B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
"Street Outlaws" star Daddy Dave was thumbs up during his hospital stay ... even though he can't remember why he ended up there.
Dave's wife Cassi tells us Dave is healing up pretty well after the accident ... and was released from the hospital early Monday. He'll go back home to Oklahoma to recover.
We're told he's been having problems with his short-term memory after suffering a concussion from the horrific crash. He's been told numerous times what happened, but he keeps forgetting.
As we reported, the accident occurred Saturday.
Dave's lucky ... and his family keeps reminding him of that.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/03/street-outlaws-daddy-dave-released-hospital-crash/#ixzz3hoDTpnFs

No sarcasm here at all: I really hope he's got a good health insurance plan to cover this, plus the longer-term expenses that are going to come up during his recovery.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Eric] #1885136
08/04/15 07:28 PM
08/04/15 07:28 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By Eric
Originally Posted By madscientist
So, do you REALLY think if I (or anyone else) paying money for a National event wants to see ANY super class racing you are nuking futs. You might think it's all that to you (I have done it and was bored to tears by it) but from a spectator point it's stupid.

So which is it? You race or just critic?

Does it matter?

Evidently you think I can't have an opinion on womens issues because I am a man, or can't have an opinion on war because I'm not a combet vet.

The truth is it's none of your business what I do, or how I form my opinions.

You ain't my wife or mother (mom, are you on the interwebz screwing with me again???) so I don't answer to you.

Have a nice day.

You're a special case my friend. I've noticed in more than one of your posts. I'm not being combative. Just curious as to what racing you enjoy since you have a dig for all of it.

How do I have a "dig" for anything? Because I see something wrong and say it, that's a bad thing?

For the record, I don't really enjoy racing all that much anymore. So much money, all the crap, poor shows for the money and no one says a thing about it, and when you do, you get publically flogged.

Think about it for a minute and it may come to you, but I doubt it.

And you are being combative cuz I don't play your game and answer to you. Get over it.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: madscientist] #1885145
08/04/15 07:48 PM
08/04/15 07:48 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
You guys are forgetting one thing. The yuppies carried NASCAR thru some pretty lean years. It was the in thing to do while sipping wine and fancy drinks with umbrellas in them

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: FastmOp] #1885149
08/04/15 07:55 PM
08/04/15 07:55 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By FastmOp
I know AL has a Championship Wally.
And he's had some bad a$$ cars.

I know quicktree never posts vids or timeslips.

I'm wondering what madscienctist runs besides his ?

I know Eric is hard on parts lol

Back to work on my contraption. smile
not that it really matters laugh2 when i first got the arrow

last year after a few adjustments it was running 5.70s @ 120 in the 1/8th can't find the dang video's sorry. now what?

here's you a dang video of my challenger at the Southern Nats a while back

[img]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/Quicktree09/Challenger/th_SDC11213.mp4[/img]

Last edited by Quicktree; 08/04/15 08:19 PM.
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1885160
08/04/15 08:18 PM
08/04/15 08:18 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
That would make an awesome throttle stop car.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: 72Swinger] #1885162
08/04/15 08:22 PM
08/04/15 08:22 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
That would make an awesome throttle stop car.
I have one ready to go on, not paying the dam extra money to go fast anymore. but I am having so much trouble with my knee's and back I may not get back in it.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1885180
08/04/15 08:54 PM
08/04/15 08:54 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
For those of you that don't know, Mad Scientist is, and will always be, a mad scientist. He had a small block 65 (I Think) Baracuda that would power to weight ratio, eat a lot of stuff alive back in the 90's and perhaps even now. He tries a lot of other stuff people won't, so don't sell him short. He got smart and quit, and keeps doing head work for only certain people, including me, and has other businesses. He is opinionated, wound up, but a pretty good guy all in all. He also knows how to make power with less than most, so give him some credit. He's also been a fan for as long as I've known him and been around the sport that long as well. There are a lot of people here that think only their opinion matters, whether they know what they are talking about or just spewing BS. As against street racing as I am, I enjoy watching the show. It fills the TV time taken up by so much drivel. Peace out!

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: 67Satty] #1885184
08/04/15 09:05 PM
08/04/15 09:05 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted By 67Satty
I agree with the above, if you watch the slow motion version on Youtube, you clearly see the light, a short pause, then him launching, so it shows that it wasn't even a case of him guessing the light much less leaving early.

I watched the video too and I didn't know which car was supposed to have jumped, so I wasn't biased either way. If you concentrate on the light only coming on, and I watched it five times, that car did not move, wheels or car. Why didn't the TV guys show all the angles in slo-mo to us? They have to know there are a lot of savvy guys watching this show. In normal time it probably looked like a jump to the starter( he can't see the light anyway since its pointed away from him) but he didn't have to go thru those motions, he's the ring leader and will bias everybody's opinion. That stupid run back then turn on the light is all wrong, just stand perfectly still then turn the light on, why all the drama.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1885203
08/04/15 09:33 PM
08/04/15 09:33 PM
Romulus, MI
GTS340 Offline
mopar
GTS340  Offline
mopar

Romulus, MI
Originally Posted By Quicktree
I am having so much trouble with my knee's and back I may not get back in it.

Oh, spending a bit too much time on your knees Toni??
Sounds like a fair amount of time bent over too laugh2
You made that too easy...

