Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1733262
01/25/15 09:52 PM
01/25/15 09:52 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Go to any big money five-day bracket race and you will find dragsters and roadsters sitting outside in the sun all day long for the entire week....covered with tarps only over-night....some of these teams carry 4-5 dragsters in a trailer....they don't put them away every night....they would rather party

And these guys race week after week chasing the big buck races....they get their share of wear&tear

Rickster

Have you got a dragster???? I have 2 of them a 2012 & 2014 both purpose built T/D,and have owned dragsters since 1990 and can tell you 1st hand you can not leave the cage & seat uncovered all day in the hot sun or the seat,steering wheel and every daymn thing else will be so hot you can not set down in them or touch anything!Most times at the Big $$$ Bracket Races we carry 2 dragsters & 3 door-cars and put all 5 of them back in the trailers.And I have never noticed people leaving their cars out all night while they are gone partying!But to be honest I have never rode through the pits at night to see if anyone has left there cars out.But I do know this for certain you let a dragster set out in the hot sun very long when you set your a$$ down it,it will be like putting an egg in a hot frying fan. Ask me how I know that.

Not interested in what you do with your cars....just stated what I'm used to seeing.....and my roadster would sit out all day with nothing more than my jacket on the cage.

No need for you to respond.

Rickster

So you cover your cage with your jacket,is that not keeping the sun of your seat and belts instead of sitting open in the sun all day?

Just because you take no Pride in yourself or your Race-Car and you are foolish enough to leave your car sitting out in the open all day with your seat belts exposed to the sun all day instead of taking care of them like the rest of us,why should the rest of us have to pay for your Foolish mistakes?

You're an Imbecile....Period

Rick Blak

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: rickstershemi] #1733263
01/25/15 10:03 PM
01/25/15 10:03 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Go to any big money five-day bracket race and you will find dragsters and roadsters sitting outside in the sun all day long for the entire week....covered with tarps only over-night....some of these teams carry 4-5 dragsters in a trailer....they don't put them away every night....they would rather party

And these guys race week after week chasing the big buck races....they get their share of wear&tear

Rickster

Have you got a dragster???? I have 2 of them a 2012 & 2014 both purpose built T/D,and have owned dragsters since 1990 and can tell you 1st hand you can not leave the cage & seat uncovered all day in the hot sun or the seat,steering wheel and every daymn thing else will be so hot you can not set down in them or touch anything!Most times at the Big $$$ Bracket Races we carry 2 dragsters & 3 door-cars and put all 5 of them back in the trailers.And I have never noticed people leaving their cars out all night while they are gone partying!But to be honest I have never rode through the pits at night to see if anyone has left there cars out.But I do know this for certain you let a dragster set out in the hot sun very long when you set your a$$ down it,it will be like putting an egg in a hot frying fan. Ask me how I know that.

Not interested in what you do with your cars....just stated what I'm used to seeing.....and my roadster would sit out all day with nothing more than my jacket on the cage.

Rickster

So you cover your cage with your jacket,is that not keeping the sun of your seat and belts instead of sitting open in the sun all day?

Just because you take no Pride in yourself or your Race-Car and you are foolish enough to leave your car sitting out in the open all day with your seat belts exposed to the sun all day instead of taking care of them like the rest of us,why should the rest of us have to pay for your Foolish mistakes?

You're an Imbecile....Period

Rick Blak

You are nothing but a motor mouth clown with a slow azz roadster! My cars are fast!

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 01/25/15 10:08 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: pittsburghracer] #1733264
01/25/15 10:09 PM
01/25/15 10:09 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
5038 signatures since last Sunday

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: pittsburghracer] #1733265
01/25/15 10:11 PM
01/25/15 10:11 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Did you start the petition

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1733266
01/25/15 10:15 PM
01/25/15 10:15 PM
sing sing
U
unknown Offline
mopar
unknown  Offline
mopar
U

sing sing

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1733267
01/25/15 10:18 PM
01/25/15 10:18 PM
PA.
"Little"John
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

Quote:

Did you start the petition

. No there was a link on Facebook and yellowbullet

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: unknown] #1733268
01/25/15 10:19 PM
01/25/15 10:19 PM
Ambridge, Pa.
R
rickraw Offline
top fuel
rickraw  Offline
top fuel
R

Ambridge, Pa.
I wonder how much more beating the dead horse can take.

