09/02/15 06:59 PM
09/02/15 06:59 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
The Chevy Pro Touring scene is a high $$$$ club. It takes a boat load of money to be competitive in a GM product if it isn't a Vette. I think Mopars have an advantage here. I took a pic of this Camaro last month during our local Road Race and this thing was sick. Ring Brothers built car named "Diversion". The guy was super nice and probably would've let me drive it if we had more time. This is a 6 figure car with hand or CNC built everything. LS7/5spd,DSE front with a 3link rear, 315 front tires, 345 rears.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: 72Swinger] #1906277
09/04/15 01:19 PM
09/04/15 01:19 PM
Massachusetts
S
Sneke_Eyez Offline
enthusiast
Sneke_Eyez  Offline
enthusiast
S

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By 72Swinger
The Chevy Pro Touring scene is a high $$$$ club. It takes a boat load of money to be competitive in a GM product if it isn't a Vette. I think Mopars have an advantage here. I took a pic of this Camaro last month during our local Road Race and this thing was sick. Ring Brothers built car named "Diversion". The guy was super nice and probably would've let me drive it if we had more time. This is a 6 figure car with hand or CNC built everything. LS7/5spd,DSE front with a 3link rear, 315 front tires, 345 rears.

It is a high dollar club indeed.
My grandfather has a 66 Chevy Nova SS and had been considering Detroit Speed or comparable front and rear suspension setups and was floored to find out that they cost the same as Mopar parts do!

That Diversion is a gorgeous car, and it takes a lot for me to think of that style of Camaro in that way.

1969 Satellite Wagon - G3 Hemi Swap Incoming. | 1969 Coronet Post Coupe.
2002 Intrepid ES | 2009 Ram SLT | 2004 300M Special | 2002 300M Pro Am - Hers

Are you a New England Mopar Enthusiast?
Come check out the revived NorthEast Mighty Mopar at www.northeastmightymopar.com
!
Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: B-Body Bull] #1906639
09/05/15 12:37 AM
09/05/15 12:37 AM
NORTHERN CA
HUSTLESTUFF Offline
pro stock
HUSTLESTUFF  Offline
pro stock

NORTHERN CA
Originally Posted By Bench McRacer
I watched the show last night and saw a nice 69 Charger (rear view) locking up the brakes at the speed stop. They also showed the Chargers front view on the road course, Called it a Mopar. If you blinked, you would have missed it. They talked about the LS powered Conquest (called it a Dodge ? ) again and it's traction problems and some guy who blew up his fifteen thousand dollar Corvette engine ( I thought Chevys were cheap } and some other guys Corvette that was Dq'd for Weighing 3058 when his class minimum is 3200 pounds. His lame excuse was he weighed the car with him in it.... Pretty much talked and showed the same competitors from last year. I hope Toms Valiant gets some respect in October.

I was at Thunderhill as well. There were 3 second gen chargers and so little coverage. My girlfriends stock 2014 1LE Camaro got more points on the design award than I did. Pretty much a good ole boys club IMHO. I'll stick to track days.

"Were in it to win it. Anything less will end up being..... A whole lot of fun doing!!" UNLAWFL
RIP UN
Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: HUSTLESTUFF] #1906713
09/05/15 03:29 AM
09/05/15 03:29 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted By HUSTLESTUFF
I watched the show last night and saw a nice 69 Charger (rear view) locking up the brakes at the speed stop. They also showed the Chargers front view on the road course, Called it a Mopar. If you blinked, you would have missed it. They talked about the LS powered Conquest (called it a Dodge ? ) again and it's traction problems and some guy who blew up his fifteen thousand dollar Corvette engine ( I thought Chevys were cheap } and some other guys Corvette that was Dq'd for Weighing 3058 when his class minimum is 3200 pounds. His lame excuse was he weighed the car with him in it.... Pretty much talked and showed the same competitors from last year. I hope Toms Valiant gets some respect in October.

I was at Thunderhill as well. There were 3 second gen chargers and so little coverage. My girlfriends stock 2014 1LE Camaro got more points on the design award than I did. Pretty much a good ole boys club IMHO. I'll stick to track days.

Was it bone stock?

Any mods on it whatsoever? If so, what?

Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: autoxcuda] #1906867
09/05/15 01:24 PM
09/05/15 01:24 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted By autoxcuda

Was it bone stock?

