09/12/05 02:00 PM
09/12/05 02:00 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I used to use Acetone to start my race car. It was always hard starting until I used it! I worked at Essex wire and we used acetone and toluene for cleaning the painting wheels on wire dye and stripe machines. I dropped a wheel in the vat once and it splashed in my eyes. I was in the hospital for a couple of days after that! Acetone is what is used to up the octane in all fuels!

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: Rhinodart] #17246
09/13/05 04:04 AM
09/13/05 04:04 AM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
ACETONE AND TOLUNE BOTH ADD OCTANE TO THE MIX WELL ACTUALLY DANGLING BONDS OF CARBON ON THE CHAIN OF HYDROGEN. THEY DONT ADD OXYGEN AND ARE BOTH FAIRLY OK WITH NO MORE THAN 20% IN GASOLINE WITHOUT DISOLVING PLASTICS.
i ADD 20% ACETONE AND ANOTHER 10% METHONAL.
BUT NOW THE GAS PUMPS ALRTEADY HAVE 10% ALCOHOL ADDED SO LIMIT YOUR METHONAL ADDITION 25% AND IT RUNS ROUGH CAUSE YOU NEED BIGGER CARB JETS FOR ALCOHOL BUT 10-15% ACETONE OR TOLUNE IS FINE AND SHOULD GIVE YOU MORE POWER AND LESS PING.
XYLENE ALSO IS GREAT , BUY IT AT HOME DEPO BUT DONT BREATH OR GET ON SKIN-CARCIGOEN FROM LONG TERM USE. NOT TO BE AFRAID, OCCASIONAL POURING WONT KILL YA UNLESS YOU SNORT IT TO GET HIGH.
A LITTLE LIGHT OIL IS ALSO GOOD 2% LIKE TRANNY FLUID AS A TOP CYL LUBE SINCE SOLVENTS WASH DOWN OIL FILM REAL QUICK.
CHEMICALS ARE FUN FUN FUN

PS ADD A LITTLE PURE OXYGEN FROM A 40 CUFT CYL MOUNTED IN TRUNK REGULATE TO 5 PSI AND IT WILL RUN LIKE YOUR AT 200- FT BELOW SEA LEVEL CAUSE LOW RACE TRACKS HAVE MORE DENSE AIR TO OXYGEN CONCENTRATION 19-21 % SO KEEP IT AT 22% OF TOTAL AIR FLOW ANY MORE AND IT WILL LEAN OUT INJECT IT AT THE CARB VENTURIES WITH AN ORIFACE.
i DID IT SEVERAL TIMES ON dEMOLITION CARS AND RAN ACETYLENNE AND OXYGEN 50/50 MIX ,IT WAS AN ANIMAL TILL IT MELTED THE PISTONS, I JUST SHOVED THE WELDING TIP INTO AN INTAKE VACUUM LINE AND CRANKED UP THE GAS TILL THE IDLE WENT CRAZY HIGH.

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: HemiGreg] #17247
09/13/05 12:14 PM
09/13/05 12:14 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

RAN ACETYLENNE AND OXYGEN 50/50 MIX ,IT WAS AN ANIMAL TILL IT MELTED THE PISTONS, I JUST SHOVED THE WELDING TIP INTO AN INTAKE VACUUM LINE AND CRANKED UP THE GAS....

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17248
09/13/05 01:23 PM
09/13/05 01:23 PM
Not2farfromNashville, TN
R
Rug_Trucker Offline
I Live Here
Rug_Trucker  Offline
I Live Here
R

Not2farfromNashville, TN
Sounds like this guy has answers for everything! The political implications of bad mileage etc. Is real. Is there a web page with prototype "Fogerators" on it?

Has anyone priced acetone?

My cousin runs premium in his Dodge truck because he gets better mileage over regular. He claims it negates the extra cost of buying premium.

And if cold air is bad for combustion, and warm air is better then why put a ram air set-up on a racecar?

"The only thing to do for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

"NUNQUAM NON PARATUS!"
Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: Rug_Trucker] #17249
09/13/05 02:24 PM
09/13/05 02:24 PM
Upstate, NY
MikeP Offline
master
MikeP  Offline
master

Upstate, NY
All theses solvents are cracked from crude, so their price should follow the market.

