04/23/15 11:31 AM
04/23/15 11:31 AM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Last week on my way to a race in Denton, the switch panel just above the console went dead.

It is a 2013 Ram Laramie 2500 Diesel. The switch panel is below the HVAC controls and it has switches for the heat/cool seats, engine brake, tow/haul, park sense ect.....

I noticed it just after loading the car in the trailer, but figured it just needed to reboot. With the UCONNECT® 8.4AN/RA4 system, sometimes it acts a little funny and if it shut the truck off and restart it reboots and all is well. Has been that way since new.

It looks like it may have a blown fuse, but I cannot figure out which one. The descriptions in the owners manual do not specifically name this panel.

The panel is completely dead. The switch panels nightime/backlights don't even come one with the headlights.

Another symptom is the AM radio does not work, but all other FM/iPod/CD/XM ect all work. This morning it also flashed a message on the dash to bring the truck in for service because the "Vehicle Phone Requires Service."

Anyone have any idea which fuse I should check? I used a test light on the fuse panel under the hood, but not all of the fuses are powered up all the time, so several had no power on either terminal.

I have another long haul next weekend for another race and really do not like pulling my 28' car hauler without engine braking and tow/haul mode working. Fortunately the trailer breaks do work even with the switch panel inop.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: 2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel. [Re: GTSDave] #1825598
05/13/15 11:35 AM
05/13/15 11:35 AM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Bump.

Re: 2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel. [Re: GTSDave] #1825616
05/13/15 11:56 AM
05/13/15 11:56 AM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Offline
master
Bad340fish  Offline
master

Tulsa OK
I would power everything you can up on the truck while it is running. That should get power going to your entire fuse panel I would think, then you can go probe for bad fuses maybe?

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
Re: 2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel. [Re: GTSDave] #1825914
05/13/15 05:55 PM
05/13/15 05:55 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Tried that. I turned on everything I could including the cargo light, radio, AC, headlights ect. while it was sitting running in the driveway.... Checked every fuse and still some did not have power. I suppose I could pull the ones with no power and do a visual check on them, but

I just returned from a race in St. Louis (over 1800 miles round trip) and everything else in the truck worked perfectly. The only thing not working is the switch panel, and the AM radio........

Guess I will have to bite the bullet and bring it in. I posted this on the DTR forum, and with over 100 views, still not one reply..... Guess it is a unique problem to my truck.

-Dave

Re: 2013 Ram Help needed with Tow/Haul Switch Panel. [Re: GTSDave] #1836774
05/29/15 04:37 PM
05/29/15 04:37 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Just to keep everyone informed I just picked up my Ram from the dealership and it turns out that the " 4692269AI Battery Sensor" was the problem. The tech notes said that it was open internally causing no communication in the LIN Buss circuit. They replaced it and it is now working.

Getting discouraged with this one. Under 44k miles and so far it has had 4 recalls, and still has some problems.

I brought it in because I discovered rear diff fluid all over the tailgate! They had to replace a leaking pinion seal, and drivers side axle seal.

The AM radio is also out and it is a must for Houston Traffic. Turns out it is an internal radio failure and the whole radio will need to be replaced. They ordered a new one. I am sure glad I bought the extended warranty........

-Dave