I got the impression, bolting on sponsors products with little invention/creativity on the owners part earned bonus points. New cars have a much bigger market potential then the old stuff, so money once again wins. And guess who the judges are?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: Sneke_Eyez] #1906969
09/05/15 04:49 PM
09/05/15 04:49 PM
Eugene, Oregon
M
minivan Offline
master
minivan  Offline
master
M

Eugene, Oregon
Originally Posted By Sneke_Eyez
[quote=72Swinger]

That Diversion is a gorgeous car, and it takes a lot for me to think of that style of Camaro in that way.

I was 14 when the 2nd gen Camaro came out. We hated them, called em Big Vega's...

That being said I had a 73 Z-28 4 speed car ( same color as Diversion) back in the day.. No it wasn't the LT-1 hot rod, but was absolutely my favorite car of my youth..

Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: jcc] #1907155
09/05/15 10:05 PM
09/05/15 10:05 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted By jcc

Was it bone stock?

I got the impression, bolting on sponsors products with little invention/creativity on the owners part earned bonus points. New cars have a much bigger market potential then the old stuff, so money once again wins. And guess who the judges are?

But did the 2014 1LE Camaro have mods or not?

I'll make my judgments and comments after I collect some facts.

Re: Old Mopars in optima Ultimate this year ? [Re: autoxcuda] #1907878
09/07/15 09:05 AM
09/07/15 09:05 AM
NORTHERN CA
HUSTLESTUFF Offline
pro stock
HUSTLESTUFF  Offline
pro stock

NORTHERN CA
Bone stock with the exception that on the hood wrap that they have, instead of looking like a T/A challenger, I took the wrap to the edge of the front and to the fender edges like the AAR. They said they gave points for her being a girl, but that has nothing to do w/ design, and technically it's my car.

Now your thoughts???

"Were in it to win it. Anything less will end up being..... A whole lot of fun doing!!" UNLAWFL
RIP UN
Optima Ultimate is a JOKE [Re: HUSTLESTUFF] #1908049
09/07/15 02:51 PM
09/07/15 02:51 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Bone stock with the exception that on the hood wrap that they have, instead of looking like a T/A challenger, I took the wrap to the edge of the front and to the fender edges like the AAR. They said they gave points for her being a girl, but that has nothing to do w/ design, and technically it's my car.

Now your thoughts???

Sounds like Optima is a joke.

Not much of a competition more a reality type show. And now it's getting more TV and media play. In that same lame vain, I guess a woman driver is better for air play than the most universal knee jerk recognized Mopar musclecar.

Sponsors had their finger in that event (not competition) since the beginning. But now it sounds even worse.

Hustlestuff, too bad you made and put together most of the parts on your Charger. If you used kits and products from companies with large advertising and PR budgets you might have had a chance.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 09/07/15 02:52 PM.
Re: Optima Ultimate is a JOKE [Re: B-Body Bull] #1908096
09/07/15 04:19 PM
09/07/15 04:19 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
All it is is exposure for their products. I think Optima sucks since they moved manufacturing over seas. They used to pay Goldberg to talk about their awesomeness. But honestly these events are pretty cool and the entry fees are affordable. Think of it as a 2 day track day and its pretty easy to swallow.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Optima Ultimate is a JOKE [Re: autoxcuda] #1908414
09/08/15 12:36 AM
09/08/15 12:36 AM
NORTHERN CA
HUSTLESTUFF Offline
pro stock
HUSTLESTUFF  Offline
pro stock

NORTHERN CA

Now your thoughts???

Sounds like Optima is a joke.

Not much of a competition more a reality type show. And now it's getting more TV and media play. In that same lame vain, I guess a woman driver is better for air play than the most universal knee jerk recognized Mopar musclecar.

Sponsors had their finger in that event (not competition) since the beginning. But now it sounds even worse.

Hustlestuff, too bad you made and put together most of the parts on your Charger. If you used kits and products from companies with large advertising and PR budgets you might have had a chance.

And for a street car event, funny that if you are in any class but novice you have to have full race apparel.

RIP UN
Re: Optima Ultimate is a JOKE [Re: B-Body Bull] #1908416
09/08/15 12:39 AM
09/08/15 12:39 AM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
I think they were even gonna make guys use a Hans at one point.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Optima Ultimate is a JOKE [Re: 72Swinger] #1908440
09/08/15 01:25 AM
09/08/15 01:25 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I think they were even gonna make guys use a Hans at one point.

That I understand. Corporate sponsored event. High visibility etc etc.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 09/08/15 01:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2