Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Troublemaker427] #174059
12/26/08 03:52 PM
12/26/08 03:52 PM
Wisconsin
StillRock69 Offline
StillRock69  Offline

Wisconsin
Quote:

422 Motorsports rules are directly from the NMCA. For those not familiar the NMCA is the sanctioning body that basically started Nostalgia Super Stock racing in the late '80s.

There currently are several organizations which write and endorse rules for the class of cars generally known as Nostalgia Super Stock.

Some of them are The Nostalgia Super Stock National Association, National Muscle Car Association, Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc, Texas Outsiders, the East Coast Nostalgia Super Stock Association, 422 Motorsports and so forth.

These groups have a variety of perspectives and purposes and therefore have differences among them.

As best we can research, the oldest of these is a private club named Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc., which can document its official origin to 1989 when it was then named the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

Prior to that, there were several individuals in Missouri running NSS-style cars informally, as early as 1985. These racers are the ones who organized the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

In the mid 1990’s, several internal disagreements led to a split of the club with one group using the original Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association name and the other changing to Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.

The Midwest group has disbanded, leaving NSS Inc. the survivor.

NSS Inc. is still a private club which primarily does CLOSED events in the Midwest, mostly match-racing and exhibition programs. It also has jurisdiction in the Goodguys series. Accordingly, over the years it has evolved a set of subjective rules for its own purposes.

In contrast, NMCA created a season-long points series based on OPEN competition over a wide geographical area and accordingly has evolved a set of more objective rules for its purposes.

The Texas Outsiders is also a private club but has adopted NMCA rules for its events.

There might be some confusion from the history because from approximately 1989 to 1994, NSS Inc. (then Midwest) did exhibition programs at NMCA events.

Currently, some individual track owners and promoters also run NSS events based on their own subjective interpretations of what NSS racing is and should be.

Knowing the difference between closed exclusive and open inclusive formats is essential to understanding the current state of NSS racing and its rules.

Earlier this year, a committee of individual racers from NSS Inc., The Texas Outsiders and NMCA formed the Nostalgia Super Stock National Association in response to complaints about arbitrary rule-making and the need of the National Hot Rod Association for consistent management of NSS racing at its events.

Because of the nature of open competition at a national level, the NSSNA primarily adopted NMCA rules, with some revisions for clarification and for consistency with current practice in open events. These are the rules which are posted on the Evansville Chrysler and NSS-Monster websites.

As stated in the NSSNA charter, its rules are intended to be the standard for open competition, defined as an event at which anyone can pay an entry fee and become eligible for inspection. The NSSNA currently has jurisdiction at NHRA’s Hot Rod Reunion and the Dave Duell Classic NSS Nationals.

Individual racers and private clubs and others are free to make their own choices and that will always be a fundamental principle. However, the NSSNA believes that consistency in the rules is also a long-term benefit for the sport and encourages all participants to consider this aspect.

The traditional way to manage this difference in formats has been to change equipment and/or to have a vehicle for each format. While this solution requires additional financial and labor costs, perhaps that is still the best method in order to preserve both individual choice and integrity in the sport.

Rule-making is a difficult process that requires a balance between allowing for dynamic changes and also providing a stable format. Therefore, the NSSNA is constantly communicating with participants and reviewing the suitability of the rules consistent with actual and desired practice.

I hope this explanation helps clarify the current situation. We always welcome additional historical information.

Bob Wilkiewicz

Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.
Nostalgia Super Stock National Association

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: StillRock69] #174060
12/26/08 06:48 PM
12/26/08 06:48 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

422 Motorsports rules are directly from the NMCA. For those not familiar the NMCA is the sanctioning body that basically started Nostalgia Super Stock racing in the late '80s.

There currently are several organizations which write and endorse rules for the class of cars generally known as Nostalgia Super Stock.

Some of them are The Nostalgia Super Stock National Association, National Muscle Car Association, Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc, Texas Outsiders, the East Coast Nostalgia Super Stock Association, 422 Motorsports and so forth.

These groups have a variety of perspectives and purposes and therefore have differences among them.

