07/16/15 02:38 AM
07/16/15 02:38 AM
Walmart parking lot
yorker Offline OP
Drugs are bad
yorker  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Walmart parking lot
1987 Fifth Ave. Question may apply to many years of Mopars.
I finished a complete brake job on a 87 Chrysler fifth ave about a year ago. I could never get the air out of the lines.
I discovered I had my left and right calipers on the wrong wheel, that causes the bleeder screw to be at the bottom and not top. You will never get the air out from what I understand.

I switched the calipers to the proper wheels and cant seem to get the rubber line to fit without the hose being routed so poorly,

The left and right hoses look the same to me, but they do make left and right sides.
It was getting dark, so I did not have time to get into it tonight.

Looks like the right side hose may fit properly. The left no.
The hoses did seem to fit when I had the calipers on wrong.

My question is, seeing how the end will only fit one way on the caliper, does the flared up end of the square brass boss face up or down on the caliper?
Thanks.

( SHONEN KNIFE ) MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. ONE SONG, ONE CONCERT AT A TIME FOR OVER 36 YEARS!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/SHONENKNIFETV
Re: Front rubber brake hose attachment direction on caliper 87 [Re: yorker] #1871647
07/16/15 04:09 PM
07/16/15 04:09 PM
Iowa
D
dsp Offline
dsp  Offline
D

Iowa
I have an 85 Diplomat. The left front and right front brake hoses are different. If you purchase new hoses, ***DO NOT*** use the copper washers included with the hose. They are too thin and may allow the banjo fitting to bottom on the caliper housing before properly crushing the copper washer. The Chrysler part number for the correct, thicker washers is 6030084.

Last edited by dsp; 07/16/15 04:10 PM.