Last edited by BATMAN; 09/13/05 03:01 PM.
Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: MikeP] #17250
09/17/05 01:44 AM
09/17/05 01:44 AM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
COLD AIR IS CAPABLE OF HOLDING A DENSER OXYGEN CHARGE 21% VS 19 % ON A HOT HUMID DAY
POWER IS DERIVED FROM TEMPATURE AND PRESSURE DIFFERENTIOAL.
THE LOVER THE TRACK YOU RUN AT THE BETTER THE AIR YOU GET INTO YOUR MIXTURE. 1% OXYGEN MEANS A HECK ALOT OF POWER.
WE HUMANS LIVE ON 19-21.5 % AND ON HOT DAYS WHEN IT DROPS TO 19% YOU FEEL WEAK AND EXHAUSTED.
ALMOST ALL SOLVENTS COME FROM CRACKING PETEROLEUM FOR OIL AND GAS AND THEY BURN MOST OF IT OFF ON THE TOWERS YOU SEE IN REFIRENERIES.
ACETONE IS WHAT IS ADDED TO MAKE RACE GAS HIGH OCTAND AND PING RESISTANT, AND METHANOL IS ADDED TO TO COOL THE MIXTURE, RUN A TEST WITH A HYGROMETER AND SEE WHAT FLOATS AND ADJUST YOUR JETS FOR MAXIUM COMBUSTION. LIKE THE FUNNNY CARS DO
YOU CAN ALSO USE A OPTICAL PUROMETER TO OPTIMIZE YOUT FLAME FROMNT TRAVEL LIKE YOU DO ON AN OIL BURNER. REMEMBERAaCETYLENNE GAS IS REALLY ACETONE DISOLVED IN FOAM AND PROVIDES 4000 DEGREES OF HEAT WITH A 10% PERCENT OXYGEN.
DID YOU EVER SHOOT A ARMOR PIERCING BULLETT AT A FULL b CYLINDER OF HYDROGEN FROM 1000 FT AND SEE THE POWER REALEASED.
GASOLINE IS ONE OF THE LEAST VOLITILE BTU CONTAINING FLUIDS AND IS A WASTE OF TIME USING AS A MOTOR FUEL.
i VOTE FOR HYDROGEN AND OXYGEN MIXED IN THE CYLINDER AND YOU WILL GET 1000 TIMES THE POWER TO EWIGHT RATIO.
(SEE SPACE SHUTTLE IT DOESENT USE GASOLINE DOES IT?????)

THINK WHITE PHOSPHOROUS MIXEX WITH VERY FINE 99.9999.ALUMINIUL AND MAGNESIUM AS A SOLID FUEL IN A SODIUM METAL CASE. 2 GRAMS OF THE STUFF WILL TAKE DOWN A HOUSE SO IMAGINE WHEN DIRECTED INTO A CHAMBER AND NOZZLE AND POINTED DOWN 1320FT??????
iLL DRIVE. THE REACTION IS CALLED DEFLGRATING WHICH MEANS MOVES FASTER THAN 1200 FT/SEC CAN YOU IMAGINE A 1.2 SECONG QUARTER MILE????????????????? COOL

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17251
09/17/05 07:56 AM
09/17/05 07:56 AM
Andrews,In. U.S.of A.
67_Satellite Offline
super stock
67_Satellite  Offline
super stock

Andrews,In. U.S.of A.
Anybody have any mileage tests to report on? Brand of gas which worked best?Out of all the internet postings I have read on the subject,there were scoffers and believers but not one horror story anywhere about catastrophic fuel system/engine damage.I bought a pint of the 100% pure stuff from Walgreens, and will try it in the 95 Stratus.I had about 10 gallons in the tank,so i went ahead and added 2 ounces to it.Been working it through the fuel system this week but not paying any attention to m.p.g.I will top the tank off before driving to work next week and add more acetone to see if it helps.May have to try different brands of gas too to see which it likes best.

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: 67_Satellite] #17252
09/17/05 08:36 AM
09/17/05 08:36 AM
Upper Midwest
M
MoparforLife Offline
Too Many Posts
MoparforLife  Offline
Too Many Posts
M

Upper Midwest
'If' acetone is in fact an otane inhenser as stated above it will in effect slow the burn rate of the gas is what octane does. which in turn will require the timing to be advanced to get a complete burn of the fuel charge.

