S
SCATPACK 1 Offline
pro stock
SCATPACK 1  Offline
pro stock
S

TN
They have that class....its called PRO.

Isn't PRO an ET class where you can do anything to your car? How do you equate an ET class that allows nitrous and trans brakes to a SS class where you have engine and body restrictions and no power adders? Why would you even think another ET class would satisfy the desire for a SS racer to compete against other SS cars?

Old Geezer Racing
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: REHBERGERRACING] #168721
12/16/08 11:25 PM
12/16/08 11:25 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The first problem would be points. A Mopar event with brand-x cars getting points? Doesn't make sense. You would need a sponsor (for a NSS class) and have it added to the original classes with no points. If HEMI & Max Wedge wanted to enter they could. It would help the car count for sure.

I think it would make the most sense to leave hemi class as is and change the max wedge-wedge to NSS...There would still be class run-offs Sat. for all the different NSS indexes... By the way I haven't figured out why the AMX's are included...

This would add more fans and definitely more cars..It would add to the program in my opinion..
I would think the sponsers would like to see the increase in cars and would attract new ones as well.. As far as points it would be NSS only class points.. Who thinks a chevy or a ford would beat all the mopars for the points championship anyway poppaj

4884056-coronet096.jpg (34 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168722
12/16/08 11:37 PM
12/16/08 11:37 PM
CHI-TOWN
REHBERGERRACING Offline
Redenbacher Racing
REHBERGERRACING  Offline
Redenbacher Racing

CHI-TOWN
Quote:

Quote:

The first problem would be points. A Mopar event with brand-x cars getting points? Doesn't make sense. You would need a sponsor (for a NSS class) and have it added to the original classes with no points. If HEMI & Max Wedge wanted to enter they could. It would help the car count for sure.

I think it would make the most sense to leave hemi class as is and change the max wedge-wedge to NSS...There would still be class run-offs Sat. for all the different NSS indexes... By the way I haven't figured out why the AMX's are included...

This would add more fans and definitely more cars..It would add to the program in my opinion..
I would think the sponsers would like to see the increase in cars and would attract new ones as well.. As far as points it would be NSS only class points.. Who thinks a chevy or a ford would beat all the mopars for the points championship anyway poppaj

A Mopar better win points championship. Its a good idea. Anything to get a better car count without butchering the existing rules.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: REHBERGERRACING] #168723
12/16/08 11:41 PM
12/16/08 11:41 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club

BROOK PARK, OH
Quote:

Anything to get a better car count without butchering the existing rules.

And don't the rules state

Chrysler bodied, chrysler powered?

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: WILD BILL] #168724
12/16/08 11:45 PM
12/16/08 11:45 PM
CHI-TOWN
REHBERGERRACING Offline
Redenbacher Racing
REHBERGERRACING  Offline
Redenbacher Racing

CHI-TOWN
Quote:

Quote:

Anything to get a better car count without butchering the existing rules.

And don't the rules state

Chrysler bodied, chrysler powered?

Those rules are minor.....

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: REHBERGERRACING] #168725
12/17/08 12:09 AM
12/17/08 12:09 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Just thinking....who wouldn't want a chance to trailer the 422 motorsport gang on a few more occasions...you know they would bring their eight car arsenal..They always came to Tony Depilo's
NSCA NSS events as well as the NMCA events.. Them alone would increase the car count by 20%..Plus they have some very nice cars and a group of nice guys to race against....

4884179-savoy006.jpg (38 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: The Avg. Valiant] #168726
12/17/08 12:16 AM
12/17/08 12:16 AM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
I would have to think that it would take a sponsor willing to pay for the purse before CC Events could add a NSS Class and it is hard enough to get any sponsor for the series anytime of the year, but with Sponsorship and the economy as it is now, I would just guess that there is most likely no chance of CC Events adding another class for 2009.

It is extremely costly to run a class (payout to each division)... If anything, you might see them drop a class if sponsorship is unavailable....
(the truckin class comes to mind)
Just my thoughts on that, nothing that Charlie or CC Events has ever said....

Keep in mind, CC Events lost a lot of money in 2008...We are lucky that Charlie will return in 2009, but I know he is determined to make this Series work...

Charlie is not even in Ohio right now and he never gets on Moparts... So no matter what the poll comes out with, I have my doubts it will have an impact on how CC Events will run its races in 2009...unless someone has major Sponsorship dollars on hand for such a class....