As best we can research, the oldest of these is a private club named Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc., which can document its official origin to 1989 when it was then named the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

Prior to that, there were several individuals in Missouri running NSS-style cars informally, as early as 1985. These racers are the ones who organized the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

In the mid 1990’s, several internal disagreements led to a split of the club with one group using the original Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association name and the other changing to Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.

The Midwest group has disbanded, leaving NSS Inc. the survivor.

NSS Inc. is still a private club which primarily does CLOSED events in the Midwest, mostly match-racing and exhibition programs. It also has jurisdiction in the Goodguys series. Accordingly, over the years it has evolved a set of subjective rules for its own purposes.

In contrast, NMCA created a season-long points series based on OPEN competition over a wide geographical area and accordingly has evolved a set of more objective rules for its purposes.

The Texas Outsiders is also a private club but has adopted NMCA rules for its events.

There might be some confusion from the history because from approximately 1989 to 1994, NSS Inc. (then Midwest) did exhibition programs at NMCA events.

Currently, some individual track owners and promoters also run NSS events based on their own subjective interpretations of what NSS racing is and should be.

Knowing the difference between closed exclusive and open inclusive formats is essential to understanding the current state of NSS racing and its rules.

Earlier this year, a committee of individual racers from NSS Inc., The Texas Outsiders and NMCA formed the Nostalgia Super Stock National Association in response to complaints about arbitrary rule-making and the need of the National Hot Rod Association for consistent management of NSS racing at its events.

Because of the nature of open competition at a national level, the NSSNA primarily adopted NMCA rules, with some revisions for clarification and for consistency with current practice in open events. These are the rules which are posted on the Evansville Chrysler and NSS-Monster websites.

As stated in the NSSNA charter, its rules are intended to be the standard for open competition, defined as an event at which anyone can pay an entry fee and become eligible for inspection. The NSSNA currently has jurisdiction at NHRA’s Hot Rod Reunion and the Dave Duell Classic NSS Nationals.

Individual racers and private clubs and others are free to make their own choices and that will always be a fundamental principle. However, the NSSNA believes that consistency in the rules is also a long-term benefit for the sport and encourages all participants to consider this aspect.

The traditional way to manage this difference in formats has been to change equipment and/or to have a vehicle for each format. While this solution requires additional financial and labor costs, perhaps that is still the best method in order to preserve both individual choice and integrity in the sport.

Rule-making is a difficult process that requires a balance between allowing for dynamic changes and also providing a stable format. Therefore, the NSSNA is constantly communicating with participants and reviewing the suitability of the rules consistent with actual and desired practice.

I hope this explanation helps clarify the current situation. We always welcome additional historical information.

Bob Wilkiewicz

Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.
Nostalgia Super Stock National Association

Sounds like another governmental agency in the making.Ruled and regulated to death by DEP,EPA.OSHA,IMSHAW,NTB,PUC,NTC and IRS.and on and on.Let's just get a group together set some grund rules,see if we can get this thing started nand if it's successful build on it.Why try and pattern it after other closed organizations that may or may not be successful?

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: B G Racing] #174061
12/26/08 09:10 PM
12/26/08 09:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if 422 motorsports runs with us, im out. period

i raced once with them and we made our 1st time trial pass and told us whatever you ran on that run was your dialin.that pass was around 10:30am when it was 65 degress.
they told that after we made our pass not before, so what happened= 1st elimation round starts at around 1:00pm and its 95 degrees and all of our cars are off a .1 or better.
well 422 motorsports puts 100+ weight in their trunks and do there 1st time trial with the weight and at eliminations they pull out the weight and run there number.
the ECNSSA guys went berserk. i thought there was going to be fisticuffs.
like i said before they set there own ground rules to there advantage.
i want to have fun and not have to keep looking over my back sorry.
too many bad experiences with them.
they are not nice guys.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174062
12/26/08 09:20 PM
12/26/08 09:20 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

if 422 motorsports runs with us, im out. period

i raced once with them and we made our 1st time trial pass and told us whatever you ran on that run was your dialin.that pass was around 10:30am when it was 65 degress.
they told that after we made our pass not before, so what happened= 1st elimation round starts at around 1:00pm and its 95 degrees and all of our cars are off a .1 or better.
well 422 motorsports puts 100+ weight in their trunks and do there 1st time trial with the weight and at eliminations they pull out the weight and run there number.
the ECNSSA guys went berserk. i thought there was going to be fisticuffs.
like i said before they set there own ground rules to there advantage.
i want to have fun and not have to keep looking over my back sorry.
too many bad experiences with them.
they are not nice guys.