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: MoparforLife] #17253
09/17/05 10:38 AM
09/17/05 10:38 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

well i tried the assatone. heres the story so far. my exhaust smells much better when idleing. can't get my nose back there while driving tho.? i run as lean as i can. i dont have any black smoke that i can see when revving the engine in the driveway or on a full throttle run. but with the acetone in da gas i get black smoke when revving the engine. so it must effect the octane or slow down the burn. no assatone no dark smoke. cant say i got more power from it. engine starts just the same as before. gotta keep em fine tuned with lots of tlc. that is what makes em run. snake oil cures just dont seem to do anything. at least i don't stink as much when i'm idle--ing. anyone else have some concrete info about the acetone?(this has been my longest thread) everybody keeps coming back for more. acetone is strange stuff.

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17254
09/17/05 09:48 PM
09/17/05 09:48 PM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
yes Acetone and tolune and xylene smell sweet especially xylene at 20% and you can advance the timing as i do with my MSD timing control on the dash by 20 degrees and it wakes up the power.
I have run 100% acetone and Xylene and a quart of tranny fluid for lube when out of gas and timing was like 40 something degrees WOW.
but it did smoke a bit and a cop pulled me over and said you burning candy in that thing???? HAHA
I had a stint where I had to didpose of 300 gallons of Xylene and 200 gallons of Methonal and 60 of acetylene so I went nutzo running this stuff for a year emissions- whats that on a 25 year old car.
I had one guy run my 88 lincoln with 20% xylene and 20 % methanol and the rest gas and he could not get the unit to read, cause its not calibrated for such high %% loads. I laughed and told him its running on water and dumped a poland spring bottle of IPA (methnoal and acetone into the tank) and his eyes opened wide like WOW, do you have a patent on this , I said yes its a special Carb with solid hydrogeh taken from old lithium hudride batteries from cell phones and laptops. and he believed me..

then I procedded to do a station long burnout with my front wheels 2.2 plymouth with a injector above each front wheel spraying a tranny oil and alcohol mix., the tranny oil makes for nice smoke show. button is built into the shifter handel labeled power boost.

HA HA fun fun
go ace tone I swear by it. buy it in bulk from paint supply in 5 gal cans it will help starting as its more ignitable at low temp than gasoline
dont bother with the gasline antifreeze its junk like 10% water and all the waste solvent from the refirnieries.
ps you can run a car on Barcardi 151 when stranded
ask me how i know. problem is how much for the car and how much for the driver

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: HemiGreg] #17255
09/17/05 10:32 PM
09/17/05 10:32 PM
Nebraska
BLUECUDA Offline
super street
BLUECUDA  Offline
super street

Nebraska
So let me get this right I can get some Acetone and put in my gas tank and WAALAA!!! RACEGAS!!!
I can get TONS of acetone we use it everyday at work but I want to know if I was to pull up in my 89 buick regal with the fuel injected 6 it will run fine??? AND could give me more power???

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17256
09/17/05 10:48 PM
09/17/05 10:48 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I have just put 4oz. of acetone into the tank of my 2000 300M. Before, I was getting a consistent 24.3 mpg average according to the factory trip computer, which is pretty darn accurate as found after 110,000 mi. of checking it.
I feel that 24.3 mpg is'nt bad for a nearly 4,00lb vehicle. The only things installed so far was the use of Mobil 1 and a fresh set of plugs. Since i had already started to track mileage and conserve fuel, It will be interesting to see what changes acetone will make as i have'nt seen anyone report any real problems with o2 sensors etc. I bought a quart at Wall Mart for less than 5 bucks which comes out to .15 cents per ounce. I'll let everyone know the good the bad and the ugly

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17257
09/17/05 10:54 PM
09/17/05 10:54 PM
Nebraska
BLUECUDA Offline
super street
BLUECUDA  Offline
super street

Nebraska
What would that be per. Gallon $

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: BLUECUDA] #17258
09/17/05 11:11 PM
09/17/05 11:11 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

While it would have been cheaper to buy a gallon at $11.97, if it did'nt work i would'nt have any use for the rest. That IS what you were really asking, was'nt it ??