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: rickraw] #1733269
01/25/15 10:36 PM
PA.
"Little"John
"Little"John

PA.
Some people walk the fence their whole life. They complain but never do anything about it. Some never even vote in the presidential elections but instead let others make choices for them. I especially see this in the younger generation. Very scary future we have to look forward to.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: unknown] #1733270
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

TRAIN WRECK

Rickster

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1733271
01/25/15 10:40 PM
01/25/15 10:40 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Rickster

If you are foolish enough to leave your car sitting out in the open all day with your seat belts exposed to the sun all day instead of taking care of them like the rest of us,why should the rest of us have to pay for your Foolish mistakes?

I bet he wears his jacket.......but yet HE is the foolish one.............Pot, meet kettle.........LMFAO!!!!!

Monte your race car has not run since the "Roaring 60's" I think that tells everyone what they need to know about you! When and if you ever get your race car running again and only then maybe people will start paying attention to what you say.Talking about what one needs to do and doing it are not the same!When are you going to get off you Fat Butt from in front of the computer eating Bon Bons and telling us how great you are and show us how good of a racer you are?

I don't care if anyone pays attention to what I say or not. I am free to express my opinion like everyone else here, so thats what I do. People listen or they don't. Either way don't make much difference to me.

And One more time dude........even though I have said it SEVERAL times already. I make PLENTY of passes in the course of a year, just not in MY car at this time. I have a TS car in my garage right now that I will be testing when I finish my work on it, runs 4 teens. Will also be shaking down a grudge car in a few weeks we just finished up and it should be a low 4 sec player as well. I drive often for OTHER people.....and guess what, I WEAR my safety gear, ALL of it and never once complain about either having to buy, or wear it. In the past, I have driven alky funny cars, so I HAVE been on fire. I also had the wheelie bars break on a blown Pro-Mod, which put me on the roof a few years ago. I have NO problem with safety gear, because I have personally had it work for me on more than one occasion............And ALL you have done this whole thread is skirt the issue about you not wearing your own gear and talk about my car not running........which as of yet, have I figured out what THAT possibly has to do with this thread. But whatever dude.........carry on with it.

Oh yeah........and as far as getting in a HOT dragster, after it sits in the sun all day..........seems to me if you had pants, a jacket, shoes and gloves....it wouldn't really matter if it was hot...........LOL!!!.. But again, I don't know anything, because as you say, my own car hasn't run since the "roaring 60s"..........yeee haaa...........are we having fun yet........LOL!!!

Monte,do you want us to believe no more seat time that you have had you just jump in a Blown Pro Mad and make a pass
Racers who race weekly or for that matter once a month,do you think you could climb in a Blown Pro-Mod Car that runs 5:80's-590's in a 1/4 mile while having to shift gears and make a full pass?Think about it could you go from a 8-9 sec car with no clutch and hop in a Blown Pro Mod with a clutch and make a full pass?Yet Monte has not had his race car running since the 60's and you know there is no way he even makes 1 pass a month in any kind of a car much less drive a 8-9 sec car on a regular basis's.Monte gets carried away some times like in a post he made above when someone said they used old seat belts out of junk cars to pull engines & trans out of cars.Well Monte was not gonna let them out do him so he says..I Have Used A Rope To Pull Engines Out Of Cars!
As for him hoping in a alky funny Car with no seat time......
Would any of you that race weekly try and do that?
And to hear him Boast about how much better racer he is than the rest of us when his car has not running in many many years...if he was a good driver back then after going this many years with little to no seat time

PS I do have a fire suit that I can put on if I choose and get in my race car and race!

What does this have to do with an intelligent conversation concerning the process of establishing drag race standards, rules, and regulations in general and in particular, the effect that process has on the determination that the established accepted amount of time before the tensile strength of the material used in the construction of an SFI spec 16.1 drivers harness, falls below what is determined to be the minimum deemed acceptable, is 2 years?

I learn many things here. Most is valuable information shared by intelligent, experienced people. Some is not.

