12/23/08 12:46 PM
12/23/08 12:46 PM
O-H-I-O
sixpackjeff Offline
mopar
sixpackjeff  Offline
mopar

O-H-I-O
"Since the Blankenship family took over three seasons ago, the series has improved immensely...."

I, above all, have hesitated to comment. GenuineRocker, since you've stirred up this post, maybe you can explain your comment above? Especially since you weren't even around four years ago, have never raced, have never shown or even owned a collector car. Are there more particiapants now? Are there more venuues? Are the entry fees lower? Purses higher? Swap meets bigger? Is there more advertising? Do that many people love Goldberg? Anyone who is a true writer knows to check their facts.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: sixpackjeff] #168881
12/23/08 01:02 PM
12/23/08 01:02 PM
Nelsonville , Ohio
D
Duster3105 Offline
mopar
Duster3105  Offline
mopar
D

Nelsonville , Ohio

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Duster3105] #168882
12/23/08 01:13 PM
12/23/08 01:13 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
I agree with doug. If the Hemi cars are run with 10.5 tires and no trans brake let them in.
Doug

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Duster3105] #168883
12/23/08 01:31 PM
12/23/08 01:31 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Move over -

Also did anyone notice the new all Mopar winter swap meet in Hilliard Ohio being now put on by Sled City Special Events on 1/31/09..... one month before the CC Events Winter Swap in the same area

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: max_maniac] #168884
12/23/08 01:40 PM
O-H-I-O
sixpackjeff Offline
mopar
sixpackjeff  Offline
mopar

O-H-I-O
Don't forget this one. www.ohiomotorsportsexpo.com February 7, Ohio State Fairgrounds.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: max_maniac] #168885

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Move over -

Dag nabbit. Now I got to go clean my coffee off my puter screen....

I never thought the words "MOVE OVER" could be so funny.

Where did you see the info about the Hillard Swap meet.?

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: max_maniac] #168886
12/23/08 01:41 PM
12/23/08 01:41 PM
Nelsonville , Ohio
D
Duster3105 Offline
mopar
Duster3105  Offline
mopar
D

Nelsonville , Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Move over -

Also did anyone notice the new all Mopar winter swap meet in Hilliard Ohio being now put on by Sled City Special Events on 1/31/09..... one month before the CC Events Winter Swap in the same area

Yep, I got something in the mail about it.

Now back to

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168887
12/23/08 01:44 PM
12/23/08 01:44 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Move over -

Dag nabbit. Now I got to go clean my coffee off my puter screen....

I never thought the words "MOVE OVER" could be so funny.

Where did you see the info about the Hillard Swap meet.?

I actually got a nice flyer in the mail and then I also noticed the ad in the MCG I just received last week. Jeff, thanks for the info on the other swap meet also

can't wait for the ending

Last edited by max_maniac; 12/23/08 01:45 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: max_maniac] #168888
12/23/08 02:16 PM
12/23/08 02:16 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
THIS HORSE IS OFFICALLY DEAD QUIT BEATING IT......THE END

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: StillRock69] #168889
12/23/08 04:10 PM
12/23/08 04:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

After Jeff Johnson’s Chrysler Classic Events cancelled the experiment in, let’s call it ‘Late Model Nostalgia Super Stock’ and made my 1969 GTX obsolete, I felt I needed to better understand the situation.

So in June of 2005 I sought out Dave Duell and asked him the same question.

His answer was that a fundamental principle supported by a majority of the participants was NSS should represent the history of factory direct involvement and that happened more in the early to middle part of the 1960-1970 decade.

He added that including the later time period also made allowing the ‘pony cars’ a concern; that most do not accept Mustangs, Camaros, etc. and the late ‘60’s models as true factory Super Stock with the exception of the 1967 RO23 cars and the 1968 package Barracudas and Darts.

In todays TOUGH times I would think that the ABUNDANCE of 1968-1974 cars out there, would be a welcome addition to any venue.

