lost.......then I sent another text on August 21st and then another on August 25th (all with NO REPLIES)......The cam showed up on August 27th AFTER you shipped it on August 25th!!!!!.......BTW, EVERYTHING for the long block has been sitting here for months waiting on you........ hammer

Yes, I admit, I had the intake a LONG time. But YOU told me you were not in a hurry, as you had all the block problems, plus I was really busy, so again, YOU said no hurry, get it when you can. So I put it on the back burner and basically forgot about it on the shelf, then you got your panties in a wad. I said I wasn't in a "HUGE hurry" for the intake because the motor was still at the machine shop....and I also said I wanted everything here so when the short block did get finished, I could slam it together........Yeah, I got my panties in a wad because I PREPAID you FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS and all you did was put my intake on the shelf......Your definition of "no hurry" and my definition of "no huge hurry" are completely different.......I'm thinking a few weeks or maybe a month.......you take that as you can take your farquing time and not worry about it because you've been prepaid.......You sure didn't waste any time cashing the check???........ hammer

Talking about respect, all the while throwing me under the bus. Whatever makes you feel better. You just figure up how much you think I should owe you, let me know and consider it DONE and you won't have to be disappointed ever again........at least not with me
YES, I AM throwing you under the bus, because you don't even have enough respect for me to answer MULTIPLE emails, voice mails and texts about an invoice that I've been trying to get since FEBRUARY!!!!........YOUR ARROGANT, SELF RIGHTEOUS SELF, FORCED me to use a public forum to get a response from you......That's pretty dang sad on your part.......... hammer and it sure was amazing how quickly you made time to send me an invoice last night right after I busted your balls.....

If you normally charged $800 to flow two nitrous systems through one Fogger nozzle, I'm not going to beat you up about it....seems high to me, but what do I know....... eyes Just send the $500 that you've already admitted by email that you owe me....you have my address, unless it's been "lost" or "missed" in emails or texts..... twocents

and now you know the main reason why I wanted an invoice........I KNEW you'd over charged me and if I hadn't kept asking for it, you'd have kept the money........NICE way to do business......... fan hammer

422 views when I posted yesterday, over 1,800 now.........hmmmmmm....at least a lot of people are seeing your fine plumbing work...... popcorn

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Monte_Smith] #1906131
09/04/15 03:07 AM
09/04/15 03:07 AM
NE Oklahoma
V
Von Offline
master
Von  Offline
master
V

NE Oklahoma
Boom shocka locka.....

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.
Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: Von] #1906134
09/04/15 03:28 AM
09/04/15 03:28 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
When I was going to buy my injection system I can say
that Monte helped me out.. and saved me over $700 on
what to buy and what not to... I did my own injector
mounting since thats what I did back at Chrysler.. so
I will say thanks to him... sorry if some others had
issues
wave

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1906166
09/04/15 08:12 AM
09/04/15 08:12 AM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
I sent him a PM about two years ago questioning about shocks for my Dart, from his reply apparently everything I own is junk. Never will I buy anything.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: slantzilla] #1906168
09/04/15 08:33 AM
09/04/15 08:33 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Good looking intake Monte.

As for the hired help part, we try to hire maintenance mechanics here all the time. Base pay for an Apprentice PM guy is $18 plus insurance. Pay goes up with abilities. Last guy hired seemed to be pretty good, but was gone in 4 months from booze. Most of the people who apply can't pass a basic core knowledge test. They interviewed 3 in the last 2 weeks and hired none.

Even for the floor the average is 10 hired, 2 make it 6 months. We don't build rockets or anything difficult here, but people just don't seem to have any kind of work ethic anymore.
there is clearly a lack of work ethic these days. the problem is the good employee's are all taken and happy with their current jobs. it would take something special to get them. so we are pretty much left with the scraps. but thats not because there are no qualified people out there, they are all just working at a better gig. if you are a small company looking for quality people you will have to step up your game and offer more to get them. it's called competition.

Re: Wade Metzinger...........your intake [Re: justinp61] #1906181
09/04/15 09:33 AM
09/04/15 09:33 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By justinp61
I sent him a PM about two years ago questioning about shocks for my Dart, from his reply apparently everything I own is junk. Never will I buy anything.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one...I can't even count how many times I've heard similar stories from people...from people that have been to the nitrous classes to shops that have tried to use him...It's amazing how many people have texted me the last 24 hours that have used the words "pompous" and "arrogant" to describe Monte...He's brought all this upon himself....

Monte's all worried that someone he hires might steal his work....fact is, Monte's his own worst enemy...If he would do what he says and learn some customer relation etiquette, he wouldn't have anything to worry about, because even if someone could flow systems like he does, he would still be way ahead of them because of his practical experience from being at the race track for decades....He can't see the forest because all the trees are in the way...

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4