11/13/14 02:45 PM
11/13/14 02:45 PM
Baltimore/Denver
64Post Offline
master
64Post  Offline
master

Baltimore/Denver
Well, the more I hear about their quality, the more I'm interested. I'm tired of having an exhaust port on my MCH RPMs welded up to fix a water leak.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: 64Post] #1694244
11/13/14 02:53 PM
11/13/14 02:53 PM
NE Ohio
DoubleD Offline
top fuel
DoubleD  Offline
top fuel

NE Ohio
The simple fact is that Trick-Flow is in the business to sell heads – remember they are an affiliate company of Summit Racing (read owned by) – They produce high quality products for a very focused market – I think it’s great we now have another quality option for an out of the box head – I know there is more to come – give them some time. It will be great to have a CNC’d true bolt on head that does not require extensive re-work or you have to worry about the seats falling out or a porous casting leaking or worse cracking.

Blocks will eventually come from somebody – demand is building – hence there is a market present – it’s just ma-Mopar has to loosen the reins a little for it to happen -although the rough casting may have to come from china to make the cost justifiable.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: DoubleD] #1694245
11/13/14 03:14 PM
11/13/14 03:14 PM
Amarillo, Texas
BBR Offline OP
master
BBR  Offline OP
master

Amarillo, Texas
Since 2007 I have owned 2 sets of Trick Flow Powerport 290 heads for big Fords and their casting and machine work quality is fantastic. I never once had an issue with either set.

I am excited they are using their resources to expand their product line to any Mopar instead of using those resources to develop yet another SBC or SBF head.

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: Fury Fan] #1694246
11/14/14 03:05 AM
11/14/14 03:05 AM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great......

Another head that drops right in the middle of a sea of mundane offerings to power a BBM down Main St.. What's that, about a dozen or more BBM heads that can't outflow a decent SBC piece, but still have the ability to bust a piece of junk 45 year old block???

No good iron, or CG blocks and not a single head casting that can top the ancient PSO.

I NEVER thought I'd see a day when it was better to be a Pontiac guy, as far as the performance aftermarket and R & D worlds are concerned. What's next.....another stock style HEMI head???

What an absolute farce the MOPAR aftermarket is......

Trick Flow doesn't make blocks...perhaps you should whine to Block companies about the lack of BB mopar blocks...and not whine about getting a better quality of cylinder head than most of the current offerings.

Reading comprehension issue???

Did I SAY they make blocks???

I guess all these low power engines need a "better quality" cylinder head because the Ebrock, Indy, B1 and whatever other heads are out there in this category of cylinder head are just coming apart at the seems.

OU812 doesn't have a reading comprehension issue.

Trick Flow doesn't make *any* products of the type you want, and you're upset because they're releasing something new of what they *do* make. If we follow your logic there should be no new products permitted by anyone unless they release a cylinder block first. Are you upset at all the different intake manifolds out there too???

So go get a home equity loan, find a pattern shop and casting house, and start working on it yourself. You'll find out quick why companies aren't flocking to do blocks.

Obviously you have the same reading comprehension issue.

Since my keyboard doesn't type in crayon, perhaps you should go back and re-read (SLOWLY) my original post.

Point out where I bemoaned Trick Flow not making blocks, as OU812 alluded to, or where I stated it should be Trick Flow that produces an upgrade to the ancient PSO, or Millennium HEMI.

If you, or anyone else cannot understand what you are reading, why comment and prove to the world your lack of comprehension??? No self esteem, perhaps??? Ignorant, perhaps??? An OU812 butt-hurt cheerleader, perhaps???

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694247
11/14/14 03:39 AM
11/14/14 03:39 AM
SoCal
Brian Hafliger Offline
master
Brian Hafliger  Offline
master

SoCal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great......

Another head that drops right in the middle of a sea of mundane offerings to power a BBM down Main St.. What's that, about a dozen or more BBM heads that can't outflow a decent SBC piece, but still have the ability to bust a piece of junk 45 year old block???

No good iron, or CG blocks and not a single head casting that can top the ancient PSO.

I NEVER thought I'd see a day when it was better to be a Pontiac guy, as far as the performance aftermarket and R & D worlds are concerned. What's next.....another stock style HEMI head???

Trick Flow doesn't make blocks...perhaps you should whine to Block companies about the lack of BB mopar blocks...and not whine about getting a better quality of cylinder head than most of the current offerings.

I guess all these low power engines need a "better quality" cylinder head because the Ebrock, Indy, B1 and whatever other heads are out there in this category of cylinder head are just coming apart at the seems.

Trick Flow doesn't make *any* products of the type you want, and you're upset because they're releasing something new of what they *do* make. If we follow your logic there should be no new products permitted by anyone unless they release a cylinder block first. Are you upset at all the different intake manifolds out there too???

So go get a home equity loan, find a pattern shop and casting house, and start working on it yourself. You'll find out quick why companies aren't flocking to do blocks.