The rules I have seen for the NSS class are very well written.

But it does seem that given a few days of thought, that a similar set could be written for a NPS class. Then the cars count could go through the ROOF.

NSS/NPS class

Talk about people comming out of the wood work to see this.!!!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168890
12/23/08 07:45 PM
12/23/08 07:45 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

so fellas, where do we stand, or was this just a waste of typing!!!!

i want to get 2 races at beaver springs or pittsburgh or 1 & 1 at each track and race mopar to mopar. forget the brand
X stuff at this point, lets get east and west together to have the time of your life.
i think it will be insane, especially if im at the grille, just ask HEMITIS.

BG says he'll sponsor it.
BG needs to get out more, hes stuck inside all the time.he needs to come out and play and get some air!!!!
The YANKEE FISH PEDDLER wants to give him a good ol'fashioned spanking!!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168891
12/23/08 07:51 PM
12/23/08 07:51 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Chris, I've placed a phone call to Beaver Bob, and followed it up with an email. I know Bob, very, very, well, and he is usually very, very receptive to this stuff. He is a different breed of promotor, he actually truly loves this stuff!!!

I don't know what he is doing....he may be out of town for the Holidays (he's been known to do that), but I am sure he will get back to me as soon as he can.

I'll be in touch! Maybe we can make this happen, and the Italian Stallion vs. the Missile would be icing on the cake!!!

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168892
12/23/08 08:00 PM
12/23/08 08:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Chris, I've placed a phone call to Beaver Bob, and followed it up with an email. I know Bob, very, very, well, and he is usually very, very receptive to this stuff. He is a different breed of promotor, he actually truly loves this stuff!!!

I don't know what he is doing....he may be out of town for the Holidays (he's been known to do that), but I am sure he will get back to me as soon as he can.

I'll be in touch! Maybe we can make this happen, and the Italian Stallion vs. the Missile would be icing on the cake!!!

Steve, thanks your the best, i knew someone is motivated like myself.
i want to watch the missle and sox & martin car start inching up the staging lanes and when they are almost up to the water box, i slip in with my 65 dodge and give Hemifred a good old fashion spanking.
his reaction at the starting line will look like this.>

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168893
12/23/08 09:09 PM
12/23/08 09:09 PM
NC
440Jim Offline
I Live Here
440Jim  Offline
I Live Here

NC
Quote:

But it does seem that given a few days of thought, that a similar set could be written for a NPS class. Then the cars count could go through the ROOF.

I agree, car count is one way to make a class pay for itself. Otherwise you need a sponser to pay the bill, and that could be done at any event, not strictly a Chrysler event.

The Pro class at the CCevent pays for itself with car count, no nit-picky rules lets everyone enter.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168894
12/24/08 12:38 AM
12/24/08 12:38 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

so fellas, where do we stand, or was this just a waste of typing!!!!

i want to get 2 races at beaver springs or pittsburgh or 1 & 1 at each track and race mopar to mopar. forget the brand
X stuff at this point, lets get east and west together to have the time of your life.
i think it will be insane, especially if im at the grille, just ask HEMITIS.

BG says he'll sponsor it.
BG needs to get out more, hes stuck inside all the time.he needs to come out and play and get some air!!!!
The YANKEE FISH PEDDLER wants to give him a good ol'fashioned spanking!!

Chris and Steve,

I am posting Beaver Springs Schedule on a new thread. It was updated as of yesterday... The dates are getting pretty thin.
Check it out.

As for Pittsburgh, I couldn't find the 09 Schedule; all they had up was for 08. Maybe BG can get it for us.

On another note... would anyone be opposed to using these races to promote CCE and NENDRA? We could hand out flyers with schedules and sponsors.
If these two organizations would like to toss in some bonus money that would be great... if they can't or won't that's fine to. The main idea is to bring in some new racers and hopefully spectators.
Just a thought.

