geezer acres rest home
D
dakotawilly Offline
mopar
dakotawilly  Offline
mopar
D

geezer acres rest home
doc is sporting a new fulton 707 w/split dominators.i wonder where he gets his nitrous magic from.i noticed he was wearing an interesting hat......

SFI 25.5 depends,no leak,even at 213 mph....
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: 590 Challenger] #1725727
01/10/15 01:41 PM
01/10/15 01:41 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry to say this but, the only time a mopar will make that top ten list is if they put a 632 big block chevy plus turbos or big shots of nos. The old farm truck is kicking out 1500 HP and can't get on.

Ouch, Speak for yourself

You might not would have the Fastest,but for sure would have the "Best Looking One"

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1725728
01/10/15 01:47 PM
01/10/15 01:47 PM
Parts unknown
590 Challenger Offline
mopar
590 Challenger  Offline
mopar

Parts unknown
Thanks!
BTW Mopars have no problem making 1,500 HP, you just need to yank a few spark plug wires off!!

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: 590 Challenger] #1725729
01/10/15 01:53 PM
01/10/15 01:53 PM
gulfport, ms, west mi
rowin4 Offline
master
rowin4  Offline
master

gulfport, ms, west mi
I am sure there are many groups of street drag racers around the country. As shown in previous shows guy's from Texas and illinois. What's coming up in future shows i do not know. Do you know of any Street racer Mopars out there that would be candidates for the show? Don't get me wrong , I race Mopar, never raced any other brand in 40 plus years, even did the street racing thing back in the 60"s I just don't see a street /race Mopar making the list. Just my opinion just like you have yours. And will continue to

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: MoparBilly] #1725730
01/10/15 02:27 PM
01/10/15 02:27 PM
Metro Detroit
OUTLAWD Offline
top fuel
OUTLAWD  Offline
top fuel

Metro Detroit
Quote:

The Sonoma has traction control, and I'm sure he isn't the only one. My brother really wants to go after Derek at some point, he's been invited once to run for the Tulsa guys, but chickened out.

Would love to see the Gremmie...err..."Spike" out there...some tough competition for sure though.

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1725731
01/10/15 03:09 PM
01/10/15 03:09 PM
St. Charles, MO.
S
Slingshot383 Offline
mopar
Slingshot383  Offline
mopar
S

St. Charles, MO.
Why does the S10 do so good? Wheelbase. It's riding on a 125" wheelbase where the rest are on 110" - 115", and it DOES make a difference.

1994 Undercover Chassis 125" altered stack injected big block, soon blown and injected Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: Slingshot383] #1725732
01/10/15 03:12 PM
01/10/15 03:12 PM
St. Charles, MO.
S
Slingshot383 Offline
mopar
Slingshot383  Offline
mopar
S

St. Charles, MO.
The"Chicago" race did not happen in Chicago, it happened in St. Charles county Missouri, and they waited until the rains came in before trying to race. Remember, it's their show and they hold all the cards, and if things aren't going their way, then here comes the scripted drama.

1994 Undercover Chassis 125" altered stack injected big block, soon blown and injected Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1725733
01/10/15 03:24 PM
01/10/15 03:24 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since its winter time and my motor is not in the car... I figured I would post this to stir up the pot and give us something to complain, argue and blitch about...

Quote:

1. Monza nitrous
2. Daddy Dave nitrous
3. Chief twin turbo
4. Shawn twin turbo
5. Doc nitrous
6. Derick nitrous
7. Andarcade nitrous( has switched to turbos but hasn't raced yet as turbo)
8. Kamikaze nitrous
9. Boosted turbo
10. Dominator nitrous

So only two turbo cars in top 5

IF you were to enter into their top 10 list... Where do you think you would be ranked? You can use your street or race car...

Just to get this rolling.. I think I would slide in to about the #6 position with my N/A big tire Duster..

So you think you can beat a tube chassis dart with a 632 on two nitrous kits with a na car? That's just the gate keeper.

I know I can

I have a good guess where you would end up if you leaned on your setup. But we all know the street is the great equalizer. It would be a big advantage those boys would have with there steamrollers against your TT5 tires.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: Slingshot383] #1725734
01/10/15 03:30 PM
01/10/15 03:30 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
We, this area, have a red duster on 10 tires run 4.90s, just a reg car with a lot of no2. Ever drive a car with a 6.17 gear?

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: cudaman1969] #1725735
01/10/15 03:36 PM
01/10/15 03:36 PM
Nebraska
70VcodeCoronetRT Offline
top fuel
70VcodeCoronetRT  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
What do you guys think they have dollar wise into the top dogs? (Murdered Nova, Big Chief) Over 100k?