After the crowd response and fan support of Super Stock AA at Norwalk I know Charlie would really like to run a Super Stock /AA class for the NHRA legal guys, but again, sponsorship is the issue ...But I have a gut feeling that if CC Events were to add a Class it would be SS/AA, and again it is unlikely, even with the NHRA and Mopar Sponsorship up in the air for that division....... But in truth CC Events already has a Hemi class as well so there is no real urgency to have another Hemi Class except the SS/AA guys may actually need a home for 2009 with the way things are so unsettled right now.

I cannot speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do work with them very closely... I am not sure why the poll was even posted to be honest, I do know this.......... Charlie nor Eddie Blankenship or anyone that works for CC Events put it up here on Moparts....

It takes cash to put on these events and when you lose money at every event you had in 2008, it is unlikely that one would want to take a chance for 2009 on a new class...Just my

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168727
12/17/08 12:37 AM
12/17/08 12:37 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I would have to think that it would take a sponsor willing to pay for the purse before CC Events could add a NSS Class and it is hard enough to get any sponsor for the series anytime of the year, but with Sponsorship and the economy as it is now, I would just guess that there is most likely no chance of CC Events adding another class for 2009.

It is extremely costly to run a class (payout to each division)... If anything, you might see them drop a class if sponsorship is unavailable....
(the truckin class comes to mind)
Just my thoughts on that, nothing that Charlie or CC Events has ever said....

Keep in mind, CC Events lost a lot of money in 2008...We are lucky that Charlie will return in 2009, but I know he is determined to make this Series work...

Charlie is not even in Ohio right now and he never gets on Moparts... So no matter what the poll comes out with, I have my doubts it will have an impact on how CC Events will run its races in 2009...unless someone has major Sponsorship dollars on hand for such a class....

After the crowd response and fan support of Super Stock AA at Norwalk I know Charlie would really like to run a Super Stock /AA class for the NHRA legal guys, but again, sponsorship is the issue ...But I have a gut feeling that if CC Events were to add a Class it would be SS/AA, and again it is unlikely, even with the NHRA and Mopar Sponsorship up in the air for that division....... But in truth CC Events already has a Hemi class as well so there is no real urgency to have another Hemi Class except the SS/AA guys may actually need a home for 2009 with the way things are so unsettled right now.

I cannot speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do work with them very closely... I am not sure why the poll was even posted to be honest, I do know this.......... Charlie nor Eddie Blankenship or anyone that works for CC Events put it up here on Moparts....

It takes cash to put on these events and when you lose money at every event you had in 2008, it is unlikely that one would want to take a chance for 2009 on a new class...Just my

It would not be adding a class it would be reworking one. More cars means more cash for the circuit..

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168728
12/17/08 12:59 AM
12/17/08 12:59 AM
Ohio
Dan Brewer Offline
super stock
Dan Brewer  Offline
super stock

Ohio
Just a couple thoughts I have
Even if you make an all run "mopar" NSS, you will loose most if not all Hemi cars because of the tire rules.
IF you bring in the "X" cars you will loose the class sponsors that are mopar only vendors.
IF you want an all makes NSS, run it on Sat only instead of the class run-offs. I hate those anyways. Run the car 3-4 rounds for a trophy, big deal. Make it worth something, $50 entry for a $2500 purse based off 50 cars or something like that. Now lets hear the about it already cost enough to go to a classic race.....
Dan Brewer

A833 4-speeds, parts & services
http://www.brewersperformance.com/
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Dan Brewer] #168729
12/17/08 04:11 AM
12/17/08 04:11 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

you guys arent following this idea very well...

Hemi would still be its own class.

Max wedge would be turned into NSS, indy would prolly still sponsor, as well as others possibly...

and although Charlie doesn't get on here, Eddie does. And maybe they just might listen to the people who are supporting there races. The poll is a great idea I think we should see where it goes.

All this started as an idea... an idea to maybe up the car count and bring in some more of that green stuff.

Thanks for voting

Casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168730
12/17/08 11:31 AM
12/17/08 11:31 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

you guys arent following this idea very well...

Hemi would still be its own class.

Max wedge would be turned into NSS, indy would prolly still sponsor, as well as others possibly...

and although Charlie doesn't get on here, Eddie does. And maybe they just might listen to the people who are supporting there races. The poll is a great idea I think we should see where it goes.
All this started as an idea... an idea to maybe up the car count and bring in some more of that green stuff.