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: BLUECUDA] #17259
09/17/05 11:15 PM
09/17/05 11:15 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I had a lawnmower years ago that a neighbor friend gave to me ( I was REALLY poor back then) and it was always hard to start. I had some EVERCLEAR left over
from a party a year before in my shed. I'd pour a bit down the carb and it would fire right up. Finally, it didn't want to start one day so,I got PO'd and dumped about 1/2 a fifth of the stuff in the tank and some in the carb. I thought the blade was going to fly off!! It literally was THROWING the grass about 2 feet out the side discharge! IT NEVER RAN AGAIN ....
just my

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17260
09/18/05 01:33 AM
09/18/05 01:33 AM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
you guys are running too little acetone use about a quart per tank I use a 2 liter bottle worth into 20 gallons of gas. and yes it does expand the gasoline molecules and allow bettter oxygen infilitration therefore a better burn.
Im a mad scientist, chemist,electro mechnical engineer and have a masters at all this as well as 20 years of being in unrestrained R&D for the worlds biggest electronics company and also own 8 international patents and have taken part in 23 more so im not just guessing im basing on quantitive facts.
we also run all sorts of crazy gasses, reactors, sub micron x ray technology, laser diodes and I regulary have to go into a level A Hazmat suit to sort out someones mess if you know what Hazmat is.
and yes platnium helps gasoline and oxygen separate better thats why its used in cataclytic converters but too expensive to use as a MPG increaser.
in fact im driving home tonight 20 miles on pure acetone with 10% Xylene for the sweet smell so there. 88 lincoln with full cats.
why do you thing alcohol cars run 14:1 and 15:1 comp ratios for their ability to compress and not diesel under the aedibatic heat of compression .but when you add the spark wow
im mixing up some hydrogen peroxide and methanol with glacial nitric acid for fun tomorrow. if it doesnt blow the heads off the car.
hydrogen = Boom
Peroxide= oxygen more boom
Methanol= Spark ignited boom
Nitric Glacial compound= Nitro methane=Boom Boom

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: HemiGreg] #17261
09/18/05 01:56 AM
09/18/05 01:56 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

OK how much should i add to a diesel?

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17262
09/18/05 02:22 AM
09/18/05 02:22 AM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
I dont think diesel will benefit from its anti ping qualities other than keeping the system nice and clean try a couple ounces.
I know many guys that add kerosene to diesel for the winter to keep things flowing better but at 18:1 and more the ace tone will become self ignited so keep it to a minimum just for cleaning out the injectors
may be this week Ill add 1/2 gal to a friends diesel beater truck and see what happens
he already dumps waste motor oil mixed with 10% gasoline into it and it runs ok

Re: acetone in da gas????? [Re: HemiGreg] #17263
09/18/05 09:04 AM
09/18/05 09:04 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hemigreg--I believe everything you say because I know Nothing about fuels .Sad because I am a auto tech.I see you're running your fuel concoctions in an 88 Lincoln ,If it does blow the heads off you can buy another car for 1000 bucks Not sure I would give all the advice to normal folks to run these in there 6 yr financed late model vehicles to get better gas mileage and power.Blowing the heads off under warranty would be a problem and somebody would figure out what happened.

However ,since I am adventuristic what is the bottom line in plain english -2 liters per 20 gals?

Re: acetone in da gas????? #17264
09/18/05 07:13 PM
09/18/05 07:13 PM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
well last night i was on the low fuel light which means about 2 gals of gasoline so I added 3 gallons of acetone and 1 gallon of methanol. and wow. IT WAS LIKE A BIGBLOCK!!!
THE THROTTLE RESPONSE WAS DANGEROUSLY GOOD
I only recomend small amounts on newer cars like 5% or one quart per tank ful for a little more perky response, the O2 sensor will adjust the enrichment as per the correct ratio so no probs there only on carbrated cars you need bigger jets for 20% or more.
but wow it was fun. even blew out a tire doing burnouts at work and pushing a loaded 40 yard dumpster 300 ft.
and my 88 lincoln was 200 bucks not 1000.
you can get them all day at the dealer auctions cheap.
but i also runity in my 2.2 4 cyl with no probs it runs cooler also about 10 degrees on the head tempature by thermocouple, i dont trust water temp gauges.
now to figure how to run the car on beer and ill be set.
PS I use 99.99999 % pure Acetone semiconductor grade so no black smoke from impurites.
Ill let you know how the nitro/acetone/methanol works out. Ill be riding with a big fire extingusher nearby.
1 liter per 20 gals is more reasonable on a late model under warrantee.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8