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: 70VcodeCoronetRT] #1725736
01/10/15 04:00 PM
01/10/15 04:00 PM
Hightstown, NJ
njdevil2 Offline
mopar
njdevil2  Offline
mopar

Hightstown, NJ
I've watched this show...sporadically...and really not impressed with the cars or the participants....I've seen guys from Philly and Brooklyn that would put these guys to shame, Mopar or not.
Being from both sides of the aisle (street and strip), a well thought out Mopar will more than likely blow all these guys off their so called "list".
But that's with any car. It has to be well thought out for the purpose.

And that's MY ....

1970 road runner Convertible
1 of 179
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: njdevil2] #1725737
01/10/15 05:15 PM
01/10/15 05:15 PM
San Angelo, Texas
W8n2DustU Offline
super stock
W8n2DustU  Offline
super stock

San Angelo, Texas
It's all about the chassis set up. Has little to do with hp. If they were so bad ass they would show up at one of the big heads up events with their cars/trucks. Instead they are there walking around all cocky and stuck up. I saw Daddy Dave in Georgia without his truck. I've been to Tulsa and none of them or their cars were there. I'll run anyone of them for 10k on a prepped track with N/T on my windshield. The streets they are racing on are fairly well prepped. There's alot of rubber down on every starting line they show on tv. It's a show and things are not all as it appears. Yes they have some bad rides for sure but not as bad as you might think for what's under the hood. And Farm truck won't run a 5 anything! Bet that!

2010 Toxic Orange Challenger built by B and B Racecars! All aluminum R4/P5 engine, Proformance TH400 (3 speed) tranny, full Reid case, nodular 9" rearend, full Dragpak suspension, Protorque custom converter, BS3, PTE 85mm turbo, fire core wires, carbon doors, carbon front clip, and a whole lot more!
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: W8n2DustU] #1725738
01/10/15 05:30 PM
01/10/15 05:30 PM
Dayton, OH
1980volare Offline
My man card has just been revoked.
1980volare  Offline
My man card has just been revoked.

Dayton, OH
Electronics and big tires. Between the nitrous controller technology, boost controller technology, and new efi systems that have integrated traction control, that's really what makes them fast on the street.

Oversized stiff wall slicks and preping the road helps as well. I really hate holding conversations with alot of track racers who think they can pull their bracket car out and think they will go drag them around, I find that very ignorant. Those cars are no joke, I belive the s10 went 6.50 (1/4) like 4 or 5 years ago. I bet the slowest car on the list might go 5.2-5.0 in the 1/8 on a bad pass.

One of the local guys railed Lutz in his car 2 years ago at the arm drop drags on a 26x8.5 tire. Granted he spun, but a win is a win. http://youtu.be/rodSbV4ORkU

They are fast and your average race car won't get it done without alot of testing and dollars.

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: 1967dartgt] #1725739
01/10/15 06:09 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Since its winter time and my motor is not in the car... I figured I would post this to stir up the pot and give us something to complain, argue and blitch about...

Quote:

1. Monza nitrous
2. Daddy Dave nitrous
3. Chief twin turbo
4. Shawn twin turbo
5. Doc nitrous
6. Derick nitrous
7. Andarcade nitrous( has switched to turbos but hasn't raced yet as turbo)
8. Kamikaze nitrous
9. Boosted turbo
10. Dominator nitrous

So only two turbo cars in top 5

IF you were to enter into their top 10 list... Where do you think you would be ranked? You can use your street or race car...

Just to get this rolling.. I think I would slide in to about the #6 position with my N/A big tire Duster..

So you think you can beat a tube chassis dart with a 632 on two nitrous kits with a na car? That's just the gate keeper.

I know I can

I have a good guess where you would end up if you leaned on your setup. But we all know the street is the great equalizer. It would be a big advantage those boys would have with there steamrollers against your TT5 tires.

i have a really good clue on this street race thingy. tt5 or not

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: W8n2DustU] #1725740
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

It's all about the chassis set up. Has little to do with hp. If they were so bad ass they would show up at one of the big heads up events with their cars/trucks. Instead they are there walking around all cocky and stuck up. I saw Daddy Dave in Georgia without his truck. I've been to Tulsa and none of them or their cars were there. I'll run anyone of them for 10k on a prepped track with N/T on my windshield. The streets they are racing on are fairly well prepped. There's alot of rubber down on every starting line they show on tv. It's a show and things are not all as it appears. Yes they have some bad rides for sure but not as bad as you might think for what's under the hood. And Farm truck won't run a 5 anything! Bet that!

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: bigtimeauto] #1725741
01/10/15 06:39 PM
01/10/15 06:39 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

I say bullcrap, Monte will farm truck run 5s? thats only a low 9 second pass

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: Slingshot383] #1725742
01/10/15 06:48 PM
01/10/15 06:48 PM
Indiana
EV2DEMON Offline
The Camaro Kid
EV2DEMON  Offline
The Camaro Kid

Indiana
Quote:

The"Chicago" race did not happen in Chicago, it happened in St. Charles county Missouri, and they waited until the rains came in before trying to race. Remember, it's their show and they hold all the cards, and if things aren't going their way, then here comes the scripted drama.