Since my keyboard doesn't type in crayon, perhaps you should go back and re-read (SLOWLY) my original post.

Point out where I bemoaned Trick Flow not making blocks, as OU812 alluded to, or where I stated it should be Trick Flow that produces an upgrade to the ancient PSO, or Millennium HEMI.

If you, or anyone else cannot understand what you are reading, why comment and prove to the world your lack of comprehension??? No self esteem, perhaps??? Ignorant, perhaps??? An OU812 butt-hurt cheerleader, perhaps???

Ha ha ha....your reply seems to describe yourself more than anyone else could have!

Brian Hafliger
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: Brian Hafliger] #1694248
11/14/14 06:08 AM
11/14/14 06:08 AM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great......

Ha ha ha....your reply seems to describe yourself more than anyone else could have!

Certainly not you, or that other simpleton.....

What's the problem......upset that you can't deny a single point in my original post, so you took it completely out of context in your idiotic response, or are your feelings hurt because I didn't pen a glowing welcome to yet ANOTHER run-o-the-mill cylinder head for a BBM that couldn't sniff a decent SBC, or SBF offering???

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: 64Post] #1694249
11/14/14 12:01 PM
11/14/14 12:01 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Quote:

Well, the more I hear about their quality, the more I'm interested. I'm tired of having an exhaust port on my MCH RPMs welded up to fix a water leak.

Well thank the god of your choice that the heads CAN be welded..... I personally know of a Mopar head that can't due to the crap they casted them of.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694250
11/14/14 02:42 PM
11/14/14 02:42 PM
Vista, California
67Satty Offline
pro stock
67Satty  Offline
pro stock

Vista, California
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great......

What's the problem......upset that you can't deny a single point in my original post, so you took it completely out of context in your idiotic response, or are your feelings hurt because I didn't pen a glowing welcome to yet ANOTHER run-o-the-mill cylinder head for a BBM that couldn't sniff a decent SBC, or SBF offering???

Why can't you just be happy for us little peons with the street/strip cars in the 400-600 hp range??? If their claims are true and they really are ready to bolt on (I know that might be a big if), they've made a head that will outflow both the RPM and the standard-port Indy EZ and beat both in price when you factor in not having to take them into someone before you can even think about using them. And why shouldn't they start with the head that they would sell the most of as the first offering?

How many total racers are even out there running something that needs more than what these can do compared to how many of us are out there with street/strip cars having fun driving our cars everywhere and driving them to the track?

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: BBR] #1694251
11/14/14 03:20 PM
11/14/14 03:20 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
From SEMA new products display

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694252
11/14/14 03:29 PM
11/14/14 03:29 PM
Indiana
F
Fury Fan Offline
master
Fury Fan  Offline
master
F

Indiana
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dang, nice slide into childishness, dude. Did you accidentally put your maxipad on tape-side up or what???

I had someone explain it to me. And reeaal slow, ‘cuz I’m a simpleton.

They said there’s a new part out there, and even though 95% of us will embrace it, it’s not the type of part **you** want, and you’re grouchin’ about it -- even though it doesn’t affect you whatsoever and you had no skin in bringing it out.

They said it seems you’ve forgotten what it was like ~10 years ago when this affordable aftermarket stuff didn’t exist for us.

They also thought if somebody did release a block, it probably wouldn’t be configured exactly the way you want anyway and you’d grouch about that.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: 67Satty] #1694253
11/14/14 03:43 PM
11/14/14 03:43 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great......

Why can't you just be happy for us little peons with the street/strip cars in the 400-600 hp range??? If their claims are true and they really are ready to bolt on (I know that might be a big if), they've made a head that will outflow both the RPM and the standard-port Indy EZ and beat both in price when you factor in not having to take them into someone before you can even think about using them. And why shouldn't they start with the head that they would sell the most of as the first offering?

How many total racers are even out there running something that needs more than what these can do compared to how many of us are out there with street/strip cars having fun driving our cars everywhere and driving them to the track?

The reason I'm not "happy" is because there are already multiple perfectly adequate choices for the "peons", as you call them, for street and bracket builds. Do you know how I know??? Because I had a regularly street driven low 9sec N/A BBM in the early 90s using the 1st Indy offerings. Since then, numerous other heads have been released that cover that performance level and most of them have been just fine.

I am the last person that needs to be lectured on the issues of the economics of MOPARLAND, or the inherent problem with the 40 we give up to the BBC in bore space and the 100 we give up to Ford, but I also know that other makes, including Pontiac are seriously handicapped when it comes to bore centers, yet the Pontiac aftermarket has made huge strides in high potential head and block castings........including from Edlebrock.

That MOPAR racers can't pick up the phone with credit card in hand and order even a single brand new, state-of-the-art iron, or CG engine block (big, or small) for a reasonable market driven price and have it in hand in a couple days, along with cylinder heads either finished, semi finished, or raw, that incorporate the advances that have been made since the PSO and Millennium were cooked up............is ludicrous.