Really, you lost me at T-shirts and flip-flops. Back to seat belts please.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 01/25/15 10:47 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: CMcAllister] #1733272
01/25/15 10:46 PM
01/25/15 10:46 PM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

I learn many things here. Most is valuable information shared by intelligent, experienced people. Some is not.

Agreed!

The one piece of data that is missing is how strong are the belts before and after two years and at what point forces exerted on the average human body by said belts during deceleration will result in death?

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: CMcAllister] #1733273
01/25/15 10:55 PM
01/25/15 10:55 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama

What does this have to do with an intelligent conversation concerning the process of establishing drag race standards, rules, and regulations in general and in particular, the effect that process has on the determination that the established accepted amount of time before the tensile strength of the material used in the construction of an SFI spec 16.1 drivers harness, falls below what is deemed to be the minimum deemed acceptable, is 2 years?

Really, you lost me at T-shirts and flip-flops.

Show me where you have a Degree that makes you an expert on Seat Belt replacement.Feel free to tell us what makes you think you are smarter than all the rest of us racers.By the way what kind of race car do you even have?

Next tell me where you have ever saw me at wearing flip flops race track or any where else a picture would be nice.But just to show how smart you are or at least think you are I have never wore flip flops and won't ever.
Now that right there makes you a Liar,next time before you run your mouth get your facts straight.
And if you lie about that how do we know you are not telling a lie about everything else!

Last edited by MRMOPAR622; 01/25/15 10:57 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: gdonovan] #1733274
01/25/15 11:25 PM
01/25/15 11:25 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed!

The one piece of data that is missing is how strong are the belts before and after two years and at what point forces exerted on the average human body by said belts during deceleration will result in death?

That information is out there in documents published by the textile industry. This thread had me curious and I found it the other day while Googling around. Didn't want to tell any lies.

The human body exerts force on the belts as a result of G-forces produced in an accident. These G-forces may exceed what the the person may survive, but the driver HAS to be restrained inside of the protective structure of the car. That is his best chance of surviving.

A report on the Scotty Kallita accident states that he was restrained in the car throughout the incident. "Multiple impacts produced G-forces exceeding 100G, with some approaching or exceeding 200G."
Cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma. There are unsurvivable accidents, but the last thing we should want to see are videos on You Tube of a driver coming out of a car in any of these incidents.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: CMcAllister] #1733275
01/25/15 11:35 PM
01/25/15 11:35 PM
PA.
"Little"John
"Little"John

PA.
If I owned and raced a Top Fuel car I could see changing out the belts every two years.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: CMcAllister] #1733276
01/25/15 11:56 PM
01/25/15 11:56 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
The human body exerts force on the belts as a result of G-forces produced in an accident. These G-forces may exceed what the the person may survive, but the driver HAS to be restrained inside of the protective structure of the car. That is his best chance of surviving.

A report on the Scotty Kallita accident states that he was restrained in the car throughout the incident. "Multiple impacts produced G-forces exceeding 100G, with some approaching or exceeding 200G."
Cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma. There are unsurvivable accidents, but the last thing we should want to see are videos on You Tube of a driver coming out of a car in any of these incidents.

Yes the MAJOR factor is to keep the person inside
of the car/cage and yes there are times that the G
force will just be too great for the body to withstand
and the person still dies.. thats just the way it
is (but at least they are still in the car).. I did
find the data interesting.. now I wonder why
the material fails in a 2 year period.. I would think
that the manufacturer can/could come up with a product
that will last 5 years.. or greater.. far as I know from some of the data that
I remember sunlight is the killer on many of the
nylon procducts but we do have enough technology and
materials to over come the sunlight issue... I havent said
this has been a money deal for the companies but if
they were to build a 5 year system and charge a bit
more.. then maybe we would all be happy..... JMO
EDIT
On the graft that someone posted from the SFI... with
that graft I would have been thrown out of a meeting..
it has to have numbers

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 01/26/15 12:06 AM.
Re: Petition to change seat-belt rule from 2 to 5 years. [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1733277
01/26/15 01:09 AM
01/26/15 01:09 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I think this has gone on long enough. Not anything constructive going on. If you want to start a new thread feel free. Maybe it will become more information oriented and not degrade as much as this one has.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13