05/23/03 12:12 PM
05/23/03 12:12 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to Team Moparts for your acceptance into the 2003 Popular Hot Rodding Magazine Engine Masters Challenge competition. I'd like to personally thank Dan Costello, Mike Doty, Jesse Lackman, Tom Frysinger, and John Wenetta for making this happen. As you may have read on the pages of PHR, there are several websites participating as teams and this is a new thing not seen before. For this reason, I would like to inform those involved that I will be recommending the readers of PHR to visit here and to feel welcome asking questions of the particpants. Naturally, secret stuff will stay secret, but I'd hope it would be okay to encourage other enthusiasts to visit with their inquiries.

I'd also like to inform all the members and visitors to this site about the other entrants in the Challenge who have been accepted and will be bringing Mopar engines into the battle.

Ray Barton will be bringing a Hemi.
Dick Landy will be bringing a Hemi.
Tim Davis will be bringing a Wedge.
Crower Motorsports will be bringing a 392-based Hemi.
Nelson Racing Engines will be bringing a Wedge.
T&B Performance will be bringing a Wedge. Performance Research will be bringing a Wedge.
High Flow Performance will be bringing a Wedge.
Kristopher Nelson (an independent builder) will also be bringing a Hemi.

There are some other heavy hitters involved, too. I don't wish to take up too much of your space here, but I certainly wanted to extend my welcome, thank you for your entry, and encourage you to bring your best work. The competition is serious, and the lessons learned will serve to benefit all hot rodders running the streets on pump gas. I'll be checking in here occasionally, so if you've got some casual questions regarding the competition, please feel free to post them. Should the participants have technical questions requiring immediate attention, please e-mail them to me directly at scott.parkhurst@primedia.com.

Our new EngineMasters.com website will be launched soon, and more information will be posted there as well.

Thanks again, and we'll see you on Dyno Day!

Scott Parkhurst
Technical Editor/Popular Hot Rodding Magazine
Technical Director/Engine Masters Challenge

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #167
05/23/03 01:53 PM
05/23/03 01:53 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks for having us. This should be a good battle indeed.

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #168
05/23/03 01:56 PM
05/23/03 01:56 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

do we have a thread talking about this? I've not been on much and no nothing about it!

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #169
05/23/03 02:01 PM
05/23/03 02:01 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
well , sort of ...

thanks scott , there are some of the best names in the biz building for this competion , our group being included is pretty cool in our minds ...

there are more members involved in this than scott eluded to , anyone that replied to the original thread posted by andyf was given the opportunity to add to the mix . we have a good group and it will be interesting to see how we do .

once all is said and done all the info will be put in the public eye .

running up my post count some more .
Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: JohnRR] #170
05/23/03 03:08 PM
05/23/03 03:08 PM
Wild West
M_D Offline
pro stock
M_D  Offline
pro stock

Wild West
Scott, I want to say thanks for allowing us in the contest. The competition is stiff (not even counting the other brands), but hopefully we will have a respectable engine to test nonetheless.

Since this is a multi person team I can only speak for myself, but assuming that once the competition is over and anyone is actually interested in any or all aspects of our entry, I would expect that the critical technical information would be publicly available to all either in magazine articles or here.

Also, there are other people contributing to this with monetary support and/or parts donations, as well as the ones just giving general support.

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challe [Re: M_D] #171
05/23/03 03:27 PM
05/23/03 03:27 PM
Hertford, England
Dartbloke Offline
enthusiast
Dartbloke  Offline
enthusiast

Hertford, England
Well done guys! so who are our team?

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: M_D] #172
05/23/03 03:30 PM
05/23/03 03:30 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the Moparts entrants! If nothing else, the Moparts.com entry will showcase the engine building talents and expertise that exist on this board.

GO MOPARTS!!!

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge *DELETED* #173
05/23/03 04:01 PM
05/23/03 04:01 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I guess moderators are NOT allowed to have an Opinion ???