It has nothing to do with not being "happy" for the "peons", as you call them, because not only have I spent WELL over 300k since 1976 when I began pouring money into this hobby..........I am also one of those "peons" you labeled.

What's really funny is......my friend and fellow "peon" recently scored a new set of W2s and is looking for a good guy to build him a street/strip 408 for his Dart. I recommended OU812.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: 67Satty] #1694254
11/14/14 03:45 PM
11/14/14 03:45 PM
West Coast, CA
T
Troy Offline
master
Troy  Offline
master
T

West Coast, CA
As soon as I saw this thread I new it was going to go down this road. Every time a new product comes out the arm chair quarter backs come out and think they could do a better job.

If this new product does not work for you then move on.....no need to bash it!!

Some of you people need to get out from behind the key board.....get in the real world and build something before you shoot off your mouth.

ok, have a nice day.

....there is nothing like driving my 1968 Hemi Dart around town and having people looking at you like you're nuts!!
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: Troy] #1694255
11/14/14 04:05 PM
11/14/14 04:05 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

As soon as I saw this thread I new it was going to go down this road. Every time a new product comes out the arm chair quarter backs come out and think they could do a better job.

Some of you people need to get out from behind the key board.....get in the real world and build something before you shoot off your mouth.

ok, have a nice day.

This could be the best head in it's class for it's intended purpose.

Point out EXACTLY where I "bashed it", or learn how to read.

Since you have no trouble shooting your mouth off, anytime you want to step into the real world and try your luck with either of my "somethings"......feel free. I'm just a lowly street guy with a really good spot for you to come take my money.......in the real world.

Ya game???

Last edited by jim sciortino; 11/14/14 04:09 PM.
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694256
11/14/14 04:15 PM
11/14/14 04:15 PM
Indiana
F
Fury Fan Offline
master
Fury Fan  Offline
master
F

Indiana
Quote:

What's really funny is......my friend and fellow "peon" recently scored a new set of W2s and is looking for a good guy to build him a street/strip 408 for his Dart. I recommended OU812.

When you say 'really funny' in that context, what does that mean? I surely don't want my bad comprehension to garner more of your scorn. Can you no longer recommend him because you're in defend-my-sentences mode with him, or ???

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694257
11/14/14 04:22 PM
11/14/14 04:22 PM
Pa
Hot 340 Offline
master
Hot 340  Offline
master

Pa
Quote:

Quote:

ok, have a nice day.

Since you have no trouble shooting your mouth off, anytime you want to step into the real world and try your luck with either of my "somethings"......feel free. I'm just a lowly street guy with a really good spot for you to come take my money.......in the real world.

Ya game???

Come on Jimmy, you aint got nothing fast.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694258
11/14/14 04:36 PM
11/14/14 04:36 PM
West Coast, CA
T
Troy Offline
master
Troy  Offline
master
T

West Coast, CA
Quote:

Quote:

ok, have a nice day.

Ya game???

....there is nothing like driving my 1968 Hemi Dart around town and having people looking at you like you're nuts!!
Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: Troy] #1694259
11/14/14 04:43 PM
11/14/14 04:43 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok, have a nice day.

Ya game???

Next time, try to understand what you're commenting on BEFORE you comment.

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694260
11/14/14 05:10 PM
11/14/14 05:10 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Look what a little bit of snow brings us.....Lighten up everybody...

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: Eric] #1694261
11/14/14 05:27 PM
11/14/14 05:27 PM
IL
E
EchoSixMike Offline
mopar
EchoSixMike  Offline
mopar
E

IL
Oh FFS.

OK, for the purposes of usefulness, what could you do with a -1 or B-1 offset rocker and say a 6.0 to 6.2 OAL valve of 2.30 or so diameter to fit within a 4.8 BS block?

The NASCAR guys are running valves that long in 358's with 4.1 bores and making 900+ HP that lives for 500-600 miles, so why not a BB? S/F.....Ken M

Re: Trick Flow introduces BBM heads [Re: jim sciortino] #1694262
11/14/14 05:34 PM
11/14/14 05:34 PM
West Coast, CA
T
Troy Offline
master
Troy  Offline
master
T

West Coast, CA
[quote

Next time, try to understand what you're commenting on BEFORE you comment.

I do and I did....your the one that is all defensive.

I was happy to see a new product come out for any Mopar engine. Heads, blocks and anything is nice to see. It means that the Mopar market is growing and that gives us all more options.

The point I was trying to make is many times a thread pops up on Moparts somebody always says "its not what we need" or "its to expensive" or "why did they build it like that". That is all I was trying to say.

Jim....I was not talking directly to you.

P.S. 8:60s at 160MPH all motor, How fast have you gone?? If you have gone faster then . If not then

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9