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: camastomcat] #1885206
08/04/15 09:39 PM
08/04/15 09:39 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted By camastomcat
For those of you that don't know, Mad Scientist is, and will always be, a mad scientist. He had a small block 65 (I Think) Baracuda that would power to weight ratio, eat a lot of stuff alive back in the 90's and perhaps even now. He tries a lot of other stuff people won't, so don't sell him short. He got smart and quit, and keeps doing head work for only certain people, including me, and has other businesses. He is opinionated, wound up, but a pretty good guy all in all. He also knows how to make power with less than most, so give him some credit. He's also been a fan for as long as I've known him and been around the sport that long as well. There are a lot of people here that think only their opinion matters, whether they know what they are talking about or just spewing BS. As against street racing as I am, I enjoy watching the show. It fills the TV time taken up by so much drivel. Peace out!
. Every head porter I know is kinda messed up in the head. Personally I think it's caused by cast iron dust and aluminum exposure

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1885207
08/04/15 09:40 PM
08/04/15 09:40 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge

last year after a few adjustments it was running 5.70s @ 120 in the 1/8th can't find the dang video's sorry. now what?

[img]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/Quicktree09/Challenger/th_SDC11213.mp4[/img]

I had to look, I thought this was Eric. I was thinking dang Eric, everyone knows you race a lot!!! lmao!

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: GTS340] #1885215
08/04/15 09:57 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By GTS340

truth is I feel I feel worse than that laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: FastmOp] #1885216
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

I had to look, I thought this was Eric. I was thinking dang Eric, everyone knows you race a lot!!! lmao!
Eric wishes his looks that good laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: madscientist] #1885233
08/04/15 10:25 PM
08/04/15 10:25 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
So, do you REALLY think if I (or anyone else) paying money for a National event wants to see ANY super class racing you are nuking futs. You might think it's all that to you (I have done it and was bored to tears by it) but from a spectator point it's stupid.

So which is it? You race or just critic?

Does it matter?

Evidently you think I can't have an opinion on womens issues because I am a man, or can't have an opinion on war because I'm not a combet vet.

The truth is it's none of your business what I do, or how I form my opinions.

You ain't my wife or mother (mom, are you on the interwebz screwing with me again???) so I don't answer to you.

Have a nice day.

You're a special case my friend. I've noticed in more than one of your posts. I'm not being combative. Just curious as to what racing you enjoy since you have a dig for all of it.

How do I have a "dig" for anything? Because I see something wrong and say it, that's a bad thing?

For the record, I don't really enjoy racing all that much anymore. So much money, all the crap, poor shows for the money and no one says a thing about it, and when you do, you get publically flogged.

Think about it for a minute and it may come to you, but I doubt it.

And you are being combative cuz I don't play your game and answer to you. Get over it.

Mad Scientist, I agree with most all you say, right now all non professional racers run for their own benefit, not to put on any show, and they have pride in there cars. I liked Super Gas when it first came about because the all ran close to the breake out, then came the big engines with the top end charge,ruined it then. Just make them run with in a certain mph, better racing then imo. NHRA definitely needs to change something. I will not go to another national event because the cost to enjoyment is way off like Al said. The best racing I see now is at a little track 10 miles from me . On Friday nite is test and tune and almost always the big hitters show up for grudge racing, money flashed all around, people stirred to a frenzy. Takes me back forty years. Good to have an opinion, hang in there.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1885245
08/04/15 10:50 PM
08/04/15 10:50 PM
Romulus, MI
GTS340 Offline
mopar
GTS340  Offline
mopar

Romulus, MI
Originally Posted By GTS340

truth is I feel I feel worse than that laugh2

And you acknowledge that you know how that feels? Can't say that I'm surprised laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Sammy] #1885440
08/05/15 08:22 AM
08/05/15 08:22 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

If it made you smile all is good.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: cudaman1969] #1885442
08/05/15 08:27 AM
08/05/15 08:27 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Originally Posted By cudaman1969
I agree with the above, if you watch the slow motion version on Youtube, you clearly see the light, a short pause, then him launching, so it shows that it wasn't even a case of him guessing the light much less leaving early.

I watched the video too and I didn't know which car was supposed to have jumped, so I wasn't biased either way. If you concentrate on the light only coming on, and I watched it five times, that car did not move, wheels or car. Why didn't the TV guys show all the angles in slo-mo to us? They have to know there are a lot of savvy guys watching this show. In normal time it probably looked like a jump to the starter( he can't see the light anyway since its pointed away from him) but he didn't have to go thru those motions, he's the ring leader and will bias everybody's opinion. That stupid run back then turn on the light is all wrong, just stand perfectly still then turn the light on, why all the drama.
you have to watch the show where they showed the clip of the car moving before the light. not the video. after they watched that he paid up because it was very clear the car moved before the light came on. which is one of the rules they all agreed on just like the black line was the center line.

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: Quicktree] #1885530
08/05/15 12:29 PM
08/05/15 12:29 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted By cudaman1969

you have to watch the show where they showed the clip of the car moving before the light. not the video. after they watched that he paid up because it was very clear the car moved before the light came on. which is one of the rules they all agreed on just like the black line was the center line.

Well who has that video to show on here, and one that's not (possibly) doctored by the TV show. Dude could have been paid off more than he had to pay up to the other guy, so he stays quiet, Then comes back for "rematch,show time". What angle where the TV cameras,how close, that's the big question. I'll watch the video again to see where the other cameras are

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: camastomcat] #1885534
08/05/15 12:33 PM
08/05/15 12:33 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Originally Posted By camastomcat

I'm certainly not questioning his knowledge. And I'm sure he's really a good guy.

Tony your car looks great!! I would love to race you and check it out sometime. Take the right lane so I can see it in the wide view mirror behind me wink

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Street Outlaws episode last night [Re: FastmOp] #1885542
08/05/15 12:43 PM
08/05/15 12:43 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Tony what powers your Arrow?

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12