This is 100% wrong. The Chicago race took place on Schweitzer Rd, the road that runs between Route 66 raceway and Chicagoland Speedway, just south of Joliet IL.

This picture was taken the next day, and you can clearly see the dragstrip and dirt track grandstands in the far left of the picture.

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: W8n2DustU] #1725743
01/10/15 06:53 PM
01/10/15 06:53 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

I always find this type stuff humorous.......so why, would they bring their cars, which are setup for the STREET to a heads up event, prepped for radials.......why would they do that. They KNOW they would get their asses handed to them and they will tell you that..............BUT, you take your RACE car out there and run them in THEIR environment, you are likely to get humbled VERY quickly. What a car runs on the track, means very little as to what it will do on a public street, whether it has some rubber on it or not.

And when I said above that 6 of the cars on the list will run sub 5 sec ETs.........that is NOT what they run at the TRACK. That is what they run ON THE STREET, when they make good clean passes. And the reason I say this, is because I KNOW this. I have seen the data. Not rocket science to lay a street graph, on top of a race track graph, where you know the ET it ran and compare the data.

These guys are NOT setup for track racing. The cars have lots of bite, lots of rear percentage and loose suspension. NONE of which is condusive to stellar ETs on a prepped track..........but does it work on the street.........yes it does. Long list of guys who think it's easy and are going to go out there and show the "Outlaws" what's what. Funny thing is........it hasn't happened yet.

Jeff Lutz told me face to face, that when he went out there, he left the same tune in the 57 that had just gone 6.80s at 215 in Baytown and that it made a surprisingly clean pass down the street. The Sonoma marched away from him on the street..........That's pretty fast.

Bottom line, you think you got what it takes to "show them"........all you have to do......is go do it

Chads Buick has a 5.0 bore space motor. We run 4 teens on radials. I could put Doc's motor in our car and probably go 4.20s-.30s as his stuff is not quite as good as ours. Now, am I saying Doc's car should go that fast at the track if properly setup.......maybe, if it was setup right and at the same weight as us......but it's NOT and it WON'T. What I AM saying though, is we take Chad's Buick out there, even with 10.5 slicks on it and we are going to have a BAD day on the street..........On BIG tires, might be a different story, but that's a moot point, because that is not what we have

Monte

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1725744
01/10/15 07:05 PM
01/10/15 07:05 PM
Oklahoma City OK
Cudajon Offline
pro stock
Cudajon  Offline
pro stock

Oklahoma City OK
I work right around the corner from these guys, so If you want your car in the races I have garage space and will do my best to get it in Line. I can tell you though there's a lot of cars that want to be in that line and are slugs.

Re: Stupid Street Outlaw question for you....... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1725745
01/10/15 08:54 PM
01/10/15 08:54 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

I always find this type stuff humorous.......so why, would they bring their cars, which are setup for the STREET to a heads up event, prepped for radials.......why would they do that. They KNOW they would get their asses handed to them and they will tell you that..............BUT, you take your RACE car out there and run them in THEIR environment, you are likely to get humbled VERY quickly. What a car runs on the track, means very little as to what it will do on a public street, whether it has some rubber on it or not.

And when I said above that 6 of the cars on the list will run sub 5 sec ETs.........that is NOT what they run at the TRACK. That is what they run ON THE STREET, when they make good clean passes. And the reason I say this, is because I KNOW this. I have seen the data. Not rocket science to lay a street graph, on top of a race track graph, where you know the ET it ran and compare the data.

These guys are NOT setup for track racing. The cars have lots of bite, lots of rear percentage and loose suspension. NONE of which is condusive to stellar ETs on a prepped track..........but does it work on the street.........yes it does. Long list of guys who think it's easy and are going to go out there and show the "Outlaws" what's what. Funny thing is........it hasn't happened yet.

Jeff Lutz told me face to face, that when he went out there, he left the same tune in the 57 that had just gone 6.80s at 215 in Baytown and that it made a surprisingly clean pass down the street. The Sonoma marched away from him on the street..........That's pretty fast.

Bottom line, you think you got what it takes to "show them"........all you have to do......is go do it

Chads Buick has a 5.0 bore space motor. We run 4 teens on radials. I could put Doc's motor in our car and probably go 4.20s-.30s as his stuff is not quite as good as ours. Now, am I saying Doc's car should go that fast at the track if properly setup.......maybe, if it was setup right and at the same weight as us......but it's NOT and it WON'T. What I AM saying though, is we take Chad's Buick out there, even with 10.5 slicks on it and we are going to have a BAD day on the street..........On BIG tires, might be a different story, but that's a moot point, because that is not what we have

Monte Is the street racing all they do,they do not run any other kind of racing? Question only I was just wondering if they put that much $$$ in there cars just to do there Out-Law Street Racing.There is nothing wrong with it I sure you know as well as I do there are a lot of Grudge Race cars with just as much $$$ tied up in them. I like the show and will either tape it are watch it there entire season!

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9