Wow!!!Anyone else want to share their experience?I only had the one encounter with them at BSD with Fred,I known Steve Reasbeck for over 40 years.I think we need more info before getting chummy with those boys.Hemi Fred want to enlighten us?

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: B G Racing] #174063
12/26/08 09:31 PM
12/26/08 09:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know they have really screwed Chris... They wouldn't let him run another time because his car wasn't lettered after inviting him to their race.
The only times we have ran against them were in NMCA and NSCA...They had no control on rules...
I will take Chris's side, they sound like dicks...

4903420-savoy006.jpg (38 downloads)
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174064
12/26/08 09:40 PM
12/26/08 09:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I know they have really screwed Chris... They wouldn't let him run another time because his car wasn't lettered after inviting him to their race.
The only times we have ran against them were in NMCA and NSCA...They had no control on rules...
I will take Chris's side, they sound like dicks...

it was a horrible feeling when we were all pitted together and they didnt even let me know i couldnt race till i was in the staging lanes. the guy DINK or DICK whatever says what are you doing up here. i said racing whatelse, he said not with us, your car isnt lettered. i said so big deal, my 63 plymouth max wedge completely original car unmolested done to the 9's doesnt look nostalic, are you kidding. this car has been run since 63 with no lettering and its staying this way. he said nope you cant run with us.
The proper thing to have done would have been run with us this time but in the future please put some lettering on the car.
the funny thing was they only had 8 cars show up, after me being banned, they were only left with 7.
if anyone has ever seen my 63 it still has the backseat in it, full 60/40 front benchseat still pushing trans buttons on the dash and running an original crossram intake with 3705 carter carbs.go figure.
obtw the car still doesnt have any lettering on it.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174065
12/26/08 09:52 PM
12/26/08 09:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With only eight cars, six were theirs right...
What a way to act...Normally they are first round casualties at any big event...Must have been terrified of you and your 63'....

4903469-coronet007.jpg (77 downloads)
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174066
12/26/08 10:07 PM
12/26/08 10:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

What a way to act...Normally they are first round casualties at any big event...Must have been terrified of you and your 63'....

that year that 63 was deadly consistent, i never thought of it that way, but after time trial 2 of their cars grenaded. that left 4 of their cars.they werent too happy, i was laughing as one threw a rod and was hanging out the block. he was pitted right next to me,he had the stones to ask to borrow some tools from me.
i told him, i think a little jb weld might work and you might make next round!!!!

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174067
12/26/08 10:17 PM
12/26/08 10:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

that year that 63 was deadly consistent, i never thought of it that way, but after time trial 2 of their cars grenaded. that left 4 of their cars.they werent too happy, i was laughing as one threw a rod and was hanging out the block. he was pitted right next to me,he had the stones to ask to borrow some tools from me.
i told him, i think a little jb weld might work and you might make next round!!!!

That's funny!!!! They must have shifted them way to high, maybe 6200...

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174068
12/26/08 10:31 PM
12/26/08 10:31 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
I've had good experiences with them, but they do try to maintain a link with the past. They do keep track of time trials, and your quickest is your dial, period. They feel it is the closest thing to the old "class index" style....and once you understand it it's OK. We had a little tiff with them the first year we ran with them, but once that was straightened out we found them to be good guys. Basically, what happened, is that Kyle took out a couple of them while he was driving my car, and all was right after that.

I am sorry you feel that way Chris, but if everyone decides it is a multi make race, and Beaver Bob wants to open it to anyone who meets the agreed upon rules, we really can't keep them out. I mean, we can't say "everyone is welcome but you guys". They support a lot of Beaver's Nostalgia events, and if there is any scores to settle it seems to me the only way to do it is out there on the track. A little bad blood may make it even more interesting.

Maybe we can get Goldberg involved and have a folding chair fight on the starting line prior to eliminations?