Kevin

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168895
12/24/08 10:05 AM
12/24/08 10:05 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

would anyone be opposed to using these races to promote CCE and NENDRA? We could hand out flyers with schedules and sponsors.
If these two organizations would like to toss in some bonus money that would be great... if they can't or won't that's fine to.

IF we did use this event to"promote" CCE and /or NENDRA we would have to do THIS event early in the year or it would be a waste of time to promote what has "already" occurred in earlier months.

But with that being said I have a pretty good idea. Let me talk to BG & I will post the idea in about an hour.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168896
12/24/08 11:48 AM
12/24/08 11:48 AM
mi
RATPATROL Offline
enthusiast
RATPATROL  Offline
enthusiast

mi
i don't think another race will help cce,ok lets turn this around, if i wanted to promote cce and had a race in central michigan would you nj. pa. ny. guys be interested? probably not to long of a tow, why does a pinks race fill up in 2 minutes? tv coverage and 10k, now i realize tv coverage of a cce is not a option and money is tight they could start off with better magazine coverage, mcg magazine goes to vegas and has 4 full color pages of the ride there and a guy spends 100k on a superstock car wins a cce race and gets a postage size stamp pic at the starting line, heck unless my mcg was missing a page they did not even post the final hemi points!! last year here on moparts i seen people have 50k invested in racecar, truck, and trailer and complain about $300 in fuel ,and complain about the weather before it comes which i think detours others from going to the event.there are plenty of mopars around to fill any track (look at norwalk finals) the bottom line is we all need to get with all our mopar friends and plan to come out and race even if your car has 1 carburator and you run pro class you will have fun with friends and watching cars like yours racing. who knows you might win and if you do i guarantee it will be fun no matter what class your in.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: RATPATROL] #168897
12/24/08 05:05 PM
12/24/08 05:05 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

i don't think another race will help cce,ok lets turn this around, if i wanted to promote cce and had a race in central michigan would you nj. pa. ny. guys be interested? probably not to long of a tow, why does a pinks race fill up in 2 minutes? tv coverage and 10k, now i realize tv coverage of a cce is not a option and money is tight they could start off with better magazine coverage, mcg magazine goes to vegas and has 4 full color pages of the ride there and a guy spends 100k on a superstock car wins a cce race and gets a postage size stamp pic at the starting line, heck unless my mcg was missing a page they did not even post the final hemi points!! last year here on moparts i seen people have 50k invested in racecar, truck, and trailer and complain about $300 in fuel ,and complain about the weather before it comes which i think detours others from going to the event.there are plenty of mopars around to fill any track (look at norwalk finals) the bottom line is we all need to get with all our mopar friends and plan to come out and race even if your car has 1 carburator and you run pro class you will have fun with friends and watching cars like yours racing. who knows you might win and if you do i guarantee it will be fun no matter what class your in.

i couldnt have said it any better.
the funny thing is the east coast guys do trailer out to martin michigan,norwalk, pittsburgh, columbus and quaker city. i know i have but how many ohio and western Pa. guys come to Atco, Englishtown, Island or Lebanon Valley.
Beaver Springs is a 5 hour tow for me and Pittsburgh is even farther but ll be there in a heartbeat but if the weather is very iffy im going to pass.

do you realize if both sides come out to play how many mopars will show up for an event like this. it would be sick!!!!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168898
12/24/08 06:49 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

the funny thing is the east coast guys do trailer out to martin michigan,norwalk, pittsburgh, columbus and quaker city. i know i have but how many ohio and western Pa. guys come to Atco, Englishtown, Island or Lebanon Valley.
Beaver Springs

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168899
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Beaver Springs is a 5 hour tow for me and Pittsburgh is even farther but ll be there in a heartbeat but if the weather is very iffy im going to pass.

do you realize if both sides come out to play how many mopars will show up for an event like this. it would be sick!!!!

We don't venture to the east coast fringe of NY,NJ or Phila.Cause of the Mafia connections.Freddy Gumba and his crew says we have to let him win or we will be sleeping with "The Yankee Fish Peddler"

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11