12/24/08 06:01 PM
12/24/08 06:01 PM
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
dangina Offline OP
pro stock
dangina  Offline OP
pro stock

Lethbridge, AB, Canada
I traded the old man some cars for this running dodge as i had wanted to have a project that was still driveable. It was a '73 charger vinyl top, with '72 front (hideaway) and rear taillights, a tired 440 with a slapstick auto, black interior, with white ripped up bucket seats and rear seats out of a 72 b-body i figure (no buildsheets). it was rusted through the floor and rear quarter panels. I apologize I don't have any pics of the start of the build - I'm just gonna have to relay what i've done. First repair the brakes - all of it. The whole system was shot. Second - repaired the underside rust - cut out and welded in new metal. Now onto some pics:

You can see it was originally a vinyl top that I don't care for too much so I cut the crhrome tabs off and repaired the metal piece by the opera windows - smoothed it out to get a hardtop look
also in the pic you can see i already masked and painted the rear taillights as the old fake chrome was mostly pitted and peeled away

painting the opera pieces

gotta repair the trunk

cleaned and getting ready for the show and shine!

since then dropped in a high-comp 440 with a mopar high rise intake and k+N filter, M/T aluminum valve covers and now the charger plays the tune of dixie

cut a hole in the hood for the air filter clearence and did a black vinyl rebel flag on the roof

picked up a set of these at a local swap - this is the final result - i sandblasted them, powdercoated them aluminum, masked of the center and between the ribs, sanded, shot it with automotive black (the same black i used on the car)

thats my girl so far - its been going on for two years - since then i've also salvaged a beautiful rear black seat out of a crashed 74 runner, replaced some of the suspension, painted inside the trunk, shaved off the passenger side mirror, it has a pistolgrip gunslinger handle, swapped out the 272 gears for a 323 suregrip. It has made some pretty great memories for me - it even got me a wife! lol!

Re: My old 73 charger project [Re: dangina] #174268
12/27/08 12:11 PM
12/27/08 12:11 PM
Millersville, PA
HemiChallenger Offline
master
HemiChallenger  Offline
master

Millersville, PA
Car looks like its come around quite a bit! Good job man!