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174069
12/26/08 11:04 PM
12/26/08 11:04 PM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Steve,I'm with you. 422 Motorsports is a good group. Sounds like somebody has an agenda on here against them??? If you don't like them, stay home but this name calling is a bit much?? I can tell you Beaver Bob ain't getting rid of them. I'm very good friends with Bob and talked to him quite a bit at PRI. He is very excited about this up coming season. Have you heard about his new Mercury ebay buys??
Everytime I ran with 422 this season I picked my index, not what I ran in qualifying. The ladder was set off of reaction times in qualifying.
Over 40 cars were at the US 30 reunion race and over 30 at the final 422 Allstar race at MG. Somebody must like them???
Like I said before 422 Motorsports use NMCA rules which were basically NSCA rules too. Both were based on the Mid-West Nostalgia SS Assoc. rules that were set along time ago. They keep the class from being overrun with bracket specific cars. If you have a bracket car, bracket race. I've chosen to race NSS and my car was built to these rules. If you want to race NSS make your car fit the rules. Its not that hard....

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174070
12/26/08 11:18 PM
12/26/08 11:18 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

I am sorry you feel that way Chris, but if everyone decides it is a multi make race, and Beaver Bob wants to open it to anyone who meets the agreed upon rules, we really can't keep them out. I mean, we can't say "everyone is welcome but you guys". They support a lot of Beaver's Nostalgia events, and if there is any scores to settle it seems to me the only way to do it is out there on the track. A little bad blood may make it even more interesting.

If it goes down that way.I hope y'all can come to terms

4903712-DSCN0070.JPG (48 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: hemi-itis] #174071
12/26/08 11:26 PM
12/26/08 11:26 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Well, BG and I will set up a time and a place where everyone, Beaver Bob and all interested parties can meet and hash thing out. If it works, fine. if it doesn't, well, I'll still support the Nostalgia races at Beaver because they are the best.

I don't wish anyone ill will.....I just want to race. It has to be an event that the Beaver can see some positive in for his facility, and is a positive for all of the racers.

Let's just see what happens. It's still awful early to get ahead of ourselves.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs [Re: Steve1118] #174072
12/26/08 11:58 PM
12/26/08 11:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also like the 422 guys, The have some really trick cars and are there to race. period. Its not like they will be making the rules... so whats the big deal, the more cars the better right?

Casey

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174073
12/27/08 12:33 AM
12/27/08 12:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I also like the 422 guys, The have some really trick cars and are there to race. period. Its not like they will be making the rules... so whats the big deal, the more cars the better right?

Casey

I am with my son..If they want to race, the more the merrier I just don't understand why they treated my good pal Chris so badly...He has some of the nicest and fastest NSS cars around..
They have some beautiful cars as well..

4903855-coronet007.jpg (30 downloads)
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174074
12/27/08 10:13 AM
12/27/08 10:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

I am with my son..If they want to race, the more the merrier I just don't understand why they treated my good pal Chris so badly...He has some of the nicest and fastest NSS cars around..
They have some beautiful cars as well..

once bitten twice shy, but this time i was bitten twice.
ill race with them if they dont control any of the event. they will hve to conform to the rules that are mandated from the Beaver Springs or our guys.
either way ill put 422 on their trailer early and make sure im on my game.
then it'll be my turn to have the last laugh against 422 motorsports.

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174075
12/27/08 10:35 PM
12/27/08 10:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow Chris, That 63' should flat fly with your 588
in it...Indy 440-25 right?

4905313-savoy006.jpg (81 downloads)
Last edited by poppa J; 12/27/08 10:35 PM.
Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174076
12/28/08 03:09 AM
12/28/08 03:09 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
I was trying to get on the 422 motorsports web site but it keeps coming up Godaddy.com, it must be down. Are they running .010 index'es?

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: KD800X] #174077
12/28/08 09:32 AM
12/28/08 09:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Nostalgia Race at Beaver Springs #174078
12/28/08 10:37 AM
12/28/08 10:37 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

I was trying to get on the 422 motorsports web site but it keeps coming up Godaddy.com, it must be down. Are they running .010 index'es?

try this link

http://www.422motorsports.com/?b1b7cb08

I tried it and it still comes up Go Daddy. No big deal, I just wanted to look at there rules to see how there classes are set up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4