12/28/08 04:33 PM
12/28/08 04:33 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
I spoke to Bob during the week about the upcoming 2009 season. I can tell you that he is very excited about all of this. Without a doubt, bar non NSS is Beaver Bobs favorite.
Check out what was included in an email he sent me.

New Nostalgia / Super Stock event in the works:
Word is that the Beaver had been contacted by a well connected group that wants to revive the fabled Super Stock Nationals event from the 1960's. If it can be done, you know BSD will be the place. Maybe Flashback Friday will become another 3 day Special Event.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: B G Racing] #174080
01/03/09 11:23 AM
01/03/09 11:23 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Why don't you guys PM me, and we'll set up a date to meet with Beaver this month. He will be away the last week of January. Beaver had a little blurb on his website of the possibility of this happening...he is pumped!!

The Pittsburgh area would be good, even down at Brother Bob's place. He'll set it up.

Let me know, we'll get the ball rolling.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174081
01/03/09 02:52 PM
01/03/09 02:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Beaver had a little blurb on his website of the possibility of this happening...he is pumped!!

The Pittsburgh area would be good, even down at Brother Bob's place. He'll set it up.

Let me know, we'll get the ball rolling.

I am finally back in the freezing cold of Ohio, after my 4 day run to visit family in NC.
Mtg at BG place makes sense to me, but not sure if it "in the middle" .
I am pretty flex, but will be out of town on the 23-24-25th for the Brevard Fla. show,
29-30-31 . Greensboro NC Show..

Other than that I am wide open.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174082
01/05/09 01:42 PM
01/05/09 01:42 PM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
WOW! That 422 story got turned around pretty good! I was at the race that Chris was talking about. I was pitted right next to him. It was the first race the 422 group ran, and was at E-Town. Originally 422 had 16 cars "booked in". Alex Cortezzo Sr. was one of the cars. Alex could not make the race (with his lettered car)and Chris filled in for him. When Chris arived, 422 told him he could not run. I know Chris is still irked with me that I did not come to his defense. Truth be told, all 16 cars booked were chosen due to the fact that they were lettered. It was made blatantly clear when we were asked to come. I guess the communication got fuzzy between Chris and Alex on the lettering, but what happened was Chris could not run. I agree it was not the best way to handle it, but I didn't feel it was my obligation to be a go-between.

As far as the format for the 422 group...They do run a typical bracket race. The catch is they run a .400 full tree, and you have to dial on one tenth increments. You cannot change the dial for the duration of the race. The old NSCA and NMCA ran their races the same way. They used to have .25 second increments. This made you have to tune your car, add/lose weight, or figure out a driving technique to be competative. 422 simply made the dial in's on .10 second increments to allow cars to hit closer to their dial in's.

As far as the nose-in-the air attitudes...I take exception. I tow my 11.00 second '63 on a rusty, open trailer behind my dad's truck to attend their races. I am typically one of the slowest cars racing with them. They treat me fine. Their cars are always some of the fastest machines at the event. They bring a tractor trailer rig with as many as five killer N/SS cars inside. They set up a tent to advertise our race. They provide a pig roast/barbecue at every event. The food is for anyone associated with the race...including crew, friends...etc. They do off-season marketing and promotion so that the purses, and sometimes tow money, is in hand before the event. They host and run a website that is focussed on the entire series. They keep track of points, and award a champion with a jacket and check at the end of year banquet.

As for fixing the arangements to fit their cars...They did not win one race this year. Cliff Sebring won more than his share of races (which paid $1000 to win) this year. Yes, when viewed alone, the $75-100 entry seemed steep. If you go a round of two, you got your money back. Unfortunately I was a donor to the program this year and was not very successful.

To any members not sure which side of the fence your on...the group is having it's end of year banquet in February. I'm sure Dink would love to have you at the event as he is always looking for new members. The new schedule is out as we speak. Come join us.

PS. I posted a pic of my car so as not to hide behind an e-mail. I'm the tall bald guy that drives Frustration. Have a nice day.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Tommy D] #174083
01/05/09 01:53 PM
01/05/09 01:53 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Tom, like you, we have had all positives when racing with them. Dink is a good guy, and I like all of them. Their stuff looks good, they are a classy bunch, and their group us an asset to any NSS event.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we just want to race....the more the merrier. Just think of the great event it would be at with guys who don't often have a chance to participate together all there in one mix. Pretty cool, in my opinion.

Chris is a good guy, too. If there is a percieved score to settle, here is the way to do it.

Fighting and arguing is no good....let's just get a race going, have a good time, put on a good show for the folks, and enjoy each other's company.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174084
01/05/09 02:07 PM
01/05/09 02:07 PM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Steve,

No axe to grind with me...I feel the same as you. I hate it when the ugly gets involved with my fun. Racing is still fun, and what I love doing.

PS. I came across a cool article on your '65 the other day. Very cool car. I look forward to meeting you at the Beaver. It is the best track around, and Bob and Flashback Bill go over and above as owners and promoters. It's worth the three plus hour tow to get there if you like nostalgia. Tom

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174085
01/05/09 02:12 PM
01/05/09 02:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Casey and I feel the same way..The more the merrier...I just also come to the defense of my friends when needed...Chris is a great guy with some fine race cars. I just feel that it was a bit extreme when you won't let a man race because of lettering?? He was asked to come and race..The correct thing to do would have been to let him race that race and explain to him that they want lettered cars and if he wants to continue racing their circuit he would be required to letter something on his car. Personally the 422 guys have been nice to me as well..But I absolutly see Chris's point...No better way to settle it is line em up and race poppaj

4924995-coronet007.jpg (46 downloads)
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174086
01/05/09 06:44 PM
01/05/09 06:44 PM
Detroit
T
TX91971 Offline
TX91971  Offline
T

Detroit
Hello Steve this has nothing to do with this post but I was wondering if you could call me or send me your number so I could talk to you about the pics of the Jack Lowry station wagon that you posted 717-580-7616 or send me your number and I'll call you thanks

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4