Last edited by carl; 05/23/03 08:37 PM.
Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #174
05/23/03 04:24 PM
05/23/03 04:24 PM
Vermont
T
TrWaters Offline
top fuel
TrWaters  Offline
top fuel
T

Vermont
I guess no one asked Carl to be on the team?

TR Waters
Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: TrWaters] #175
05/23/03 04:30 PM
05/23/03 04:30 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

From the information ive seen given out on this board i think Moparts should have a very respectible engine. GO MOPARTS!

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #176
05/23/03 05:41 PM
05/23/03 05:41 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Not to start anything but unless I'm missing something major then I disagree with Carl - it was a public post asking for interest - the team was selected from the respondants of that post. I remember reading it and I also remember opting to not respond and join cause I didn't feel I had enough time/knowledge to be useful.

Now that the team is selected I think it's totally appropriate for them to avoid disclosing too much info publicly. It is a competition after all...

Best of luck to the Moparts team!!

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #177
05/23/03 06:46 PM
05/23/03 06:46 PM
Hudson Mass
67Mopar Offline
master
67Mopar  Offline
master

Hudson Mass
Manimal is right on this one, Carl, you have some bada$$ stuff, and your work is great, I go to the tech files all the time, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but I remember the post, I think andyf started it, and it was an open request for the members to contribute if they felt they could, if you replied, and wanted to be in, and they turned you away, thats a different story, I hope the latter is not the case, because I would hate to see any animosity towards the best team, That being the mods on Moparts, and all its members, over this engine masters thing, in the big picture that is just a very small piece, your contributions, and input are second from none, from the outside looking in, dont be offended.

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: 67Mopar] #178
05/23/03 06:54 PM
05/23/03 06:54 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
just for the record of everyone that responded to that original thread that was up for about 10 days and had over 1500 views , all but 2 people , ( one was not able to help out in any capacity and the other never responded to my PM ) that responded are able to view and respond to whats going on .

of that orignal list , all but a few respond to what we have accomplished so far . its not a large group , but its a good group that gets along amazingly well , a couple guys are in forgien countries and can only help with tech info which has been a great help .

this thread really doesn't need to be a debating stump , i appreciate ANY and all comments .

in the end moparts.com as a whole wins .

running up my post count some more .
Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: 67Mopar] #179
05/23/03 07:00 PM
05/23/03 07:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Carl,

As far as I know everybody who posted to that thread, and expressed interest was able to join. Nobody "selected" me and I am definitely not a member of an "elite" anything.

I think it reflects well on the talent level of this board that a self-selecting group of Moparts members, most of whom have never met, was chosen to field an entry in this competition.

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge [Re: JohnRR] #180
05/23/03 07:07 PM
05/23/03 07:07 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

can you disclose any of the basics?
hemi or wedge?
i think i missed that thread but i wouldnt be any help anyway!

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #181
05/23/03 07:11 PM
05/23/03 07:11 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

i haven't seen the latest issue of PHR, but i'm curious as to which other web boards are participating???

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #182
05/23/03 07:13 PM
05/23/03 07:13 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

good luck moparts

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challenge #183
05/23/03 07:39 PM
05/23/03 07:39 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I think it's great you guys got it together.

Best of luck and I hope you guys finish in the money

Go team Moparts

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challe #184
05/23/03 08:40 PM
05/23/03 08:40 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Brian_wo Offline
master
Brian_wo  Offline
master

Omaha Nebraska
Quote:

I guess moderators are NOT allowed to have an Opinion ???

LOL

who is that guy?
Re: Team Moparts - Engine Masters Challe [Re: Brian_wo] #185
05/23/03 09:44 PM
05/23/03 09:44 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

You know, I think Carl may have a point. If I remember correctly, There was a post with the subject " If you were to build an Engine masters engine, what would you build?" I'm wondering if there was there ever a "hey, if you would like to participate in the engine masters engine please post here" ? If there was such a post , I certainly do not recall it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4