Thanks for voting

Casey

The poll should be done with the MW racers in the MW class

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: max_maniac] #168731
12/17/08 12:04 PM
12/17/08 12:04 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
The maxie guys are the ones who should make this call, should Charlie decide to try this.

They are the ones who would have to make the choice.....Do I run Maxie? or Do I run NSS?

I can't for a minute believe that Indy would put up the bux for an all brand race....why would they? Their bread and butter is the MoPar wedge guys, why would they want the possibility of paying out to someone else? At the Chrysler Classic? That would be a hard sell.

Like I say, I am not totally opposed to the idea....it helps me out a bunch, personally. But, I am looking at it from a realistic, business point of view. There is a lot of things to consider. And, to be truthful, in the east here there is a lot of regular NSS races (the Beaver Springs deals, the 422 motorsports all-star series, etc.)

I love NSS racing. But, I would not blame Charlie for nixing this idea.

Last edited by Steve1118; 12/17/08 12:06 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168732
12/17/08 06:58 PM
12/17/08 06:58 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

indy is not even the main sponsor for the class... they just throw in bonus money for running their parts...

ok even if they leave it up to the MW guys like myself, im sure it would still fly. Luckily MOST of the guys aren't scared to race a few brand x'ers, so maybe he will do that

casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168733
12/17/08 08:14 PM
12/17/08 08:14 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Unless you get representation from the Hemi and wedge racers and the event owners to sit down and talk everyone is just pissing in the wind here.I've watched these races for years and it's the personal agendas of a certain few that keep these classes from evolving to a set standard that preserves the true spirit of the period uniquiness of these cars.A good sound criteria for Hemi class,wedge class,and period correct A/FX and a period correct Pro-stock class needs to be developed and adheared to.Even a early funny car class would be unique.A line needs to drawn on the new techonology.The only upgrades should be in the area of safty equipment.Not trying to offend anyone,just my opinion.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168734
12/17/08 09:13 PM
12/17/08 09:13 PM
central ohio
N
nss guy Offline
pro stock
nss guy  Offline
pro stock
N

central ohio
The people that started this thread need to get their facts straight. INDY CYLINDER HEADS DOES NOT SPONSOR MAX WEDGE!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: nss guy] #168735
12/17/08 09:18 PM
12/17/08 09:18 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The people that started this thread need to get their facts straight. INDY CYLINDER HEADS DOES NOT SPONSOR MAX WEDGE!

did I not just say that? but they do give bonus money...

its sponsered by tti

Jim what do you think about it? you race both MW and NSS pretty heavily...

Casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168736
12/17/08 09:31 PM
12/17/08 09:31 PM
central ohio
N
nss guy Offline
pro stock
nss guy  Offline
pro stock
N

central ohio
Quote:

Quote:

its sponsered by tti

Casey

You are exactly right, I race both, and it needs decided by the people that race in MW, that being said you need to start racing in either MW or NSS or keep your opinions to yourself. Sorry for the harshness but you haven't raced in either class the last year and maybe 2 times in 07.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168737
12/17/08 09:38 PM
12/17/08 09:38 PM
NC
440Jim Offline
I Live Here
440Jim  Offline
I Live Here

NC
I voted for all Mopar. This is the Chrysler Classic right?

The easiest way to get more cars is to open up the rules. Keep the theme, but eliminate the "purest" rules that kill car count. I ran the old CC NSS years ago. I even bought some stuff to fit the rules back then, two front seats, period correct scoop/hood etc.

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: nss guy] #168738
12/17/08 09:54 PM
12/17/08 09:54 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

its sponsered by tti

Casey

You are exactly right, I race both, and it needs decided by the people that race in MW, that being said you need to start racing in either MW or NSS or keep your opinions to yourself. Sorry for the harshness but you haven't raced in either class the last year and maybe 2 times in 07.

.... please. I have just as much right to my opinion as you do. I dunno who you think you are.... i did race in 06, and 07, and yes only at NTR and Norwalk...but who cares? 90% of the MW racers dont go to all the events. Not to mention other NSS events we have raced.. and Last year we did enter and pay our money TWICE... just because we have some problems with the cars dont mean anything... sorry for the rant i will go off into my little corner and let the REAL max wedge racers handle this... sorry for your time.

Casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168739
12/17/08 10:18 PM
12/17/08 10:18 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
We need a group hug and Steve 1118 to lead us in a chorus of Kumbuya

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11